The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 129 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

1 more thing about our offseason: $78.25M For 10 Years

Thats what Omar locked up Reyes and Wright for

Utley got 7 years, 85 million

This is why the man is one of the best in the game. He got Reyes and Wright signed before the market exploded. And to be honest with you it now looks like we will have a great shot at having both these kids here their entire careers which is nice since Tom Seaver needs some company in the HOF. It'll be nice when/if we can send 2 homegrown kids in there together one day and if they stay healthy and they continue with years like last year, we will be doing that one day :)

I dont think Wright will be a HOF caliber player (though he is great I dont know if he will be that great)

Reyes though....man I dont look forward to playing him for many many years.....

Good read, and I hear the world abot Carlos Gomez also.
Gomez has a decent ceiling but on every level hes taken time to develop and has always needed a push. If we have the opportunity to get a pitcher i would feel ok giving him up but not martinez or milledge. I question whether Gomez is motivated to be great. He will be serviceable even if hes not motivated, if he is motivated he could be a poor mans beltran.

I dont think Wright will be a HOF caliber player (though he is great I dont know if he will be that great)

Reyes though....man I dont look forward to playing him for many many years.....
Hes 24, averages a bit over 2/3rds of an rbi per game and in 2 full seasons hes averaged 26.5 hrs, 109 rbi, 308, 97 runs scored and 18 steals. If he does that for the next 12 seasons that would give him well over 1500rbi, close to 450 hrs, over 1300 runs scored, and over 240 steals for a 14.5 years career. On any level those numbers would rival Schmidt or robinson across the board, though slightly worse power stats. And that doesnt even account for any spikes in power stats he will likely have due to the fact hes still not fully developed. IF he stays healthy, and IF he keeps playing like hes been playing, there wont be a doubt about if he gets to cooperstown.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/w/wrighda03.shtml - scroll to the bottom. 4 of the players hes compared to are or will be HOFERS (rolen being the 1 i think maybe, sizemore who knows).

The Mets need more depth in their system. It seems like they have three top 50 prospects (Fernandez, Humber, Pelfrey), and then a big gap. A lot of times, it's those B to B+ prospects that round out a system and give you trade flexibility, something that a big market team like the Mets perennially wants from their system.

Minaya, however, seems to have hit on his drafts pretty well, so with 5 picks in the top 100, that should help a lot.

As for Wright, his early projections are definitely HOF worthy, but I'm worried about his performance in the playoffs. Hopefully it didn't injure his confidence.

It's a little early to be discussing Wright's hall of fame resume!

It's a little early to be discussing Wright's hall of fame resume!

:yeahthat: My Phillies will be happy to take Wright off your hands though,,,,we need a 3B, and a Catcher. :rolleyes:

Well, Zambrano signed with the Jays. Now watch him win 20 games!:lol:
well since its a minor league deal im assuming the minors is where he could win 20...combined, over the next 2 years. Low A ball sounds about right :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom