The numbers do not add up for Mike White to come back for 2024 season | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The numbers do not add up for Mike White to come back for 2024 season

Good points. But who’s available that we trust to come off of the bench and not **** the bed?
What quarterbacks are left in free agency?

Best Remaining Quarterback Free Agents, 2024:
  • Ryan Tannehill.
  • Carson Wentz.
  • Trevor Siemian.
  • P.J. Walker.
  • Blaine Gabbert.
  • Jeff Driskel.
  • A.J. McCarron.
  • Brian Hoyer.

That bed will be more full of **** than Johnny Depp's with this cast of has-beens and never-were's, and remember to add $1.71 million against the cap to whatever you are paying one of them as that is White's dead cap hit

White's cap number of $5.2 million is simply too high for an unproven backup that will never start in Miami. He threw six passes in mop up duty last season and his sole incompletion was a pick six.

I agree. The money is way too much for someone who sucks. They should get rid of him and Thompson. Neither are any good, money aside.

Jimmy G just signed for $3.1m.
You can go ahead and prorate that $3.1 , factoring in the 2 games he's suspended and the inevitable season ending injury at some point. Nice winning percentage, looks oh-so-handsome on a football card, he's just never gonna be the answer. You don't magically get more durable as you age, I don't think it's a coincidence he's been caught taking illegal substances as he's nearly 10 years into what has been an injury riddled career.

Again... his salary this year is only 3.5m.

The only way to go cheaper is with a rookie.
And can you imagine what a rookie would most likely do in this offense @Feverdream ? I shudder to think.... Sure, get one in here this year, train him up, let the White deal run it's course and the new guy backs up Tua next year. I just don't get this mentality of "change for the sake of change" to save a couple bucks. Just doesn't compute

And can you imagine what a rookie would most likely do in this offense @Feverdream ? I shudder to think.... Sure, get one in here this year, train him up, let the White deal run it's course and the new guy backs up Tua next year. I just don't get this mentality of "change for the sake of change" to save a couple bucks. Just doesn't compute
Heh! Some people just look for things to complain about.
Back up QB tiers have several settings. A) Bridge QB B) Vet backup C) Rookie contract.

White is a B. He's been around long enough to competantly run the offense in practice and be a second set of eyes on game day. He could even beat a bad team most of the time.

If you want better than that... count on spending 8-10m for a bridge QB.

That's the market. The 3.5 we are giving White this year? Laughable.

Yea a 5 million dollar cap hit for Mike White is insane. That needs to drop to 2.
YARN | But that's simply not possible. | American Psycho ...

Are you deliberately missing the point?

His salary is 3.5m this year.

The rest of that; he got that LAST year.
Don’t care. It’s still a cap hit too high for THIS upcoming season. That’s money that could go to OBJ and another vet guard option. And he’s not appreciably better than Skylar Thompson, if at all.

I’m cutting him and saving that 3.5 million with no qualms.

Don’t care. It’s still a cap hit too high for THIS upcoming season. That’s money that could go to OBJ and another vet guard option. And he’s not appreciably better than Skylar Thompson, if at all.

I’m cutting him and saving that 3.5 million with no qualms.
WRONG, cutting him costs you $1.71 million against the cap so make sure you are adding that to whoever you are signing to replace him. Now who is your backup? And don't say Skylar because he ain't it, if he was the guys who get paid to run the team and see him day to day would've never paid White what they did. Just stop it with this nonsense, White isn't going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom