**The Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**The Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread**

Boik14

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
So theres a few rumors circulating, among them:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Nets-080219

- Fat Eddy Curry to Miami Jason Williams and/or Ricky Davis' Expiring contracts to Miami and Vinsanity from NJ to NYK. Ive also read this rumor from Sam Smith (not the best source) where it would just be Curry to Miami for J Will's expiring contract. As a Knick fan you would have to love to get rid of Eddy but Im not sure I want Vince at this point in his career even as much as curry stinks.

- Jermaine O Neal's name has been mentioned for Carter as well though Im not sure how much sense it makes.

- Denver is hot on the trail of Ron Artest and Zach Randolph. Randolph next to Camby may be a nice fit for them since they need a low post threat and Camby could erase some of his defensive lapses.

Again, these are rumors, not reporting them as gospel.

Artest/Camby would be a nice defensive tandem.
Yes it would but t would also create a logjam at SF with Artest and Melo. Still Denver definitely needs a 3rd scoring option. :up:

Been hearing Odom for Butler.

I hope that dont happen.

Been hearing Odom for Butler.

I hope that dont happen.
Caron Buter? Why the heck wouldnt you want that? Holy jesus that should be illegal.

Fisher
Kobe
Butler
Pau Pau Pauer Wheels
Bynum

That team would win multiple titles. :ponder:

Caron Buter? Why the heck wouldnt you want that? Holy jesus that should be illegal.

Fisher
Kobe
Butler
Pau Pau Pauer Wheels
Bynum

That team would win multiple titles. :ponder:

Well, Butler didn't exactly mesh with Kobe last time around. Odom has worked pretty well with him, and doesn't need to get a ton of shots to be happy. Butler does. And frankly, why would the Wizards want Odom so badly? They've got Jamison at the 4 as it is. The trade makes no sense for the Wizards, and not much more for the Lakers. It won't happen.

Hard to say what's going to happen with this deadline. Most of the big names on the block have already moved, but Artest is still out there, as are Carter and O'Neal. But those guys have all been on the block for the better part of a year, and they're still with their teams. I tend to think that if something was going to happen, it would have by now.

I think Curry's the best candidate for a trade. His contract is bad, but not ludicrous, and bona fide low post scorers are rare these days. Some team with a tough, shot blocking big man might be willing to take a chance that he could cover for Curry's atrocious defense. The Knicks now know that Curry and Zach Randolph cannot play together, so one of them's got to go.

One destination that would make some sense is New Orleans, as long as Curry accepts a role coming off the bench, playing 30 minutes backing up Chandler and West. Curry for Bobby Jackson, Julian Wright and maybe a future #1 works and would make some sense for both teams: the Knicks get young talent and cap relief, while the Hornets get a low post scorer they could really use.

What Sam Smith reported was his own rumor, no real sources nothing. Just wishful thinking to get rid of Curry and putting him to Miami. Sam Smith is garbage.

Knicks' fans can dream on. There are no facts behind that. It is what it is, a silly rumor.

Plus we have a Center that is much cheaper with one year less on his contract and much better than Curry named Blount. If we're going to experiment with Curry, the Knicks would have to buy out his contract and we would sign him on the vet minimum, though chances are he will not beat out Blount; Curry stinks that bad.

What Sam Smith reported was his own rumor, no real sources nothing. Just wishful thinking to get rid of Curry and putting him to Miami. Sam Smith is garbage.

Knicks' fans can dream on. There are no facts behind that. It is what it is, a silly rumor.

Plus we have a Center that is much cheaper with one year less on his contract and much better than Curry named Blount. If we're going to experiment with Curry, the Knicks would have to buy out his contract and we would sign him on the vet minimum, though chances are he will not beat out Blount; Curry stinks that bad.

Well, there are plenty of reasons not to like Curry, and several more to question how he'd fit in Miami, but the idea that Mark Blount is better is definitely not among them. Blount doesn't rebound, doesn't play defense, can't pass, and has hands that are apparently made of rebar-enforced cement. Curry, at least, commands a double team down low, has soft hands, and is one of the best low-post threats in the league.

Blount has been remarkably consistent in posting a PER of around 12 the last three seasons, and is on pace to do that again. Basically, that means he's a below average center. Curry had been in the mid-16s and low 17s the last three years, until his current 15.74. That's a dip, but it's still above average.

If anybody can motivate and whip into shape a Fat, lazy center in Curry. it would be Pat Riley.

If anybody can motivate and whip into shape a Fat, lazy center in Curry. it would be Pat Riley.

Agreed. I don't think Curry makes a lot of sense for Miami (though that has absolutely nothing to do with the presence of the immortal Mark Blount), but I could see the logic in getting him.

Personally, I think they should go the other direction and look for a more athletic center to take advantage of the fact that Wade and Marion can outrun most teams. But if Riley thought he could turn him into a monster in the middle, I wouldn't bet against him.

i heard portland is trying to get danny granger

i would be thrilled as long as both martell and outlaw are involved..one of them, but not both

You heard right, Portland wants Granger bad. It would take more than Outlaw or Webster on their own, though. Indy's a screwed up team, but Granger is a building block for them, and he's not going to come cheap. I wouldn't bet on seeing anything happen there.

Back
Top Bottom