The MLB off-season thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The MLB off-season thread

Perfect23

Active Roster
Reaction score
It's that time of year when intresting stuff starts picking up so here post any rumors you heard or any trade that may happen or just your opinion of what teams should go after.

For all you Marlins fans out there, Giants and Fish are supposedly talking trade.

Jon Sanchez for Jorge Cantu.

The Marlins are rumored to have interest in bringing back Pudge Rodriguez according to rotoworld. Would obviously be a huge upgrade over Matt Treanor and would be a great veteran presence on the team that could help with the development of John Baker.

The Marlins are rumored to have interest in bringing back Pudge Rodriguez according to rotoworld. Would obviously be a huge upgrade over Matt Treanor and would be a great veteran presence on the team that could help with the development of John Baker.
I dont know what the Marlins have at catcher, but Pudge was pretty much garbage on the Yankees. He hit like .220 or something like that and has lost a lot defensively.

K-Rod to the Mets. His deal is a bargain. Teams are feeling the economic crunch. Vazquez will help the Braves. Leaving the Cell should help him. He was brutal down the stretch. Dye for Homer Bailey is rumored. Freel Sto the Orioles for Ramon Hernandez.

Once C.C. lands I think the 2nd tier pitchers like Burnett and Lowell will sign. If the Cubs land Peavy and don't win the WS or atleast a playoff round it'd be remarkable. Some players like say a Varitek, Orlando Cabrera, Oli Perez may have been better off accepting arbitration and then trying to get more money next year.

Peavy to the cubs is a hot topic

Mike Lamb was signed by the Brewers and the Dodgers met with C.C.

$37 million for a closer is pretty retarded.

Why? Considering Francisco Cordero got 4/46 last offseason. I believe in Moneyball and that every inning is important. Though i'll acknowledge it takes a different type of mindset to be a closer. Over the course of his tenure Mariano Rivera has been important to the Yankees. Brad Lidge and the bums the Mets had closing games probably was the difference between playoffs and not going to the playoffs. Gil Meche got 5/55 two seasons ago and i'd take K-Rod over him everyday.

I think it was a bargain. If the economy wasn't so f'd and teams weren't worried about people coming to games and making money he'd of gotten more.

Retarded is the Citibank still paying for the rights to name the Mets new stadium.

Why? Considering Francisco Cordero got 4/46 last offseason. I believe in Moneyball and that every inning is important. Though i'll acknowledge it takes a different type of mindset to be a closer. Over the course of his tenure Mariano Rivera has been important to the Yankees. Brad Lidge and the bums the Mets had closing games probably was the difference between playoffs and not going to the playoffs. Gil Meche got 5/55 two seasons ago and i'd take K-Rod over him everyday.

I think it was a bargain. If the economy wasn't so f'd and teams weren't worried about people coming to games and making money he'd of gotten more.

Retarded is the Citibank still paying for the rights to name the Mets new stadium.

Winning the World Series*

Surprising CC news, the Yanks have reportedly dropped out (or CC rejected them) and the Brewers are the favorites right now to resign him unless one of the California teams offer him a deal. CC has said he wants to stay in the NL because he loves to hit, and he is a Cali guy. The Dodgers (whom he'd like to sign with) are probably just gonna resign Manny and be done with it. Unless the Angels offer him a huge contract (though they're waiting on Tex), looks like CC might return to the Brewers.

If this is true the Yanks are in panic mode and are prepared to offer AJ Burnett a deal worth over $100 million and Derrick Lowe a deal worth $60 million.

The Orioles traded Ramon Hernandez to the Reds for Ryan Freel and prospects. The Matt Weiters era in Baltimore is ready to begin (and he is a stud catcher)

Unless Rafeal Furcal agrees to play 2B, his market is limited

Marlins have talked about bringing Carl Pavano back to Florida.

Kerry Woods will sign a 2 year deal with the Indians

Back
Top Bottom