The NHL Trade Deadline Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NHL Trade Deadline Thread

I'm almost certain it was Ryan Smyth who got hit in the mouth with a puck last year in the playoffs and spit his teeth out on the ice and returned for the Oilers to win the game in OT. Maybe the deal was made if they though they could re-sign him in the offseason. I think sometimes teams get too attached to players and it hurts them in becoming better but I don't get why they didn't re-sign Smyth. It's a nice move for the Islanders but really what are they going for? Losing maybe in 5 games if they make the playoffs instead of 4?

I'm almost certain it was Ryan Smyth who got hit in the mouth with a puck last year in the playoffs and spit his teeth out on the ice and returned for the Oilers to win the game in OT. Maybe the deal was made if they though they could re-sign him in the offseason. I think sometimes teams get too attached to players and it hurts them in becoming better but I don't get why they didn't re-sign Smyth. It's a nice move for the Islanders but really what are they going for? Losing maybe in 5 games if they make the playoffs instead of 4?
12-2-4 since the AS break and the 2nd most points in the entire league in that span. And thats with Yashin, Martinek, and Gervais all out. Thats 1/3 of their regular D and their most gifted offensive player. Theyre a good deep team that really pressures the puck....

For a team thats 2nd to last in goal scoring in the east among contending playoff teams and among the leaders in goals allowed among playoff teams a gritty goal scorer like smyth can possibly put them in the 6th seed (or higher)since theyre only a few points back and they have games in hand on the team in front of them. Theyre like 4 out of the 4 slot so even getting home ice for a round isnt out of the question.

Its Reported that Smyth will be an Oiler in the off season According to mckenzie
I heard that as well but you know what? If he loves Edmonton so much why wouldnt he give them a hometown discount? The Oilers will suddenly step up their offer from the reported 5/22.5m to something more substantial? I mean theyre a small market team and during FA they will be competing with many other teams for Smyth's services so theres only so high they can go...

And thats considering that SMyth even makes it to FA when the Isles will likely have in the neighborhood of 10-13m depending on which of their low tier fa's they coose to sign....and that should be enough to sign smyth, poti, and maybe blake.

12-2-4 since the AS break and the 2nd most points in the entire league in that span. And thats with Yashin, Martinek, and Gervais all out. Thats 1/3 of their regular D and their most gifted offensive player. Theyre a good deep team that really pressures the puck....

For a team thats 2nd to last in goal scoring in the east among contending playoff teams and among the leaders in goals allowed among playoff teams a gritty goal scorer like smyth can possibly put them in the 6th seed (or higher)since theyre only a few points back and they have games in hand on the team in front of them. Theyre like 4 out of the 4 slot so even getting home ice for a round isnt out of the question.

That's one way to look at it. Or they're what one point ahead of Carolina to be in the playoffs is another way. In the East the 6th seed is gold because I think New Jersey and Buffalo are far and away better than any other team in the East. Only one GM is going to look smart after the trade deadline.

That's one way to look at it. Or they're what one point ahead of Carolina to be in the playoffs is another way. In the East the 6th seed is gold because I think New Jersey and Buffalo are far and away better than any other team in the East. Only one GM is going to look smart after the trade deadline.
Yeah but remember, they were how many points back at the break? Like 8 or 9? So they made up 10 points and are playing as well as anyone not named TB (17 of 23 games are wins)...

The 4 lines we roll out now can match the skill of other teams when Smyth arrives and Yashin gets back and thats where we were lacking. Im eeked for the stretch run :dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom