**The Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**The Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread**

Lamar a better fit for the Lakers. His size and defense is what the Lakers need. We dont need scores.

here a link to the rumor.
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/40432

Caron is a great defender Amars.

I agree though. Lamar is a better fit..and Caron had a hard time playing with Kobe...

So I would stand pat.

If anything..the lakers can use a defender for the #1 spot. If they can pull a deal for a Chris Duhon (who is back on the block) that would be a spectacular move by the Lakers.

When a coach calls your blog "B.S.", then that trade rumor about Eddy Curry is, B.S.

Riley: Heat has no interest in Eddy Curry

MIAMI - Heat coach Pat Riley refuted an ESPN report that linked his team to Knicks center Eddy Curry in advance of Thursday's 3 p.m. NBA trading deadline.

Asked specifically about Curry at Wednesday's practice at AmericanAirlines Arena, Riley said, "Wrong. Wrong. That's a blog b.s. Not that I don't have respect for him, but that's blog b.s."

"I'm not just going to do something because they have an expiring contract," Riley said. "Obviously, there are teams out there that want to unload things we don't want. I don't want 'em, and I don't care who they are.

Got it from RealGM.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-curry022008,0,7280498.story

AND THANK GOD FOR THAT!

There are serious rumblings that Riley really wants to add a big man by the deadline or move Blounts contract at all costs.

The guy that Riley is trying to get is Samuel Dalembert and another "Riley" guy is Josh Smith. Those guys are guys that I can see Riley making a move for.

another rumor

Cavs get Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, Brian Cardinal

Grizz get Ira Newble, Donyell Marshall, Shannon Brown, Dwayne Jones, Cedric Simmons (all expirers)

also, Cavs had agreed to trade Brown,Gooden, and Newble to the Kings for Bibby, but then the Kings decided to only take expiring contracts

The Knicks are making a strong push for Vince Carter, but they really have nothing to give to the Nets. Randolph is the best player, but the guy is a head case. The were trying to get the Nets to bite on Curry:lol:

No sooner did my buddy who works for the Nets tell me the above post, I see this.

The New York Knicks have had preliminary discussions about acquiring guard Vince Carter from the New Jersey Nets as part of a three-team trade, ESPN reported on its Web site.
Knicks center Eddy Curry would be traded to the Miami Heat, while Miami would send guard Jason Williams and forward Ricky Davis -- both of whom have expiring contracts -- to the Nets, ESPN said, citing a person it didn't name.
ESPN also reported that a possible trade of Carter for Indiana Pacers center Jermaine O'Neal was also being discussed, ESPN reported, citing multiple people it didn't name.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=a7wQOlROKt7c&refer=home

No sooner did my buddy who works for the Nets tell me the above post, I see this.

The New York Knicks have had preliminary discussions about acquiring guard Vince Carter from the New Jersey Nets as part of a three-team trade, ESPN reported on its Web site.
Knicks center Eddy Curry would be traded to the Miami Heat, while Miami would send guard Jason Williams and forward Ricky Davis -- both of whom have expiring contracts -- to the Nets, ESPN said, citing a person it didn't name.
ESPN also reported that a possible trade of Carter for Indiana Pacers center Jermaine O'Neal was also being discussed, ESPN reported, citing multiple people it didn't name.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=a7wQOlROKt7c&refer=home

That is bogus. It was made up by Sam Smith.

Pat Riley himself called it BS.

Lets make a deal. Spurs acquire Kurt Thomas.

One trade disrupts everything. DAMN. The old keep getting older.

Spurs acquire Thomas from Sonics for Barry, Elson

By Johnny Ludden, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 31 minutes ago

Yahoo! Sports

The San Antonio Spurs have reached agreement with the SuperSonics that will bring them center Kurt Thomas in exchange for guard Brent Barry, center Francisco Elson and a 2009 first-round draft pick, league sources said Wednesday.

The teams are in the process of finalizing the deal with league officials.

By acquiring Thomas, the Spurs get some needed size to help them counter Phoenix’s Shaquille O’Neal and Houston’s Yao Ming. They also are expected to drop under the luxury-tax threshold, possibly saving them about $2 million. In exchange, San Antonio will send the Sonics a portion of the savings.

While Barry has been sidelined with a calf injury, Ime Udoka has taken his place in the rotation and proven to be a dependable contributor with his defense and 3-point shooting. Elson’s inconsistency limited his role with the Spurs this season.

The Sonics, who also considered an offer from the Orlando Magic for Thomas, have now generated three first-round draft picks from Rashard Lewis’ sign-and-trade deal last summer.

I think its a good deal for the Spurs. The western conference playoff is going to be insane. Especially if the Nuggets get Artest.

I actually think this is a good deal for the Spurs. Granted, it is still a response to the Lakers deal, but they gain size, experience and a guy who can shoot from inside or out.

Not a world beating trade, but a solid one that I think helps the Spurs who get rid of two players who weren't helping anyways.

Back
Top Bottom