The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

How sweep it is?

Baseball is funny, Daisuke pitched well the past 2 games and lost and didn't pitch nearly as well and got the win and run support. Good series for the Sox. Bats came alive, so good defense. The Sox bullpen was very very good. And Papelbon is continuing his domination.

I'll admit though the Yankee bats scare me. They have a lot of pop and will be there at the end, they'll carry their poor pitching.

How sweep it is?

Baseball is funny, Daisuke pitched well the past 2 games and lost and didn't pitch nearly as well and got the win and run support. Good series for the Sox. Bats came alive, so good defense. The Sox bullpen was very very good. And Papelbon is continuing his domination.

I'll admit though the Yankee bats scare me. They have a lot of pop and will be there at the end, they'll carry their poor pitching.

Great sweep.

I too will admit the Yankees lineup is scary but I like our chances against the Yankee pen. The much vaunted Yankee pen hasn't looked good, and we seem to have Mariano's #. Not sure if he has lost hit yet, but his velocity isn't there yet, maybe it will come back with the warm weather.

my wife asked me earlier why the Sox wore the green Uni's the other night... and i had no idea since i am a Braves fan. little help please?

BDD_broom_nyy_42307-1.jpg

But it doesn't matter, cause it's only April.

It was a tribute to the recent Red Auerbach passing.. Celtics green.

that should've occurred to me. thanks. i like those Uni's by the way. i know alot of teams break out the green for St Patrick's Day during spring training, but those look sweet.

great job dismantling the Yankees this weekend by the way!

I'm not a huge baseball fan..but i like bosox and whoever plyas yankese..)) Great job sweeping them.

The way this team is playing on the road and with NY getting a little bit healthier and possibly a bit more rested, we could be in for a long series in NY.. All I know is we need to handle Toronto with solid starting pitching so the BP gets it's rest for a grueling weekend series.

The way this team is playing on the road and with NY getting a little bit healthier and possibly a bit more rested, we could be in for a long series in NY.. All I know is we need to handle Toronto with solid starting pitching so the BP gets it's rest for a grueling weekend series.

Oh I agree with that. I don't think the next 16 games vs. NY are going to be easy. And like I said the hitting on NY does scare me. Their pitching however, even when all healthy, doesn't except for Pettite. It's going to be a dog fight each and every game we play against them.

Oh I agree with that. I don't think the next 16 games vs. NY are going to be easy. And like I said the hitting on NY does scare me. Their pitching however, even when all healthy, doesn't except for Pettite. It's going to be a dog fight each and every game we play against them.

Same here.. Have you realized that Daisuke's next start is on Friday?

Should be interesting to see how he and the opposing hitters react on Friday.

Same here.. Have you realized that Daisuke's next start is on Friday?

Should be interesting to see how he and the opposing hitters react on Friday.

I think Daisuke needs to use his fastball more. Morgan made an excellent point about how he'd throw one fastball and the next pitch was always an off speed pitch and the Yankee hitters were sitting back on it and waiting for it. Everyone was saying that hitters need to adjust to Matsuzaka and see him and learn how to hit him but Matsuzaka also needs to see these hitters, learn their weaknesses and learn how to pitch to them.

It should be interesting to see him pitch against them again and also to Matsui this time. It will also be interesting to see if he lets the crowd bother him because you know they'll be loud.

Back
Top Bottom