***The Official 2012 Miami Marlins thread*** | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official 2012 Miami Marlins thread***

I hope this is it for Heath Bell...that guys a clown
Well, at least the dumpster fire you guys had to call a season is almost over.

Even though my Phils didn't make the playoffs, it was nice to see them play well in the second half of the year.

Congrats to Migs on winning the triple crown. I think it's difficult to wrap our minds around what a historically terrible trade the Cabrera move was. In the epic history of our oldest popular sport, that trade might be the worst since the Bambino. It's right up there with Brock and Ryan. If Beinfest really is out the door, I think there were a lot of positives in his time here. But the stench of the Cabrera trade is like having a scarlet letter branded into his forehead. The unfortunate thing is we all know it was necessitated by Loria's meddling. He's the real villain here. Without the team killing signings of Bell and Buck, which he is supposedly behind, we would have had the cash to more aggressively pursue Cespedes and Gio. This year could have gone very differently. I don't think Loria is capable of bringing in someone better than Beinfest. I think he and Samson are nooses around this team's neck. I don't think there's much to look forward to while they're here. Hopefully, they wrap up defrauding our city and move on sooner rather than later.

Marlinsbaseball.com is pissed that Ozzie got fired.

Personally, with how the season went, you had to get rid of a lot of people, including Ozzie. He pissed off pretty much a majority of the fanbase in the first week. The franchise spent a lot of money and it didn't work out; it happens.

Rumors have the following names linked to the job; former Marlin catcher and current manager of the Twins Single A affiliate Mike Redmond, former Marlin players Mike Lowell (though he said earlier this year he didn't think he was ready) and Jeff Conine, Reds pitching coach Bryan Price (whose been a damn good pitching coach wherever he's been), Dodger Third Base Coach Tim Wallach, Padres Special Assistant Brad Ausmus and AAA New Orleans Manager Ron Hassey.

Back
Top Bottom