The NFL is getting ridiculous... can we boycott them??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL is getting ridiculous... can we boycott them???

I think crap like Sharpies and cellphones are overboard and should be called/result in fines. However a little celebration never hurt anyone. Except TO on that Dallas star.

how much celebration is OK? I guess it depends on who you ask. For me, anything planned or choreographed is more of an attempt to draw attention to the player instead of a celebration for the team. Kinda makes the player look like a selfish punk in my eyes (NOBODY scores in the NFL without at least some help from his teammates) I think spiking or spinning the ball, or a Lambeau leap, or a celebration in the endzone where the entire team is jumping all over each other or pretty much anything spontaneous are OK....but thats just my opinion.

To me, the key is sportsmanlike conduct. It's sportsmanlike to celebrate a triumph (such as a TD), but no so if you're doing it with premeditation. It's also unsporstmanlike to mock an opponent. Which is why is hard to penalize such things - it's very subjective to the referee's criteria, and if you're a bitter old man who hates any kind of celebration, you can make a case of flagging any little outburst of joy.

Alas, we can't have everything, so I'll pay the price of a few screams at the TV when the Phins get flagged in order to reduce excesive/pre-planned celebrations. I just hope it doesn't kill the spirit, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom