The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Yeah the Bats for the Sox have not looked good at all and it seems really bad when Dice K is up. Beckett has looked great and I hope he wins the Cy Young

You know as soon as I saw the catcher setting up inside I knew Ray was screwed. Wily Mo absolutely crushed that pitch.

I wonder if Coco is going to land on the DL and if so who gets the call up? David Murphy seems like the logical choice, Brandon Moss has been hitting the crap out of the ball in Triple A or Jacoby Ellsbury who's days in Double A our numbered due to his fast start. I doubt the Sox call up Ellsbury only because he's not on the 40 man roster and he needs to play everyday.

Once Wily Mo got the count in his favor I **knew** he was going to get something to hit..Does anyone besides me think that this Crisp "injury" is a little suspicious... ?

Once Wily Mo got the count in his favor I **knew** he was going to get something to hit..Does anyone besides me think that this Crisp "injury" is a little suspicious... ?

Nah I don't. I think he got hurt trying to catch Arod's second home run. Plus he was starting to get hot at the time of his injury, it was probably the worst possible time for him to get hurt.

Very good win tonight as it takes all the pressure off the Sox for the rest of the series. Good to beat Pettite finally as he owned the Sox over his career. Daisuke pitched well minus that 4th inning, as he always seems to have trouble in 1 innning each game. Bats came alive towards the end and it was nice seeing Rivera walk off the mound after only getting 1 out. Bullpen continues to impress too.

Tomorrow, Wakefield vs. Karstens. Pitching match up sure favors the Sox. It would be nice to win tomorrow because I'm not confident that the Sox will win on Sunday with Julian going.

Very good win tonight as it takes all the pressure off the Sox for the rest of the series. Good to beat Pettite finally as he owned the Sox over his career. Daisuke pitched well minus that 4th inning, as he always seems to have trouble in 1 innning each game. Bats came alive towards the end and it was nice seeing Rivera walk off the mound after only getting 1 out. Bullpen continues to impress too.

Tomorrow, Wakefield vs. Karstens. Pitching match up sure favors the Sox. It would be nice to win tomorrow because I'm not confident that the Sox will win on Sunday with Julian going.

I only got to see from the 8th on but I saw enough. Okajima had another great inning, I love this guy. Watching us hit around Mariano is also a nice thing. Is there any team less afraid of Rivera right now than the Sox. We are in his head now.. :evil:

lowell seems locked in this year... i love his approach to the game and the nasty glove he provides at 3B...

by the way, has anyone acknowledged that the former Marlins radio guy is doing the Sox calls this year? what's his name again?

i loved listening to the Marlins on radio when i lived down there...

lowell seems locked in this year... i love his approach to the game and the nasty glove he provides at 3B...

by the way, has anyone acknowledged that the former Marlins radio guy is doing the Sox calls this year? what's his name again?

i loved listening to the Marlins on radio when i lived down there...

Beckett/Lowell for Ramirez/Sanchez isn't looking to shabby now, eh?

Lester *shines* In Rehab Outing

LESTER *SHINES* IN REHAB OUTING

5 shutout inninnigs
84 pitches thrown
topped out at 94mph
3 hits allowed
0 walks
6 strikeouts

Beckett/Lowell for Ramirez/Sanchez isn't looking to shabby now, eh?

I'd still like to have Hanley back but I'm not upset about losing Sanchez. Sanchez was great last year but I think it was naive to think he could ever match those numbers. But I love watching Hanley play, really he's a poor man's Jose Reyes and that's not a knock on him at all, the Sox really dropped the ball giving up on him after he had some disappointing seasons in Double A.

And I'd REALLY like to have Bard and Meredith back. That trade was one of the worst trades in baseball history so far.

LESTER *SHINES* IN REHAB OUTING

5 shutout inninnigs
84 pitches thrown
topped out at 94mph
3 hits allowed
0 walks
6 strikeouts

He can't get here soon enough. I really hope he makes his first start at Fenway though the ovation he'll get will give everyone goosebumps.

I'd still like to have Hanley back but I'm not upset about losing Sanchez. Sanchez was great last year but I think it was naive to think he could ever match those numbers. But I love watching Hanley play, really he's a poor man's Jose Reyes and that's not a knock on him at all, the Sox really dropped the ball giving up on him after he had some disappointing seasons in Double A.

And I'd REALLY like to have Bard and Meredith back. That trade was one of the worst trades in baseball history so far.

So then if you call Lowell/Sanchez a wash for arguments sake, then answer me this: How is a trade for a young top-flight SS for a young top-flight pitcher EVER a win for the team who recievers the top flight SS. I for one take the top-flight pitcher any day of the week.

So then if you call Lowell/Sanchez a wash for arguments sake, then answer me this: How is a trade for a young top-flight SS for a young top-flight pitcher EVER a win for the team who recievers the top flight SS. I for one take the top-flight pitcher any day of the week.

I don't disagree with you there. Pitching is more important to a team's success than an offense player. When I said I'd like to have Hanley back I would and I would have tried everything I could to have not included him in the deal however I'd still make that trade.

Frustrating loss today. The Sox looked like they were on a roll in the first until Karstens came out of the game (he actually broke his filbula on Lugo's hit). I knew we were in trouble once Igawa got out of the 1st without giving up a run. It amazes me that the Sox can't hit any left handers, especially ones they have never seen before. Oh well I didn't think we were going to win Friday's game and figured we'd win todays so I guess it evened out. It would be nice to take 2 out of 3 but I'm not confident.

P.S. Manny, Ortiz and Drew have been ice cold recently. They need to pick it up especially now that Youk ad Lugo are starting to get hot at the plate.

Back
Top Bottom