The Official Boston Celtics Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Boston Celtics Thread

On the Knicks game:

"They traded off Quentin Richardson for Paul Pierce and I think they'll take that any day. So we just got to keep our composure in situations like that," Celtics guard Eddie House said. "We know when we get up on teams, teams are going to try to pull everything out of their hats, so we just have to be prepared for that and aware of that and handle it a little better than we did tonight."​
I like that attitude especially for a 6-man. Reasonable and composed. Good leadership traits in Eddie House it seems.

:lol::sidelol:

Yeah, he'll be on a new team by next year.

He hops the bandwagon more than Junior Seau.

Except unlike Seau, he doesn't have a legacy.

Amars if I'm not mistaken the celtics trashed the lakers, twice.
And if I'm not mistaken, THE WIZARDS WITHOUT ARENAS trashed the Celtics twice.......in a row. :lol:

Yeah, exactly. You're not going to win an argument raving about the regular season.

Bump for a response.

Had no buisness beating the Wolves tonight, they are just that bad and Boston did just enough to get by.

I love the end with loser KG showing off his Boston jersey to the camera? What are we supposed to be impressed?

You barely beat a TWolves team who were 13 point dogs! /golfclap

That's okay though, I can't wait to see KG going emo and crying after they lose to Detroit. Very similar to KG when he lost to LA.

I hate Boston but the one thing I will say is this. Their emergence, along with the Magic's and the Cavs playing solid again, ensures that the Eastern Conference playoffs will actually have some spice before the Conference Finals. I like Toronto but I still think their a year or two away from making serious noise in the conference. The East finally has intrigue this year and if the Bulls and Nets weren't crapping the bed so hard, them added would have made the Eastern Conference playoffs a joy to watch from beginning to end!

I don't know yet. I mean, obviously Boston and Detroit are going to be the main competitors barring injury. Orlando is the most suspect team in basketball -- they do this (well, not as good as they've been this year) pretty much every year. Start off great, then fade shortly after the All-Star break. I'd like to see them keep it up because at the end of the day, I'm a basketball fan and I want to see a good playoffs. Either way, I would never trust Stan Van Gundy in a Playoff series against an elite team.

I'm actually hoping for an Orlando/Cleveland round one where LeBron takes over and Cleveland winds up with Detroit in round 2. The last two years, Cleveland/Detroit series have been among the best. I'd love to see Boston/Washington (healthy Arenas) and Detroit/Cleveland again. Washington causes a ton of mismatches for Boston, so they have the potential to make an interesting one. That is of course if they mesh the same with Arenas.....

I'm gonna put my money on the fact that Boston won't look the same come playoff time. They need a point guard off the bench and I think Rondo can be that guy. If they get Cassel then it will add a whole other dimension to their game. It would be a different 2nd half team. I think they're fine in the middle personally. When Garnett's in the game you don't need Shaq in the middle to do well in the playoffs.

Great game tonight Boston beating the Mavs without KG and Powe has showed a lot of improvement since the beginning of the season. Rondo does need to start making those layups but he has also improved and I think that trend will continue. BTW fin in ri Stoudemire is going to sign with SA but Cassell would be a great addition to this team.

I think Powe is a banger. He gets beat up, but he holds his ground and gets boards. He's gotta work on finishing though, maybe take his time a bit more after the rebound.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?sl...8-nba-bos&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report

Yahoo! Sports said:
Kevin Garnett missed his third straight game because of an abdominal strain Thursday. Coach Doc Rivers says there's no timetable for his return.
The Celtics have four days off between the game against the Mavericks and the Tuesday test in Cleveland, but even though Garnett is improving he is not certain to play against the Cavaliers.

Clearly, the Celtics are taking a long-term view here, and while Garnett has been pushing to play, the team's captain had a talk with him about the situation.

Yahoo! Sports said:
"But especially Eddie and Posey, who have been doing it consistently. We would have at least a handful more losses without them on the court. So my feeling is that when you have a specific weakness on your team, there's a lot of ways to fix it. And by going to get other players, you can lose one of your strengths. You have to be very careful with that."

Back
Top Bottom