The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Papelbon vs. Vlad tonight was a classic at bat. I hate how Francona keeps bringing him in in the 8th but I guess when he only has to throw 6 pitches, I can live with it.

Wakefield pitched good again tonight. A 4th starter going 7 innings and gives up less than 3 runs, I'll take that every single time. The Sox starters look good early this season so far.

EDIT: Nice to see the bats come alive and congrats to Timlin who pitched a 1-2-3 inning for the first time in what seems like 3 years.

Papelbon vs. Vlad tonight was a classic at bat. I hate how Francona keeps bringing him in in the 8th but I guess when he only has to throw 6 pitches, I can live with it.

Wakefield pitched good again tonight. A 4th starter going 7 innings and gives up less than 3 runs, I'll take that every single time. The Sox starters look good early this season so far.

EDIT: Nice to see the bats come alive and congrats to Timlin who pitched a 1-2-3 inning for the first time in what seems like 3 years.

Bringing in Papelbon last night in the 1st game of a 4 gamer with an early game Mon, was dumb with a 4-1 lead. If the game was 2-1 sure, but we have to trust these guys at some point, why not last night.

Wakefield has been great this year, hopefully he can continue this for a while.

Don't know if anyone has seen but Davern Hansack has been tearing it up in triple-A. John Lester had another good start the other day also.

To Finkle and Monster:

When you have a weapon for a closer like that, you shouldn't let him watch the game get out of control in the 8th inning. I totally agree with Francona letting Paps come in with 1 out in the eighth when the game is on the line. That's what he's there for, to SAVE the game. I am ALL for trusting the other guys IF they can keep themselves out of jams late in close games! :2c:

To Finkle and Monster:

When you have a weapon for a closer like that, you shouldn't let him watch the game get out of control in the 8th inning. I totally agree with Francona letting Paps come in with 1 out in the eighth when the game is on the line. That's what he's there for, to SAVE the game. I am ALL for trusting the other guys IF they can keep themselves out of jams late in close games! :2c:

I understand and agree with you however Francona burned Papelbon out last year by him doing this and when they moved Papelbon back into the closer's role they said they wouldn't be doing this crap to him. But hey maybe they know more about Papelbon then we do. Maybe he really did strengthen that shoulder a lot and can handle it. Maybe, but I'd rather watch Papelbon pitch in September and hopefully October. Monster is right, Francona needs to start trusting our other pitchers more. But the other pitchers need to step it up too.

I understand and agree with you however Francona burned Papelbon out last year by him doing this and when they moved Papelbon back into the closer's role they said they wouldn't be doing this crap to him. But hey maybe they know more about Papelbon then we do. Maybe he really did strengthen that shoulder a lot and can handle it. Maybe, but I'd rather watch Papelbon pitch in September and hopefully October. Monster is right, Francona needs to start trusting our other pitchers more. But the other pitchers need to step it up too.

59 games and 68 innings pitched does not equate to overworking a closer. Don't forget that he was a rookie last season, a rookie closer at that.

What is the chance I am gonna get to watch this game in the morning. They said the marathon is going on rain or shine.

What is the chance I am gonna get to watch this game in the morning. They said the marathon is going on rain or shine.

Not very good..

It's still pouring here and according to weather reports, isn't supposed to let up anytime soon. I guess the rain won't be as heavy tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure it's going to let up enough to get this game in..

Not very good..

It's still pouring here and according to weather reports, isn't supposed to let up anytime soon. I guess the rain won't be as heavy tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure it's going to let up enough to get this game in..

For the Angels I'm thinking that's a good thing right now

Sox game got pushed back because of the rain. And who knows if it will even stop.

Either way, that's not going to be good for business.

MLB has to do something about these umps trying to take the game into their own hands with their ego/power trips. Beckett hits Vlad on a 0-2 pitch and both benches get warned? Stupid, it's not like he was trying to hit the guy, especially on an 0-2 pitch.

It takes the inside half away from both pitchers.

Back
Top Bottom