***The Official 2007-2008 NHL Thread*** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official 2007-2008 NHL Thread***

Go Stars!!!

It's amazing that we have one bad week in a half, and we're in peril of being out of the playoff point count; then, we beat a couple of our division rivals (Sharks and Ducks) and win against the CBJs, and we're back in first by points (behind in winning pct to the Sharks who have a few games in hand). That seems to be the whole NHL now except for the Red Wings and maybe the Sens - one bad streak can be very dangerous or one good streak can put you right in the thick of things.

Seems a lot of Stars fans have been calling for Jackson/Hull to pull off a deal for a scoring winger to go with Modano. I'm hoping the returns of Lehtinen (right after the ASB) and Jokinen (maybe Thursday) will be enough. The Stars don't need to go dealing off their youth for a quick fix or rent-a-player, imo. We'll see, though.

The season's a roller coaster. Went and blew a 2-0 lead last night to the Blue Jackets, so there's two needed points that slipped through our fingers. Overall and on the whole, though, I think the Stars have overachieved this year. Still, we're more than capable of either winning the Pacific or finding ourselves out of the playoffs in the end. Hopefully, the former. If we do make it, it'd be nice to get through Round One of the playoffs, too.

clear.gif

I hate the all-star game. The NHL had a golden opportunity to showcase the league this weekend and "real hockey." He's hurt but hypothetically a Crosby vs Ovechkin match-up would gain more hype this weekend. Even put together sort of a "rivalry-weekend." I'm not positive on the numbers but last year the all-star game got beat by re-runs of Leave it to Beaver, I think.

Ovechkin makes some dirty plays. Though everytime I watch him I like the "edge," he plays with a little more. I think guys like Briere and Derek Roy playing the game on their face is far more offensive.

I hate the all-star game. The NHL had a golden opportunity to showcase the league this weekend and "real hockey." He's hurt but hypothetically a Crosby vs Ovechkin match-up would gain more hype this weekend. Even put together sort of a "rivalry-weekend." I'm not positive on the numbers but last year the all-star game got beat by re-runs of Leave it to Beaver, I think.

Ovechkin makes some dirty plays. Though everytime I watch him I like the "edge," he plays with a little more. I think guys like Briere and Derek Roy playing the game on their face is far more offensive.

The All Star game is a massive waste of time IMO. Half the guys aren't going anyway. "It's for the fans"....bull****. It's for the NHL to shmooze the corporate community. It has nothing to do with hockey.

You are right though, it's one of the deadest weekends in sports, the perfect time to have REAL games one. I said when they announced that outdoor game that they should have held it on THIS weekend.

IMO, they should have the All Star game at the start of the season. Kick off the year with the All Star weekend. That way the players are fresh and want to get going. You'd have the real All Stars there as well, the guys who were the best from the previous season, not just the first half of the year. Have the best players, regardless of teams. Having every team represented is garbage, it stinks of "fair play". If your team doesn't have any All Stars, tough ****, draft better and you'll get some.

I'd also throw a million dollars on the table, winner takes all, you might see a hockey game break out at some point with cash on the line instead of the "no hitter" we usually see.

I don't know Uni ... I wouldn't exactly call it a massive waste of time. I enjoy watching the all-star game every year. It's an exciting game (scoring wise)

Now, would I like to see that brand of hockey all the time? Hell NO. But for an all-star game (that counts for exactly zilch) IMO it's fun to watch the skill players doing what they do best. It's not an accurate representation of what occurs in the NHL, but it's fun to watch.

However, I would like for the league to get it the hell off of VS. - there has got to be a way to get it on network TV. Many people (myself included) do not get VS. and it can be a real pain in the arse to have to find someplace to get my hockey fix.

I heard rumours Jeff Carter and Dennis Topelko and Antero Nittymaki for marty Turco

I like that deal for the Stars to be honest. They get a good young forward and a functional back up goaltender for a guy who is making a lot of money and has never won anything in the playoffs despite playing on a good team.

I don't know Uni ... I wouldn't exactly call it a massive waste of time. I enjoy watching the all-star game every year. It's an exciting game (scoring wise)

Now, would I like to see that brand of hockey all the time? Hell NO. But for an all-star game (that counts for exactly zilch) IMO it's fun to watch the skill players doing what they do best. It's not an accurate representation of what occurs in the NHL, but it's fun to watch.

However, I would like for the league to get it the hell off of VS. - there has got to be a way to get it on network TV. Many people (myself included) do not get VS. and it can be a real pain in the arse to have to find someplace to get my hockey fix.

I think you're going to get your wish. I expect the NHL to be back on ESPN next year.

I like that deal for the Stars to be honest. They get a good young forward and a functional back up goaltender for a guy who is making a lot of money and has never won anything in the playoffs despite playing on a good team.

Im Sure Turco would do good In Phillly for 5 years!! We can prob win 2-3 Cups

I like hockey, and get VS, and my team is on right now:

The Buffalo Sabres, as usual a good team that is obscure and loses players constantly.

Right now we are shutting out the Lightening.

Great win against the Devils last night.

BEWARE THE PENGUINS!!!

...but, hurry back Sid.

Back
Top Bottom