The NFL is getting ridiculous... can we boycott them??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL is getting ridiculous... can we boycott them???

ohall said:
Terrell Owens got level by Darren Woodson I believe when he tried to celebrate on the Dallas star at mid-field.

TO has been a part of so many bone head things it's just silly.
seeing Woodson level TO really made my week. \

BizarroAndres said:
LOL, isnt the entertainment the football?

That's what I'm saying. Maybe all that dancing after the TD is for the women out there?

BizarroAndres said:
LOL, isnt the entertainment the football?

yes, and celebrating when you score is part of the game. When soccer players score a goal, they aren't penalized when the whole team mobs itself and piles on itself! Same in hockey.

In sports where scoring is not happening every-other second (i.e. basketball), it should be ok for the celebration.

These were commonplace until the NFL started becoming "big-brother-ish" recently. I can remember back when i was a kid watching the NFL growing up, there were always endzone celebrations... now you'll be hard-pressed to find them.

Football went 80+ years with celebrations - why do we have to stop now?
that was my point.

and liquid, i love your sig as well!

BLAH.......... They should be able to do whatever they want after scoring a TD (other than hitting a player of the opposite team) They should be excited after scoring a TD, and their teammates should be excited too. I say Score a TD, Dance, Sign Autographs, Call your family and friends back home, Do karaoke with the words coming up on the jumbo tron......... Who Cares (AS LONG AS IT'S A PLAYER FROM YOUR TEAM THAT'S DOING IT....LoL)

texasPHINSfan said:
yes, and celebrating when you score is part of the game. When soccer players score a goal, they aren't penalized when the whole team mobs itself and piles on itself! Same in hockey.

In sports where scoring is not happening every-other second (i.e. basketball), it should be ok for the celebration.

These were commonplace until the NFL started becoming "big-brother-ish" recently. I can remember back when i was a kid watching the NFL growing up, there were always endzone celebrations... now you'll be hard-pressed to find them.

that was my point.

you lost me when you started talking Soccer :lol:

texasPHINSfan said:

that was my point.

Well in soccer scoring happens much less often then in football. Either way, I agree. I think celebrations are fun, and even better when they are creative. I even like taunting and spinning the ball in the face of an opponent. It just adds to the anger the players have for each other during the game. However, I also like players like Sanders that do the classy thing and act like the have been there, and will be there again.

dolphindan1970 said:
I agree man. Stop the junk like the cell phone celebrations and the Terrell Owens sharpie junk, but let these guys celebrate a little anyway !
I agree. The group thing was okay also, I though. I used to love watching Billy "white shoes" do his dance. Not to be confused with Deion's crap, and things like the fun bunch from Washington. Just to name a few.

outtawack311 said:
I think they should stop group celebrations and prop celebrations. The rest should be fine.

Totally agree. TD celebrations are great, as long as they don't over do it. The prop thing is where you really need to draw the line. But other than that, let the guys enjoy themselves, what's the big deal really? As long as they aren't taunting, or provoking the other team, I don't see the problem. It's good entertainment.

When McMike catches a TD pass I don't think any penalty is gonna stop him from enjoying it. :D

Now let's all do the McMike shuffle...

ohall said:
Doesn't bother me. As far as I'm concerned they should all act like Barry Sanders did when he scored a TD, act like he's been there before.
Boring, I can appreciate Barry Sanders doing it, But why would you pay to see a bunch of robots, It's constantly beat over our heads that this is a business so at least let us pretend these guys are enjoying it and let them entertain us for heavens sake.

BTW, that Dallas game was classic, Owens did his little dance right on the Dallas star which was really stomping on the pride of the down & out cowboys, Then Emmitt Smith scored a TD and Stood over the star proudly as the fans roared their approval, It was T.O.'s next TD where he attempted to run back to the star where Woodson leveled him, Great stuff and awesome entertainment. I Agree that football is the main entertainment but Football PLAYERS are the reason we are there.

texasPHINSfan said:
Just watched highlights of the St Louis game..... Torry Holt caught a touchdown pass, and did the OJ McDuffie dealie where you spin the ball on its top.... then he did a little dance and was flagged for EXCESSIVE CELEBRATION!!?????

oh geez, the damn NFL is doing everything in their power to destroy football.

Let the guys play already, i can see the rule for the 2005 season: any smiles seen in the endzone will induce a penalty. You can no longer be HAPPY for scoring a TD.

Let the guys play, let them dance, let them have gimmicks. Its all entertainment, which is all that the NFL is supposed to be! Enough of the politically incorrect B.S. It all started going downhill when they were told to stop with the "throat-slashing" gesture, b/c little kids would want to go home and slash someone's throat.... :rolleyes: yeah, right. But movies can still have that!

-another rant brought to you by tex

he put the ball down in the opponents face as the opponent kneeled on the ground. He then preceded to spin it while looking down upon the man kneeling.

If there is a clearer example of unsportsmanlike conduct I'd like to know what it is.

What does Holt have to do in your eyes to draw the flag? Whip the thing out and urinate on the opponent in the endzone. Would that do it for ya?

Terrell Owens got level by Darren Woodson I believe when he tried to celebrate on the Dallas star at mid-field.
I think it was George Teague.

ZOD said:
What does Holt have to do in your eyes to draw the flag? Whip the thing out and urinate on the opponent in the endzone. Would that do it for ya?
I'd give him points for creativity. :D

ohall said:

As much as I despise the Cowboys and the majority of their arrogant bandwagoneers.......I enjoyed that one.

Hey, TO just wanted God to look down upon him too through the open roof. He was letting God have a better angle.

Back
Top Bottom