***The Official NHL Offseason Thread*** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official NHL Offseason Thread***

This is why I love this board so damn much. I found out about this HERE! I was watching the A's v. Cardinals game and dropped in as I usually do to snooping around and saw Slappy and 'Izzo's posts.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Chiarelli will actually hire a coach who plays a style that suits the talent on the damn team instead of force feeding them some boring, wait until we are losing before we attack anyone style of play.

Chiarelli has one chance to make this right. He totally crapped the bed with the Jurcina and Boyes trades (trading two players that Lewis did not like or play) only to turn around and fire the coach that wanted the players traded.

I have no idea who I want in there to be honest. Pat Quinn's name is already coming up. To be honest, that would not offend me. Hell, ANYONE is better then Lewis.

My offseason is almost done. I wanted 2 things. Lewis fired and some toughness. One down, one to go.

I like Crosby and what he can do for the league, though I thought Marty B deserved MVP.

I'm in South Florida right now so I have no clue whats going on with the Sabres aside from what i've heard previously. I'm looking forward to July to see the FA movement.

I like Crosby and what he can do for the league, though I thought Marty B deserved MVP.

I'm in South Florida right now so I have no clue whats going on with the Sabres aside from what i've heard previously. I'm looking forward to July to see the FA movement.

See, I thought Luongo deserved the Hart. The Cauncks were a pathetic offensive team, horrible really. They were a 10th-12th place team in the West without him.

He dragged them kicking and screaming to a division title and a playoff series win.

Crosby is the face of the league now. Hearing him talk and seeing how composed he is to go with his ridiculous skills it is hard to believe that he is 19 years old.

The only Sabre news I've heard is the extensions they gave to Regier and Ruff.

News out of Calgary, Flames have offered a contract to Brad Stuart. I hope he resigns, but that being said I thing he will go south because he wants to go to a warmer climate

News out of Calgary, Flames have offered a contract to Brad Stuart. I hope he resigns, but that being said I thing he will go south because he wants to go to a warmer climate

His wife is a California girl. I could see him returning to the Sharks but I don't know if they have a whole lot of cap room. The Kings could come calling. they have a lot of cap room.

How successful would the Predators be if they moved to Hamilton?

On Thursday Ticketmaster in Hamilton started accepting deposits for luxery boxes and season tickets. In ONE DAY they took deposits for 47 of the 60 luxery suites and and over 8,000 season tickets. They brought in over $8 million dollars in revenue in one day.

In Nashville they can't get 12,000 in paid attendence to see a team that finished 2nd overall but in Hamilton they had to cut off selling tickets because of the demand....WITHOUT A TEAM!

Bettman is a moron if he does not allow them to move. The Canadian teams are the financial backbone of the league. They should be running the aggenda. Last year every Canadian team paid INTO revenue sharing to help keep the teams in horrible markets (Atlanta, Florida, Arizona, Nashville, Carolina) alive. It's time for the NHL to start thinking about how much money they can MAKE and how good things can be instead of being concerned about how much they LOSE and how to control the bleeding.

Move the Preds to Hamilton. Move the Panthers to KC and move the Thrashers to the 'Peg.

I think the Canadian citys are going to get screwed in the end. Bettman will find a way to get a team in KC and Vegas though. He does'nt want one of his precious Southern teams to get moved because it will make him look like the idiot some of us already know he is.

This is why I love this board so damn much. I found out about this HERE! I was watching the A's v. Cardinals game and dropped in as I usually do to snooping around and saw Slappy and 'Izzo's posts.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Chiarelli will actually hire a coach who plays a style that suits the talent on the damn team instead of force feeding them some boring, wait until we are losing before we attack anyone style of play.

Chiarelli has one chance to make this right. He totally crapped the bed with the Jurcina and Boyes trades (trading two players that Lewis did not like or play) only to turn around and fire the coach that wanted the players traded.

I have no idea who I want in there to be honest. Pat Quinn's name is already coming up. To be honest, that would not offend me. Hell, ANYONE is better then Lewis.

My offseason is almost done. I wanted 2 things. Lewis fired and some toughness. One down, one to go.

:egads: what did I say a week ago about JFJ coaxing Lewis out of Boston.

Unless Chiarelli wants to go for broke and hire a young and inexperienced coach or convince Brent Sutter that Boston is the place for him :(, Quinn would be a good choice. In every single organization he's been with he's won, and he's won early.

Also you can be sure, he'd be in Chiarelli's ear about toughness as Pat was a tough cookie in his playing days, and his teams run a run and gun style that relies on physical and skilled players. Considering the numbers the Leafs did on the Sens when Chiarelli was an assistant GM, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

:egads: what did I say a week ago about JFJ coaxing Lewis out of Boston.

Unless Chiarelli wants to go for broke and hire a young and inexperienced coach or convince Brent Sutter that Boston is the place for him :(, Quinn would be a good choice. In every single organization he's been with he's won, and he's won early.

Also you can be sure, he'd be in Chiarelli's ear about toughness as Pat was a tough cookie in his playing days, and his teams run a run and gun style that relies on physical and skilled players. Considering the numbers the Leafs did on the Sens when Chiarelli was an assistant GM, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
:lol:

How successful would the Predators be if they moved to Hamilton?

On Thursday Ticketmaster in Hamilton started accepting deposits for luxery boxes and season tickets. In ONE DAY they took deposits for 47 of the 60 luxery suites and and over 8,000 season tickets. They brought in over $8 million dollars in revenue in one day.

In Nashville they can't get 12,000 in paid attendence to see a team that finished 2nd overall but in Hamilton they had to cut off selling tickets because of the demand....WITHOUT A TEAM!

Bettman is a moron if he does not allow them to move. The Canadian teams are the financial backbone of the league. They should be running the aggenda. Last year every Canadian team paid INTO revenue sharing to help keep the teams in horrible markets (Atlanta, Florida, Arizona, Nashville, Carolina) alive. It's time for the NHL to start thinking about how much money they can MAKE and how good things can be instead of being concerned about how much they LOSE and how to control the bleeding.

Move the Preds to Hamilton. Move the Panthers to KC and move the Thrashers to the 'Peg.

I think the Canadian citys are going to get screwed in the end. Bettman will find a way to get a team in KC and Vegas though. He does'nt want one of his precious Southern teams to get moved because it will make him look like the idiot some of us already know he is.
There's 2 Canadian teams that will never back your theory on the Preds in Hamilton. You know who they are, ones the capital and ones the "centre of the universe".

There's 2 Canadian teams that will never back your theory on the Preds in Hamilton. You know who they are, ones the capital and ones the "centre of the universe".

The Sens have no more say then the Sharks on whether the Preds move to Hamilton. They get the same vote. I think the Sens are insulated against it, it is too far away to effect them too much in my opinion.

The Leafs and Sabres are the ones that have the gripe because the Hamilton Predators would be inside their "sphere of influence". I read somewhere that the Sabres are not concerned. They have a great fan base.

The Leafs might complain a little. I don't think they'll say anything about a team moving into their area. The Leafs are bullet proof. They always have and always will sell out and have a massive season ticket waiting list and they will always generate a ton of revenue. I think they'll complain because the Preds could win a Cup before them and that would drive Leafs fans around the bend....LOL!

The Sens have no more say then the Sharks on whether the Preds move to Hamilton. They get the same vote. I think the Sens are insulated against it, it is too far away to effect them too much in my opinion.

The Leafs and Sabres are the ones that have the gripe because the Hamilton Predators would be inside their "sphere of influence". I read somewhere that the Sabres are not concerned. They have a great fan base.

The Leafs might complain a little. I don't think they'll say anything about a team moving into their area. The Leafs are bullet proof. They always have and always will sell out and have a massive season ticket waiting list and they will always generate a ton of revenue. I think they'll complain because the Preds could win a Cup before them and that would drive Leafs fans around the bend....LOL!
I was thinking TV rights which is the big stumbling block and always has been. I'd personally love to see more Canadian teams. It's a joke that no expansion in Canada has been considered. There's "cost certainty" now and better profit sharing, what gives?

Back
Top Bottom