The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

Like I said I am not making this a Soccer vs Baseball thread

You dont want to do that, let's start w/ a fair fight- soccer vs. the WNBA.

Nonsense? You guys have the highest payroll in Baseball and haven't won a WS in 5, 6 years...

A high payroll gives a tam an advantage but doesn't gurantee anything. If i did then the yanks would not have gone 18 years from '78-'96 w/o a title, the Mets wouldn't be working on 20 years, the Sox wouldn't have gone 86 years, the O's would have a title more recent than '83 and the Dodgers wouldn't be working on 18 years w/o a title.

Prime Time said:
And how many have a higher payroll? You should have the best record in Baseball.

What does payroll have to do with anything? So every NFL team that maxes out the cap should have the best record in the league????

It's an insane stance to take. The Yanks spend alot and they are one of hte best teams in the league. To just rank teams based on how much they spend.

It's like saying the Red Sox spend the 2nd most money, and since htey aren't the 2nd best team in the league they are struggling. It's idioitic if someone believes that line of thinking.

MikeO said:
What does payroll have to do with anything? So every NFL team that maxes out the cap should have the best record in the league????

It's an insane stance to take. The Yanks spend alot and they are one of hte best teams in the league. To just rank teams based on how much they spend.

It's like saying the Red Sox spend the 2nd most money, and since htey aren't the 2nd best team in the league they are struggling. It's idioitic if someone believes that line of thinking.

If you have the MOST amount of money and buy almost ALL the best players, shouldn't you have the best record??? Of course. I am not saying the Yankees are a bad team, but they aren't winning the WS this year...

Prime Time said:
Nonsense? You guys have the highest payroll in Baseball and haven't won a WS in 5, 6 years...

Not winning a world series in 5 or 6 years is struggling?? :sidelol: :sidelol:

Some franchises can't even GET to the world series let alone win one. The Yanks don't win one for a couple years and they are struggling. :sidelol:

Your not a bandwagon fan, a "team" doesn't win for a few years and you say they are struggling and ready to jump ship!

MikeO said:
Not winning a world series in 5 or 6 years is struggling?? :sidelol: :sidelol:

Some franchises can't even GET to the world series let alone win one. The Yanks don't win one for a couple years and they are struggling. :sidelol:

Your not a bandwagon fan, a "team" doesn't win for a few years and you say they are struggling and ready to jump ship!

You're the Yankees...

Prime Time said:
If you have the MOST amount of money and buy almost ALL the best players, shouldn't you have the best record??? Of course. I am not saying the Yankees are a bad team, but they aren't winning the WS this year...

They might not win the world series this year. So what???????? That doesn't mean they are struggling.

They have the most money. Yeah, and????????? Your point. They spend a lot of money to put a high quality team on the field. Whether they win every game or the world series has nothing to do with anything.

You have no point here at all. Probably taken one too many soccer balls to the head or something.

Prime Time said:
You're the Yankees...

And?????????????? In the 1980's the Yanks spent the most money and they didn't win diddly??

You can tell you are a young kid with no sense of the history of the sport. Your "history" goes back to 1995! :lol:

MikeO said:
And?????????????? In the 1980's the Yanks spent the most money and they didn't win diddly??

You can tell you are a young kid with no sense of the history of the sport. Your "history" goes back to 1995! :lol:

You guys are expected to win every year. You act like you don't know this. You are the Yankees. You know every year that you don't win a WS is a failed season. Stop pretending like this is new news to you.

MikeO said:
You have no point here at all. Probably taken one too many soccer balls to the head or something.

Or seen one to many Yankee Choke Jobs :lol:

Prime Time said:
You guys are expected to win every year. You act like you don't know this. You are the Yankees. You know every year that you don't win a WS is a failed season. Stop pretending like this is new news to you.

NO, we are expected to "compete" every year. The ultimate goal is to win the world series yes, of course. But if they lose in the ALCS or lose in the ALDS, it's hardly "STRUGGLING" as you say.

And if we go 5 or 6 years without a world series, yet still make the playoffs.......it isn't a "sky is falling' situation.

Prime Time said:
Or seen one to many Yankee Choke Jobs :lol:

26 world titles, yeah a lot of choking going on.

Learn about the history of the sport before you spew nonsense.

Side note question: Who's mug shot photo is in your AVATAR?????

MikeO said:
26 world titles, yeah a lot of choking going on.

Learn about the history of the sport before you spew nonsense.

Side note question: Who's mug shot photo is in your AVATAR?????

I think its Giambi's....after the FBI caught him for use of steroids :roflmao:

MikeO said:
NO, we are expected to "compete" every year. The ultimate goal is to win the world series yes, of course. But if they lose in the ALCS or lose in the ALDS, it's hardly "STRUGGLING" as you say.

And if we go 5 or 6 years without a world series, yet still make the playoffs.......it isn't a "sky is falling' situation.

Really..I think the Yankees owner Steinbrenner would disagree with you.

Prime Time said:
I think its Giambi's....after the FBI caught him for use of steroids :roflmao:

No wonder your knowledge of sports is limited. The guy in your picture is black. Might want to get those eyes checked. :lol: :lol:

MikeO said:
No wonder your knowledge of sports is limited. The guy in your picture is black. Might want to get those eyes checked. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, maybe I'll go to the Doctor the Yanks have since they HAVE to have so much experience, especially after this season :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom