The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!! | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!!

Buffalo missed alot of opportunities but I think they were outplayed. This has nothing to do with the game although their was an obvious instance but when penalties are called how can officials call say a trip and a dive on the same play? Kalinin with a broken bone in his ankle is a huge blow.

djfresh47 said:
Buffalo missed alot of opportunities but I think they were outplayed. This has nothing to do with the game although their was an obvious instance but when penalties are called how can officials call say a trip and a dive on the same play? Kalinin with a broken bone in his ankle is a huge blow.

This is something I've always been confused about....it is either one or the other, it can't be both in my opinion.

The ONLY way they'll get the divers, who are taking advantage of the new rules, to stop diving is by giving the diver the ONLY penalty.

unifiedtheory said:
This is something I've always been confused about....it is either one or the other, it can't be both in my opinion.

The ONLY way they'll get the divers, who are taking advantage of the new rules, to stop diving is by giving the diver the ONLY penalty.

I think it's gotta be one or the other also. Getting guys who dive on plays where their is no obivous penalty not on plays when their is a penalty makes more sense to me. It's just an odd thing that i've noticed this year and just thought it didn't make sense.

I have a feeling the Sens will win the series somehow...

Must be Buffalo Sports syndrome getting to me. Come to expect it.

Crisis said:
I have a feeling the Sens will win the series somehow...

Must be Buffalo Sports syndrome getting to me. Come to expect it.

:confused: Highly doubtful but I have the same feeling AND I'm rooting for Buffalo because of the players I picked in my pool.

Ruff said a very smart thing tonight when he talked about how the media probably woke up Ottawa because of all the heat they faced in the last 24 hours. They were holding their sticks tightly and were pressing all series. Tonight they looked a lot more comfortable and relaxed, almost as if the pressure was off.

Amars said:
How bout them DUCKS.
Gives me a sick feeling in my stomach...

Luckiest team in hockey right now. That being said, they are going to be a force for a long, long time in my opinion. They have a TON of young players in the NHL and in their system. Brian Burke walked into a great situation and his ego will let Duck fans think it was all his doing.

Joel Quenneville got his *** handed to him coaching wise by Randy Carslyle in this series. He did'nt adjust to what the Ducks were doing. They constantly dumped the puck in without puck pursuit and never got anything going. I could see after game one that the Av's had to start carrying the puck in if they were going to have a chance yet they still dumped it in.

They also gave Ilya Bryzgalov WAY too much respect. What little time they spent in the offensive zone they focused on setting up great chances and picking corners. They missed the net so many times in game three it had me smashing things in my house. They were treating him like he was Pat Roy.

HIT THE ****ING NET!!! Make Bryzgalov stop the puck, even if it hits him in the chest. A high percentage of goals are scored on rebounds but the Av's never got chances at rebounds because they kept trying to pick corners.

This series showed the Av's lack of scoring depth. The Ducks threw the Pahlsson line out there on Sakic, Brunette and Hejduk and that was it. Quenneville never found a way to avoid that matchup, even when he had last change at home. I knew the Av's would miss Marik Svatos at some point but I did'nt think they'd miss him this much. Alex Tanguay was invisable through all of the playoffs.

Pierre Lacroix has an interesting off season ahead of him. He has to get Joe Sakic resigned. I think Sakic will stick around. It's the only organization he's ever been with. He also has to get Rob Blake resigned. That will be a bigger pain in the *** but, could be more meaningful then Sakic. When you get past Blake and Liles the Av's defense is HORRIBLE.

There are some high end defensman who are free agents this offseason and I think Lacroix has to sign one. The Avs also need some muckers. They are a smallish team at forward and could use a physical presence up front.

With Wolski and Svatos ready for the next step we could see the Avs trade either Hejduk or Tanguay to get help on defense.

Hey, with my Bruins being the 2nd worst professional sports franchise I have to keep up with another team and the A'vs are the team of choice.

With them out though.....go Sharks/Oilers.:sidelol:

unifiedtheory said:
Gives me a sick feeling in my stomach...

Luckiest team in hockey right now. That being said, they are going to be a force for a long, long time in my opinion. They have a TON of young players in the NHL and in their system. Brian Burke walked into a great situation and his ego will let Duck fans think it was all his doing.

Joel Quenneville got his *** handed to him coaching wise by Randy Carslyle in this series. He did'nt adjust to what the Ducks were doing. They constantly dumped the puck in without puck pursuit and never got anything going. I could see after game one that the Av's had to start carrying the puck in if they were going to have a chance yet they still dumped it in.

They also gave Ilya Bryzgalov WAY too much respect. What little time they spent in the offensive zone they focused on setting up great chances and picking corners. They missed the net so many times in game three it had me smashing things in my house. They were treating him like he was Pat Roy.

HIT THE ****ING NET!!! Make Bryzgalov stop the puck, even if it hits him in the chest. A high percentage of goals are scored on rebounds but the Av's never got chances at rebounds because they kept trying to pick corners.

This series showed the Av's lack of scoring depth. The Ducks threw the Pahlsson line out there on Sakic, Brunette and Hejduk and that was it. Quenneville never found a way to avoid that matchup, even when he had last change at home. I knew the Av's would miss Marik Svatos at some point but I did'nt think they'd miss him this much. Alex Tanguay was invisable through all of the playoffs.

Pierre Lacroix has an interesting off season ahead of him. He has to get Joe Sakic resigned. I think Sakic will stick around. It's the only organization he's ever been with. He also has to get Rob Blake resigned. That will be a bigger pain in the *** but, could be more meaningful then Sakic. When you get past Blake and Liles the Av's defense is HORRIBLE.

There are some high end defensman who are free agents this offseason and I think Lacroix has to sign one. The Avs also need some muckers. They are a smallish team at forward and could use a physical presence up front.

With Wolski and Svatos ready for the next step we could see the Avs trade either Hejduk or Tanguay to get help on defense.

Hey, with my Bruins being the 2nd worst professional sports franchise I have to keep up with another team and the A'vs are the team of choice.

With them out though.....go Sharks/Oilers.:sidelol:

:eek: You know more about the ducks then I do. I havent even watched one game yet. Im a Kings fan.:shakeno: But Its good to see the sucess the ducks are having.

I couldn't even bare to watch the final period of that game. The AV's need more speed and more of a physical pressence. Hopefully they buy out Patrice Brisebois's contract cause he was BRUTAL!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom