The numbers do not add up for Mike White to come back for 2024 season | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The numbers do not add up for Mike White to come back for 2024 season

San Francisco doesn't see things that way. Neither should we.
As I stated, I trust McDaniel to make decisions regarding the players on the roster. If he thinks they need an upgrade over White, I’m sure he will talk to Grier and they will sign or draft a QB to replace White.

I really don’t care what the 49ers or any other team does.

As I stated, I trust McDaniel to make decisions regarding the players on the roster. If he thinks they need an upgrade over White, I’m sure he will talk to Grier and they will sign or draft a QB to replace White.

I really don’t care what the 49ers or any other team does.
Considering McDaniel isn't coming off back to back Super Bowls, or one Super Bowl, or a Super Bowl appearance. or conference finals, or a playoff win. I'd say just because McDaniel doesn't improve the postion from Mike White doesn't mean they shouldn't.

Don’t care. It’s still a cap hit too high for THIS upcoming season. That’s money that could go to OBJ and another vet guard option. And he’s not appreciably better than Skylar Thompson, if at all.

I’m cutting him and saving that 3.5 million with no qualms.
LOL....

Well... the replacement player would cost 1m, so you'd only save 2.5m.

Then you'd have Thompson and a rookie.

WRONG, cutting him costs you $1.71 million against the cap so make sure you are adding that to whoever you are signing to replace him. Now who is your backup? And don't say Skylar because he ain't it, if he was the guys who get paid to run the team and see him day to day would've never paid White what they did. Just stop it with this nonsense, White isn't going anywhere.
Brother a simple incorrect would have worked. Just saying.

I'm not worried about who the backup QB is....if Tua has to miss several games then our season is done anyway

You're in my head. I was reading this threading thinking if Im worried about my #2 QB, it's going to be a long season.

Grier is going to earn his paycheck in this draft, God willing.

Considering McDaniel isn't coming off back to back Super Bowls, or one Super Bowl, or a Super Bowl appearance. or conference finals, or a playoff win. I'd say just because McDaniel doesn't improve the postion from Mike White doesn't mean they shouldn't.
Again, I stated I would leave it up to McDaniel to decide what to do as far as the backup QB is concerned.

The 49ers are merely one of 31 losers in the NFL. The only team that were a winner are the Chiefs because they have won the SB two years in a row. The Chiefs had Blaine Gabbert as their backup last year and if Mahomes had been injured and out for the season, Gabbert wasn’t going to lead the Chiefs to the SB.

What quarterbacks are left in free agency?

Best Remaining Quarterback Free Agents, 2024:
  • Ryan Tannehill.
  • Carson Wentz.
  • Trevor Siemian.
  • P.J. Walker.
  • Blaine Gabbert.
  • Jeff Driskel.
  • A.J. McCarron.
  • Brian Hoyer.

That bed will be more full of **** than Johnny Depp's with this cast of has-beens and never-were's, and remember to add $1.71 million against the cap to whatever you are paying one of them as that is White's dead cap hit
Bring Tannehill home on a Dollar Store contract

White's cap number of $5.2 million is simply too high for an unproven backup that will never start in Miami. He threw six passes in mop up duty last season and his sole incompletion was a pick six.

Didn't like the signing. Maybe because he was a jet but yea he needs to go. If Tua goes down season over anyway

If Tua is doing well and remains without injury then a back up becomes a inanimate object other than mopping up.

Here are 2024 QB salaries via Over The Cap:

:ffic:
So basically his dead money is $1.7mil. Which means we would need a replacement making less that 3.5 million to see any kind of savings at all. It doesn’t seem like a logical move. I’m convinced Tua is past the concussion scare. His odds go way down every day he avoids a major brain injury.

Again, I stated I would leave it up to McDaniel to decide what to do as far as the backup QB is concerned.

The 49ers are merely one of 31 losers in the NFL. The only team that were a winner are the Chiefs because they have won the SB two years in a row. The Chiefs had Blaine Gabbert as their backup last year and if Mahomes had been injured and out for the season, Gabbert wasn’t going to lead the Chiefs to the SB.
Not all losers are created equal.

Back
Top Bottom