The Official 2009 NBA Playoff Predictions thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2009 NBA Playoff Predictions thread

idk if that puppet thing can legally happen, dwight howard is an adidas athlete, and those commercials are produced by Nike...one of the big reasons why those commercials were pushed so much was because both LeBron and Kobe were Nike's biggest basketball faces during the postseason run...hopefully we see less of those commercials without the crybaby in the playoffs lol...

Orlando won't have the match up advantages they had against Cleveland. Gasol and Bynum can give a little more resistance vs. Howard then Z and the flopper.

The big difference however will be w Turk and Lewis. Cleveland simply had nobody that could stop these 6'10" shooters. L.A. can throw Odom, Areza, Kobe and even Walton at those guys.

While Orlando did beat the Lakers both times during the season, a big reason for that was Nelson. There have been rumblings of his return for this series, however I still think it unlikely. Even if he were to return, how effective could he be after such a layoff?

I think Orlando can win it, but the difference will be Kobe IMO and so I like the Lakers in 6. Hope I'm wrong.

Orlando won't have the match up advantages they had against Cleveland. Gasol and Bynum can give a little more resistance vs. Howard then Z and the flopper.

The big difference however will be w Turk and Lewis. Cleveland simply had nobody that could stop these 6'10" shooters. L.A. can throw Odom, Areza, Kobe and even Walton at those guys.

While Orlando did beat the Lakers both times during the season, a big reason for that was Nelson. There have been rumblings of his return for this series, however I still think it unlikely. Even if he were to return, how effective could he be after such a layoff?

I think Orlando can win it, but the difference will be Kobe IMO and so I like the Lakers in 6. Hope I'm wrong.

I REALLLLY hope you dont think Walton could guard either one of those guys. I used to be a Lamar Odom fan but he is just lazy now and a shell of himself at most times. Ariza is nice. If Pietrus can do half the job he did on James on Kobe for the 20 min he plays it will help. Gasol has zero to no chance of stopping Howard Laker fans must put all their eggs in the Bynum Basket

Lakers just have to stop Rashard Lewis and Turkey Glue. Lamar and Ariza can do that. Dont let them burn you. Howard is gonna get his point but he's not gonna have an easy time like against the cavs. Jameer Nelson is not coming back. Lakers in 6.

I REALLLLY hope you dont think Walton could guard either one of those guys. I used to be a Lamar Odom fan but he is just lazy now and a shell of himself at most times. Ariza is nice. If Pietrus can do half the job he did on James on Kobe for the 20 min he plays it will help. Gasol has zero to no chance of stopping Howard Laker fans must put all their eggs in the Bynum Basket

You seem to think I meant Walton to cover Turk or Lewis for the full 48 or something. Walton is a big body at 6'8" and can get physical with either of those guys for 5-10 minutes or so, and perhaps take them out of their rhythm.

Also note that we had Radmonovic as a starting forward, whom I really didn't like all that well, when the Magic beat the Lakers twice earlier in the season. Ariza is a much better replacement for Rad.

I think Howard will give Bynum a real test on that knee, but Howard is by far the better center.

After that ....it gets thin for Orlando. Who is going to guard Gasol? Who is going to guard Kobe?

Orlando shoots from 3 point range with excellence, but with better defense that could put the game into Howards hands....and that is fine with the Lakers. If Howard get 40 plus points a game, that means no one else gets the ball that much ...advantage Lakers. If Orlando wants to commit to the outside shot and use Howard as a passer and decoy, they better hit those shots or else it could be over quick.

I'm so glad LeBron and the Cavs got knocked out. I really wish Denver would of taken care of LA but I think Orlando can give it to them. I hate Kobe and would love to see him loose.

James said he sent an e-mail to Howard following Saturday's game.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Lebron still doesn't get it. What a jackass.

James said he sent an e-mail to Howard following Saturday's game.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Lebron still doesn't get it. What a jackass.

Total Jackass, suck it up and go shake his hand. He's played the same amount of games and it showed his team was the better one. Give him his props man. I thought ever since the USA team, theyve been buds? Im so glad LeBron is out the playoffs. I hope and I think Kobes next...:up:

LeCrab just showing the class he's supposed to show.It was alright when they were taking pictures and smiling and laughing.

Back
Top Bottom