***The Official 2009 NFL Draft Thread*** | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official 2009 NFL Draft Thread***

"People have their opinions but every body who knows Vontae knows I'm a great person and great player," said Davis, who was told he was selected by General Manager Jeff Ireland. "Bill Parcells' [endorsement] speaks louder than words. For him to draft me he knows what type of person I am."

Man a person who refers to themselves in the 3rd person.....TO anyone?

The biggest thing is, with 8 picks in the next 2 rounds, being able to afford to pay for them all. There will be some name players cut in the next month or so.

You are right, but that is a good problem to have. I really wish we can somehow find really good solid players with our low rounders.

Everette Brown, Connor Barwin or Ron Brace next please

Ramses Barden from Cal Poly
Yeah, he's a decent sleeper pick, but when would be the right time to get him. 2nd is too early. I'm hoping another CB or top LB might still be there for 2nd rounder.

He probably is the next best WR, but I'm not that impressed with him. I'd rather get a top notch LB, another CB or another elite position and not just grab an OK WR. We'll see what the FO thinks in about an hour at our 2a spot.

Butler may be there at 2a LOL!

Davis is one of the most physical pass defenders in the collegiate game. A little more of a gambler than Jenkins, Davis has been known for coming up for the spectacular play in crunch time situations.

In 36 games at Illinois, Davis was responsible for the opposition turning the ball over 12 times and has also delivered 13.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Unlike most cornerbacks, the Illini junior has provided the team with a dominant force vs. the running game, as six of his seven stops for loss in 2008 came inside the red zone. Of his 78 tackles that season, 23 came on third-down plays, with two others on fourth-down action.

Back
Top Bottom