The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Top of the lineup let us down today.. 1 hit from our 1-4 guys, which just isn't going to win this team games. The guys who we expect production from just didn't deliver tonight.

It's pretty frustrating because you gotta beat up on sub-par pitching like Tomo Ohka.

:lol: Saw this ESPN Sportscenter commercial today and it cracked me up, thought I'd share for those who haven't seen it...

[youtube]bUwJAkVbAHA[/youtube]

John Lester can't be ready soon enough. I think Tavarez gets 1 more start then Lester will be ready to go after a start or 2 with the PawSox..

Tavarez is terrible..

He was glad to help the Blue Jays break out of their mini skid.. no problem.

2 starts for Lester then Tavarez is back to the bullpen.. I like him there..

Lester's stats in 3 starts: 13.0 inn, 3 ER, 2 BB, 15 K's

Tavarez is terrible..

He was glad to help the Blue Jays break out of their mini skid.. no problem.

also, can i please be the first to point out how Tavarez' dugout man love for Matsuzaka is beyond annoying? ... he's in his ear seemingly everytime they cut to Daisuke on the steps... the language barrier alone is awkward to watch.....

you almost get the feeling Matsuzaka is saying to himself, "please, i know i'm new here, but could someone get this crazy spanish guy AWAY from me!!"....

someone in the organization needs to rescue our prize free agent... if there's one guy i DON'T want teaching Matsuzaka the intricacies of pitching in the US, it's Julian Tavarez...

also, can i please be the first to point out how Tavarez' dugout man love for Matsuzaka is beyond annoying? ... he's in his ear seemingly everytime they cut to Daisuke on the steps... the language barrier alone is awkward to watch.....

you almost get the feeling Matsuzaka is saying to himself, "please, i know i'm new here, but could someone get this crazy spanish guy AWAY from me!!"....

someone in the organization needs to rescue our prize free agent... if there's one guy i DON'T want teaching Matsuzaka the intricacies of pitching in the US, it's Julian Tavarez...

Oh I think it's funny watching him talk Daisuke's ear off. I laugh everytime I see it.

2 starts for Lester then Tavarez is back to the bullpen.. I like him there..

You do?

If it wasn't for his move to the rotation in September out of necessity and him pitching pretty well during that garbage time, last season would have been classified as an utter disaster for Tavarez.

He was having big time issues coming out of the pen, to the point where Tito had lost complete faith in him. He wasn't even a setup guy, he was a mop up guy.. playing the role that was left vacant earlier in the season when the team cut Rudy Seanez loose.

You do?

If it wasn't for his move to the rotation in September out of necessity and him pitching pretty well during that garbage time, last season would have been classified as an utter disaster for Tavarez.

He was having big time issues coming out of the pen, to the point where Tito had lost complete faith in him. He wasn't even a setup guy, he was a mop up guy.. playing the role that was left vacant earlier in the season when the team cut Rudy Seanez loose.

I LOVE Tavarez. And no not that I think the guy is good or anything but the guy is a complete nut job. Every team needs a Tavarez on their team. I mean just for pure comedy. Hey it's March 15th, Spring Training is kind of boring.... wait look now Tavarez just punched out Joey Gatheright for no reason at home plate. Anyone else remember the 2004 NLCS? The guy went nuts on a wall and broke his hand yet still pitched. I thought he was going to kill himself on the mound in Game 1 of the WS when Bellhorn hit the HR off of him.

Seriously, Tavarez will take the ball and drill every single opposing hitter on the other team in a row if he has too. If I had to pick a team of guys I want behind me during a brawl, he's definitely one of them. We need a guy like this on our team, because he'll come in the game down by 10 but you'll pay attention because you don't know what he'll do next.

But seriously the Red Sox will have a problem once Lester comes back because they'll need to drop a pitcher and it will probably be Synder. Hopefully the team can make a deal and get a decent minor league player back instead of simply releasing Synder and getting nothing back.

Okajima continues to impress. Another inning tonight with 2 K's. Donnelly looks pretty good when he has been getting into games.

Beckett looked good again tonight. The bats were dead the whole night until the 8th on Wily Mo's blast. It concerns me a little bit. Hopefully it was just a 4 day funk. And I'm probably just nitpicking but Papelbon has been walking at least 1 batter per inning pitched for the past 3 or 4 games, maybe he's just not getting enough work in a row or whatever but I'd like to see more 1-2-3 innings from him.

Anyway off to the Bronx. Taking 2 out of 3 would be ideal however since we swept over the weekend, I could live with 1 out of 3 but not be too happy with it.

Beckett looked good again tonight. The bats were dead the whole night until the 8th on Wily Mo's blast. It concerns me a little bit. Hopefully it was just a 4 day funk. And I'm probably just nitpicking but Papelbon has been walking at least 1 batter per inning pitched for the past 3 or 4 games, maybe he's just not getting enough work in a row or whatever but I'd like to see more 1-2-3 innings from him.

Anyway off to the Bronx. Taking 2 out of 3 would be ideal however since we swept over the weekend, I could live with 1 out of 3 but not be too happy with it.

Man Beckett has looked good. The bats are far from locked on and it concerns me as well. Pretty sure where just in a team funk, Papi and Manny haven't been setting the world on fire yet. Not sure what Ray was thinking with Willy Mo, he can't hit breaking balls.

Man Beckett has looked good. The bats are far from locked on and it concerns me as well. Pretty sure where just in a team funk, Papi and Manny haven't been setting the world on fire yet. Not sure what Ray was thinking with Willy Mo, he can't hit breaking balls.

You know as soon as I saw the catcher setting up inside I knew Ray was screwed. Wily Mo absolutely crushed that pitch.

I wonder if Coco is going to land on the DL and if so who gets the call up? David Murphy seems like the logical choice, Brandon Moss has been hitting the crap out of the ball in Triple A or Jacoby Ellsbury who's days in Double A our numbered due to his fast start. I doubt the Sox call up Ellsbury only because he's not on the 40 man roster and he needs to play everyday.

Back
Top Bottom