The Official 2006 MLB All Star Game Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 MLB All Star Game Thread

Bud show some balls and retire Roberto's number everywhere like you did Jackie Robonson's. Roberto was a better player and a greater humanitarian than Jackie.

Roman529 said:
Bud show some balls and retire Roberto's number everywhere like you did Jackie Robonson's. Roberto was a better player and a greater humanitarian than Jackie.

NO! Once you start doing that then its a slippery slope for everyone to start wanting their number retired league wide.

And what Jackie did was greater than what Roberto did. Both were great, but what Jackie did was groundbreaking on so many levels for this country

Roman529 said:

I agree, I'm very proud of Roberto Clemente, he's a big icon here in Puerto Rico, thanks to the MLB, it's was a very nice moment.

Tim McCarver was talking about how Mauer would have a hard time leading the league in hitting as a catcher because of the "pounding your left hand takes."

Yeah ok Tim, we know what you do with your left hand. :lol:

How is the AL losing this game? In all seriousness, the NL pitchers have done a great job holding down this AL lineup.

My prediciton was WAY off. Hopefully the AL can still pull this thing out in the 9th, but the offense hasn't shown any life at all tonight.

I know I praise him a lot, but I wish more players were like David Wright. Good respectful kid, constantly smiling from ear to ear and just loves the game of baseball.

FaninPatsyLand said:
How is the AL losing this game? In all seriousness, the NL pitchers have done a great job holding down this AL lineup.

My prediciton was WAY off. Hopefully the AL can still pull this thing out in the 9th, but the offense hasn't shown any life at all tonight.
NL isn't as bad as everyone makes them out to be :wink:

FaninPatsyLand said:

We should have kept Ortiz on the bench till the 9th! He is more valuable then

Back
Top Bottom