The NFL is getting ridiculous... can we boycott them??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL is getting ridiculous... can we boycott them???

texasPHINSfan

Pro Bowl
Reaction score
Just watched highlights of the St Louis game..... Torry Holt caught a touchdown pass, and did the OJ McDuffie dealie where you spin the ball on its top.... then he did a little dance and was flagged for EXCESSIVE CELEBRATION!!?????

oh geez, the damn NFL is doing everything in their power to destroy football.

Let the guys play already, i can see the rule for the 2005 season: any smiles seen in the endzone will induce a penalty. You can no longer be HAPPY for scoring a TD.

Let the guys play, let them dance, let them have gimmicks. Its all entertainment, which is all that the NFL is supposed to be! Enough of the politically incorrect B.S. It all started going downhill when they were told to stop with the "throat-slashing" gesture, b/c little kids would want to go home and slash someone's throat.... :rolleyes: yeah, right. But movies can still have that!

-another rant brought to you by tex

texasPHINSfan said:
Just watched highlights of the St Louis game..... Torry Holt caught a touchdown pass, and did the OJ McDuffie dealie where you spin the ball on its top.... then he did a little dance and was flagged for EXCESSIVE CELEBRATION!!?????

Let the guys play already, i can see the rule for the 2005 season: any smiles seen in the endzone will induce a penalty. You can no longer be HAPPY for scoring a TD.

Let the guys play, let them dance, let them have gimmicks. Its all entertainment, which is all that the NFL is supposed to be! Enough of the politically incorrect B.S. It all started going downhill when they were told to stop with the "throat-slashing" gesture, b/c little kids would want to go home and slash someone's throat.... :rolleyes: yeah, right. But movies can still have that!

I saw that.......he got flagged because he spun the ball right in the face of the defender that was down. OK call IMO.

Actually from what I remember...he was called for taunting. Holt spiked it in the defenders face after scoring the TD.

I agree man. Stop the junk like the cell phone celebrations and the Terrell Owens sharpie junk, but let these guys celebrate a little anyway !

pigskinguy said:
I saw that.......he got flagged because he spun the ball right in the face of the defender that was down. OK call IMO.
Yeah, I agree in this case. Holt knew what he was doing and he knew he was going to get flagged. He's also smart enough not to do it in the regular season.

texasPHINSfan said:

Doesn't bother me. As far as I'm concerned they should all act like Barry Sanders did when he scored a TD, act like he's been there before.

ohall said:
As far as I'm concerned they should all act like Barry Sanders did when he scored a TD, act like he's been there before.

Exactly what I was gonna say

the person that scored and one other person can celebrate in the end zone. i believ ethats what i heard..

The best was when that guy used to come to the 50 yard line and do whatever and one guy came and just leveled him. thats a way to stop that

Noodle Arm said:
Actually from what I remember...he was called for taunting. Holt spiked it in the defenders face after scoring the TD.

well i saw what happened... he didn't spike the ball... just spun it. he did this where he landed. The defender just happened to be right there.

the "taunting" call is a little ridiculous. These guys talk ridiculous amounts of smack to each other on the field - its all about the competition and sports.

Let them "duke it out" verbally....

Barry Sander's method may have been the classiest, but its not fun to watch. I watch football for entertainment, not elocution lessons! I miss the fun stuff.

texasPHINSfan said:
I watch football for entertainment, not elocution lessons! I miss the fun stuff.

LOL, isnt the entertainment the football?

texasPHINSfan said:
well i saw what happened... he didn't spike the ball... just spun it. he did this where he landed. The defender just happened to be right there.

the "taunting" call is a little ridiculous. These guys talk ridiculous amounts of smack to each other on the field - its all about the competition and sports.

Let them "duke it out" verbally....

Barry Sander's method may have been the classiest, but its not fun to watch. I watch football for entertainment, not elocution lessons! I miss the fun stuff.

If you want all the crap go watch the WWE :lol:

Pickles said:
the person that scored and one other person can celebrate in the end zone. i believ ethats what i heard..

The best was when that guy used to come to the 50 yard line and do whatever and one guy came and just leveled him. thats a way to stop that

Terrell Owens got level by Darren Woodson I believe when he tried to celebrate on the Dallas star at mid-field.

TO has been a part of so many bone head things it's just silly.

Back
Top Bottom