The MLB off-season thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The MLB off-season thread

Texiera offered 8 years by Angels. If Dye is traded the White Sox are rumored to have the inside track on Abreu. Cameron for Melky Cabrera is speculated. Also the Yankees may trade Cano and then go after Hudson.

Why are the White Sox trying to trade Dye and then sign Abreu? thats not a very good swap....

Why are the White Sox trying to trade Dye and then sign Abreu? thats not a very good swap....

The only thing I can think of is that he's a left-handed bat. Also Dye's a free agent after next year. It looks like Kenny Williams is trying to set the team up for 2010. As of now they're probably going to have 4 lefties in the rotation. Also unless Josh Fields and Jerry Owens showed up like they did in 2007 the White Sox will be a bad team.

Kenny Williams does seem to make some below the radar moves that turn out. Like Ramirez, Quentin, Jenks, Thornton. His big moves seem to fail miserably like Vazquez and Swisher. John Danks for Brandon McCarthy was robbery.

Yankees continue to buy every player on the market

They're just spending the money that came off the books. Different rules apply to the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Dodgers, Cubs, Angels, White Sox. Nobody would've complained if the Red Sox would've signed Teixera. While on the other hand teams that are a joke and don't invest anything into the team and expect fans to come out cry foul.

Yankees continue to buy every player on the market

...and yet they'll still be well below the 220 million they spent last year with the 80 million dollars they cut (Abreu, Giambi, Mussina, Pavano, Pettitte's cut) from their roster this season. They're probably not done just yet, though.

They're just spending the money that came off the books. Different rules apply to the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Dodgers, Cubs, Angels, White Sox. Nobody would've complained if the Red Sox would've signed Teixera. While on the other hand teams that are a joke and don't invest anything into the team and expect fans to come out cry foul.
Bronx bombshell sends loud message

Attention, Yankee Nation. Attention, America. Attention, World. Attention, Universe. Attention, Galaxies Unknown. Attention, Babe, The Iron Horse, The Mick, and all other residents of that great Yankee Retirement Home In The Sky:

These are The Steinbrenners speaking.

WE'RE BACK!

Yeah, we're back. We told you we had money and we were going to spend it. We told you we were tired of not winning. We told you we had enough of the (ugh) Red Sox and - this may have been even worse - the Devil Rays, or Sting Rays, or Ultra-Rays, or whatever they want to call themselves. Like, Tampa is a good place to live, but you wouldn't want to own a ball club there, you know what we're saying?

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/12/24/bronx_bombshell_sends_loud_message/

I don't really care. Baseball is my least favorite sport b/c of how the money flows for certain teams and others either don't seem to give a damn about money or just don't have the balls to spend any.

I'm sure the Yankees and all the other popular teams you mention earn the money they shell out just fine. It's been like this for years now and though it doesn't guarantee a championship, it doesn't really make me enjoy the game of baseball.

...and yet they'll still be well below the 220 million they spent last year with the 80 million dollars they cut (Abreu, Giambi, Mussina, Pavano, Pettitte's cut) from their roster this season. They're probably not done just yet, though.

Yeah to to their standards they aren't spending as much money as last year huh? Yeah, they gave 2 separate contracts to guys that equal 8 entire franchises entire payroll, times two.

That's just the way it is

I don't really care. Baseball is my least favorite sport b/c of how the money flows for certain teams and others either don't seem to give a damn about money or just don't have the balls to spend any.

I'm sure the Yankees and all the other popular teams you mention earn the money they shell out just fine. It's been like this for years now and though it doesn't guarantee a championship, it doesn't really make me enjoy the game of baseball.

I'm not a Yankees fan but i'd much rather have an owner who reinvests the money he makes back into the franchise. I think owners who just pocket the money and have been fielding basically triple-a teams are a joke. Baseball brings in more fans and viewers when the Yankees are good.

I think smaller market teams are turning towards signing young guys almost as soon as they arrive. Banking on them becoming superstars like the Rays did with Longoria.

I agree with DJfresh you gotta spend money to make money

Rays & A's are both pursuing guys like Giambi, Abreu, Burrell, and Garrett Anderson. Marquis possibly to the Rockies. The Giants lineup is still horrible. Though they've got an upper-echelon rotation. If he didn't have the back of an 80 year old man I think Joe Crede would be a good signing for them. I think Manny will end up with the Dodgers. If he doesn't I think the Giants just because of their rotation could be a factor.

I think the Giants' rotation is definitely solidified with the Johnson signing. They've even done a good job at rebuilding the bullpen with Howry and Affeldt.

Why they don't actively pursue a decent bat is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom