***The Official NHL Offseason Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official NHL Offseason Thread***

If the Sabres could sign Drury right now for 6/36 mil they would. I think Briere will be offered more than 5.5. Though I think Briere wants to be in Buffalo and Drury wants to be in Cali. With Ruff re-signed and Darcy expected to get a new deal soon; one of the guys will be signed before free agency, IMO. My feeling is they'll tell Drury they'll match any deal if he'll stay in Buffalo rather than go home to Cali. If he declines on that Briere will be back.

The thing about Briere who has been on the record to say he doesn't have to max out to stay in Buffalo is that he owes the NHLPA to max out. I don't think Drury will have a better offensive season than he had this past year. Though I think he ends up with the Kings/Sharks and the Sabres sign Briere.
I wouldnt give either of those guys max money. Theyre good they arent front office draws like an Ovechkin or a Jagr and neither really transcends a team by themselves and those are the only guys I see as worth max money. Theyre both good players, and in drury's case a solid leader who plays a peca-like all around game with more scoring touch so he'd be a more desired commodity imo.

By the way, as a side note, I thought Drury is from Connecticut since he was on the Little World series team from there.

Heres how it is!!! The Rangers will not sign noone!! Smyth will be an Islander!! And Flyers will win the cup!!! Briere or Gomez will be a FLYER and So will Timmonen!!!

Go Flyers GO!!

All the way!! woow MAn...Does it really show I love the Flyers?

smyth is going west i think....i dont think hes an east coast kind of guy

I wouldnt give either of those guys max money. Theyre good they arent front office draws like an Ovechkin or a Jagr and neither really transcends a team by themselves and those are the only guys I see as worth max money. Theyre both good players, and in drury's case a solid leader who plays a peca-like all around game with more scoring touch so he'd be a more desired commodity imo.

By the way, as a side note, I thought Drury is from Connecticut since he was on the Little World series team from there.

He's from Conneticut but he lives in the west coast now I believe.

The press is reporting that the flames have hired Mike Keenan as there head coach and playfair will stick with the organization.

I'm not sold on Keenan but I definately don't think he's worse than Playfair. I like playfair as an assistant, so I hope he sticks around.

smyth is going west i think....i dont think hes an east coast kind of guy
yeah but his wife is an east coast kinda girl. She loved it here by all accounts. Its also being reported that the isles have gone to smyth and asked him if there was a particular center he wanted to play with. God, I hope he says Drury. :lol:

I think the only way Drury doesn't go west is if he stays in buffalo.

The press is reporting that the flames have hired Mike Keenan as there head coach and playfair will stick with the organization.

I'm not sold on Keenan but I definately don't think he's worse than Playfair. I like playfair as an assistant, so I hope he sticks around.

Yikes. How many chances does one get ? That's a combustible combo right there, two abrasive personalities, in a city where expectations are running higher than they should. Keenan's time has passed, it's a shame Sutter hasn't realized that his ways of treating players doesn't work anymore in this day and age.

The best scenario for the Flames would have seen Sutter rehire himself as coach (where he really flourishes) and bring back Al Coates from Anaheim either as an assistant GM or full-time GM.

I think the only way Drury doesn't go west is if he stays in buffalo.

dont be so sure. hes been quoted as saying he wants to play on "a big stage"

yes im a Rangers fan but i say this without any homerism, dont be surprised if hes playing on Broadway come october.

well for some reason EA chose Eric Staal for their cover...why i dont know

Back
Top Bottom