The Miami Herald expects the Dolphins to extend Mike Pouncey this offseason. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Herald expects the Dolphins to extend Mike Pouncey this offseason.

It would incredibly stupid to let him go without a more than adequate replacement. This team needs to get the oline right with 5 actual starters. Until then we will not be able to expand the field (i.e. go deep) and improve our redzone performance.

Sorry but I'd not guarantee much money to him. He seems a little imature to me and a time bomb waiting to go off. At his best he's one of the better centers around but we don't really know what he's goung to do next.

Want to lessen that cap hit I guess...should make him play it out but maybe tannehills contract comes into play here

To people complaining about having no replacement, no one is cutting him. He has a year left on his deal, make him earn it and prove last year was the result of a position change. I don't trust him enough to give him a ton of GTD money yet, lets hvae him QB and OL that doesn't give up more than 50 sacks before we start shelling out top 5 center money for him.

With that said, if this year's play gives us the opportunity for a big discount, say 4/20 then I'm interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pouncey's weak season might have set the Dolphins up for a potential bargain with this next contract. I hope is plays out that way.

To people complaining about having no replacement, no one is cutting him. He has a year left on his deal, make him earn it and prove last year was the result of a position change. I don't trust him enough to give him a ton of GTD money yet, lets hvae him QB and OL that doesn't give up more than 50 sacks before we start shelling out top 5 center money for him.

With that said, if this year's play gives us the opportunity for a big discount, say 4/20 then I'm interested.

problem is if he has a good year this upcoming season, we have no meat left on his contract and he has the dolphins by the gonads....we have much more leverage opening up dialogue for an extension now then we will after next year. if he asks for too much this go-around? let him play it out and give us more time to find a replacement

Pouncey showed the makings of a great teammate by the willingness to go to RG. Unselfish move.
Huh? You play where your coach tells you to if it betters the team. It's not Pouncey's choice. Do we give Reshad a medal when he goes from SS to FS. Misi moving inside wasn't some great act of selflessness. Players like Jordan, Starks, Odrick, Vernon, who have to completely change their bodies to play the positions we move them to have to go through a hell of a lot more. It's almost insulting to them to somehow applaud Pouncey for moving along the interior of the line.

The second Pouncey said something along the lines of "I'm going back to center next season, period." I would have been fixing to cut him. You play where I think you'll help us win the most games.

My god, do people really think Pouncey is gonna do something to make the team lose draft picks.

Do you really believe that? Like really?

:bobdole:

What has he shown that would even remotely come close to that?

Actually, I do. Any time something stupid happens with this team that potentially brings trouble, guess who is right there in the middle of it all. You generally put up with those ind of antics for a star QB, WR, or some other playmaker, but it just isn't worth it to put up with all of the trouble he brings for an offensive lineman.

Back
Top Bottom