The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Great win today especially due to the pitching match ups, although anytime the Sox can take 2 out of 3 from the Yankees is good. Wang didn't look good today and the Sox capitalized on it and also that overused/worked bullpen. Nice to see Ortiz and Manny go yard today and man has the Red Sox bullpen been lights out so far this year. Timlin's HR from Jeter snapped a streak of 14 straight innings without giving up a run. Ohkajima has been a blessing for the team so far. Cora is swinging a very hot bat, Pedroia better start stepping it up or he'll lose some playing time and quickly.

Cora has been on fire lately, even hitting with power. Pretty sure he will see more playing time this week, Tito seems not not mind starting him here and there, why not more. Okajima and Papelbon look great again, how soon till this guy is our everyday setup guy. I hope Manny's HR gets him going, he has really been slumping this year, even worse than last year.

Nice to see FH back up.

Anyway a couple of notes: Jacoby Ellsbury has been promoted to Triple A already after hitting well over .400 in Double A, so the official Nono to Coco in CF watch is officially on, although Coco has been pretty good lately.

Also for those people keeping score on the Beckett/Lowell for Hanley/Anibal Sanchez trade, today Sanchez was opted to Triple A, so maybe it was premature to put him in the Hall of Fame like some people wanted after his no-hitter last year, he could just be another Bud Smith.

Wakefield!! ...

what a great win ... tremendous defensive plays by Lugo, Cora and Crisp!!

love this team right now... love it...

Wakefield!! ...

what a great win ... tremendous defensive plays by Lugo, Cora and Crisp!!

love this team right now... love it...

great plays indeed! Lugo definitely made up for his fielding errors from the other night.

Blue Jays on the road.. arrrghhh they have had our number lately. I like our pitching matchups the 1st 2 days, cause thurs will be Halladay. I would like to see a solid start out of Matsuzaka also this series. Will Cora continue to start while he is hitting this hot.

Blue Jays on the road.. arrrghhh they have had our number lately. I like our pitching matchups the 1st 2 days, cause thurs will be Halladay. I would like to see a solid start out of Matsuzaka also this series. Will Cora continue to start while he is hitting this hot.

I agree on Matsuzaka. He has the stuff but it just seems like he has 1 bad inning, and I mean real bad usually. He needs to adjust.

Pedroia has been pretty hot lately as well. I think the Sox are committed to stick with Pedroia, but I can see Cora getting a start at either 2nd or 3rd in this series for sure.

Red Sox Story Coming To HBO

The Boston Red Sox of 2004 will have their story told in a six-part miniseries called Faithful on HBO sometime in 2008. The series will be based on the book of the same name, which was co-written by Stephen King, and will tell the story from the perspective of fans and players, focusing on the people that were most involved in the joyous event.

Source

Red Sox Story Coming To HBO

The Boston Red Sox of 2004 will have their story told in a six-part miniseries called Faithful on HBO sometime in 2008. The series will be based on the book of the same name, which was co-written by Stephen King, and will tell the story from the perspective of fans and players, focusing on the people that were most involved in the joyous event.

Source

I have the book, it was a pretty good read. Should be a good series, I will never forget that year, the ALCS, or WS drubbing.

It was nice having a night off and still gain some ground on the Yanks!

It was nice having a night off and still gain some ground on the Yanks!

I don't remember seeing you post in the Red Sox threads in the previous years (although I could be having a brain fart right now) but anyway welcome aboard (or back). The more the merrier! Hope you stick around and post more here.

Another great outing for Beckett, so far just a Rios homerun on the board. Not sure if anyone saw that Anibel Sanchez was sent back to the minors, we still don't know who got the best of the deal but Beckett is dealing like I thought he could. Go Blisters.

Another great outing for Beckett, so far just a Rios homerun on the board. Not sure if anyone saw that Anibel Sanchez was sent back to the minors, we still don't know who got the best of the deal but Beckett is dealing like I thought he could. Go Blisters.

I mentioned Sanchez going back to the minors right before FH was down for a couple of days, now Sanchez is on the DL with a bum shoulder. I think the trade will end up being a wash for both clubs as Hanley is a very good player and Beckett, so far, is turning into the ace the Sox were hoping for. Calling it the worst trade in possibly the history of baseball or for the last 10 years was totally laughable, especially since it wasn't even the worst trade the Sox made that year (hello Mirabelli for Bard and Meredith).

Oh well nice to see Blisters pitching this year!

Back
Top Bottom