The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!! | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!!

dominizzo said:
Boston Bruins The worst organization In Team sports History!!!
Grand words from the all knowing Dominizzo....

The WORST organization in team sports history does not have:
  • 26 players, coaches or managers in the hockey hall of fame (I consider a true Bruin someone who was with the team for at least 5 years, otherwise that number is MUCH higher).
  • 10 retired numbers
  • 5 Stanley Cups (9 appearences in the Stanley Cup finals)
  • 62 playoff appearences in 82 seasons of existence
  • The greatest player to ever play the sport also was a Bruin.
I can not look at myself in the mirror and defend how the Bruins have been run for the last 10 years but to call them the "worst organization in team sports history" ranks near the top of one of the most uneducated statements I've ever heard.

Right NOW they are the 2nd worst run team in pro sports (the Blackhawks are worst) but, all time, they are a flagship NHL franchise being ruined by disinterested ownership and horrific management.

My hope is one day Jermey Jacobs will die and someone will run the team the way it should be run.

unifiedtheory said:
Grand words from the all knowing Dominizzo....

The WORST organization in team sports history does not have:
  • 26 players, coaches or managers in the hockey hall of fame (I consider a true Bruin someone who was with the team for at least 5 years, otherwise that number is MUCH higher).
  • 10 retired numbers
  • 5 Stanley Cups (9 appearences in the Stanley Cup finals)
  • 62 playoff appearences in 82 seasons of existence
  • The greatest player to ever play the sport also was a Bruin.
I can not look at myself in the mirror and defend how the Bruins have been run for the last 10 years but to call them the "worst organization in team sports history" ranks near the top of one of the most uneducated statements I've ever heard.

Right NOW they are the 2nd worst run team in pro sports (the Blackhawks are worst) but, all time, they are a flagship NHL franchise being ruined by disinterested ownership and horrific management.

My hope is one day Jermey Jacobs will die and someone will run the team the way it should be run.

Dude u let go of Esposito Thornton!! Franchise players!!! At the time u traded away Allison Murray and got bags of pucks but signed MArty LApointe to 5 milll per!!! Dude please u should be ashamed of the BRuins Organization

dominizzo said:
Dude u let go of Esposito Thornton!! Franchise players!!! At the time u traded away Allison Murray and got bags of pucks but signed MArty LApointe to 5 milll per!!! Dude please u should be ashamed of the BRuins Organization
The Allison trade was brilliant actually...

Allison and Eloranta for Stumpel and Glen Murray.

Esposito for Jean Ratelle and Brad Park was a pretty good deal.

Hindsight is always available when you are talking about trades. Every team makes bad trades...and they make good ones.

How about Craig Janney for Adam Oates?

Barry Pederson for Cam Neely and a first round pick (Glen Wesley)?

Pete Peeters for Brad McCrimmon?

Signing Marty Lapointe was a disaster and I can't say ANYTHING about the Thornton deal that I have not already said in the past. I can't and won't defend the Thornton trade. Mike O'Connell should be jailed for doing something so damned stupid.

Can I defend the moves they have made over the last 2-3 seasons? Nope...I would'nt even try.

Am I happy with the way they are run? No Bruins fan is...we are ALL pissed. What can we do though? Not a damn thing accept, wait for Jeremy Jacobs to die.

Am I ashamed of the organization? Nope...I'm a Bruins fan, always have been always will be. I tried to divorce them this year but I could'nt do it.

YOU said they were the worst pro sports team in history. I gave you reasons why they are NOT. DO NOT try to give me a history lesson on the Boston Bruins....TYVM.

I love ESPN.

Barry Bonds 0-3 with a walk >>> Playoff hockey.

unifiedtheory said:
:confused:
Well, according to Sportscenter, showing Barry Bonds going hitless in 10 minutes of highlights is more important than showing highlights of an NHL playoff game.

I wish most Americans weren't so ignorant to hockey.

By the way, how large is the Bruins payroll? Are they spent up to the cap?

If they retain their young guys, and Hanna pans out, if they pick up a, Redden, Kubina, Chara type of player, they could be a much improved team. Get some secondary scoring and they're a legit contender IMO.

Crisis said:
By the way, how large is the Bruins payroll? Are they spent up to the cap?

If they retain their young guys, and Hanna pans out, if they pick up a, Redden, Kubina, Chara type of player, they could be a much improved team. Get some secondary scoring and they're a legit contender IMO.
By trading Thornton and Sammy their cap is pretty reasonable actually. Because the team is so young they have a bunch of guys playing for less then they are worth. In a few years this will be an issue because of the Bruins history of not wanting to pay anybody but for the time being they are alright.

I think Toivonen will turn out alright and I think Andrew Raycroft still has a future. He was injured all year with nagging stuff. He was rookie of the year and had a great season overseas during the lockout so they are pretty set in goal.

The strength of the organization is on defense. As much as I DESPISE the Thornton trade, Brad Stuart is a pretty functional young defenseman. Hal Gill adjusted well to the new rules and Andrew Alberts played well. They also have Mark Stuart, Milan Jurcina and Matt Lashof coming up through the system.

I'm pretty comfortable with the future on defense. Next year will be interesting and a veteran addition would be nice ( Chara would make me do cart wheeles).

Up front is where it is THIN. Patrice Bergeron is a great young player. He has a future as a 80-100 point player in my opinion. Him and Brad Boyes grew up a lot this year. I think Boyes has 40 golas written all over him. Marco Sturm is a decent player, a good secondary scorer but he has always had injury issues.

After that though there is not a whole lot in the system. The B's may be forced to trade one of their young defense prospects for some experience and size up front.

I would like to say "add some secondary scoring depth in free agency and add a veteran defenseman in free agency and they could, perhaps be a playoff team" but, this is the Bruins.

They won't spend any money and eventually will trade Bergeron and Boyes once they want some money....such is the Bruins way.

unifiedtheory said:
The Allison trade was brilliant actually...

Allison and Eloranta for Stumpel and Glen Murray.

Esposito for Jean Ratelle and Brad Park was a pretty good deal.

Hindsight is always available when you are talking about trades. Every team makes bad trades...and they make good ones.

How about Craig Janney for Adam Oates?

Barry Pederson for Cam Neely and a first round pick (Glen Wesley)?

Pete Peeters for Brad McCrimmon?

Signing Marty Lapointe was a disaster and I can't say ANYTHING about the Thornton deal that I have not already said in the past. I can't and won't defend the Thornton trade. Mike O'Connell should be jailed for doing something so damned stupid.

Can I defend the moves they have made over the last 2-3 seasons? Nope...I would'nt even try.

Am I happy with the way they are run? No Bruins fan is...we are ALL pissed. What can we do though? Not a damn thing accept, wait for Jeremy Jacobs to die.

Am I ashamed of the organization? Nope...I'm a Bruins fan, always have been always will be. I tried to divorce them this year but I could'nt do it.

YOU said they were the worst pro sports team in history. I gave you reasons why they are NOT. DO NOT try to give me a history lesson on the Boston Bruins....TYVM.

I stilll love you Unified!!! But Woow man U must be going crazy with thta horrendous Organization

unifiedtheory said:
By trading Thornton and Sammy their cap is pretty reasonable actually. Because the team is so young they have a bunch of guys playing for less then they are worth. In a few years this will be an issue because of the Bruins history of not wanting to pay anybody but for the time being they are alright.

I think Toivonen will turn out alright and I think Andrew Raycroft still has a future. He was injured all year with nagging stuff. He was rookie of the year and had a great season overseas during the lockout so they are pretty set in goal.

The strength of the organization is on defense. As much as I DESPISE the Thornton trade, Brad Stuart is a pretty functional young defenseman. Hal Gill adjusted well to the new rules and Andrew Alberts played well. They also have Mark Stuart, Milan Jurcina and Matt Lashof coming up through the system.

I'm pretty comfortable with the future on defense. Next year will be interesting and a veteran addition would be nice ( Chara would make me do cart wheeles).

Up front is where it is THIN. Patrice Bergeron is a great young player. He has a future as a 80-100 point player in my opinion. Him and Brad Boyes grew up a lot this year. I think Boyes has 40 golas written all over him. Marco Sturm is a decent player, a good secondary scorer but he has always had injury issues.

After that though there is not a whole lot in the system. The B's may be forced to trade one of their young defense prospects for some experience and size up front.

I would like to say "add some secondary scoring depth in free agency and add a veteran defenseman in free agency and they could, perhaps be a playoff team" but, this is the Bruins.

They won't spend any money and eventually will trade Bergeron and Boyes once they want some money....such is the Bruins way.

Willl they retain Murrray?

Crisis said:
Well, according to Sportscenter, showing Barry Bonds going hitless in 10 minutes of highlights is more important than showing highlights of an NHL playoff game.

I wish most Americans weren't so ignorant to hockey.

I love hockey and i'm a diehard fan but Barry Bonds is a bigger story than the NHL playoffs to most Americans. The NHL needs to gain the casual fan who is more interested in Bonds rather than playoff hockey which is as good as it gets in any sport. The NHL has made a bunch of steps this year to improve the game and make it more fan friendly and more offensive; something that many diehard fans disagree with and complain that the game is becoming too "European." Bettmen basically had to make the moves or the NHL was going to lose what little exposure it got.

On a sidenote the CBC announcers should just wear Senators jerseys while announcing the games.

dominizzo said:
Boston Bruins The worst organization In Team sports History!!!

No way Nizzo....even though us Philly (Flyers) fans hate everything having to do with Boston, including the hated Celtics who have stunk since 1986. But the worse franchise in team sports history has to be the Cardinal's football team.

In my opinion the Arizona Cardinals are the worst sports franchise ever. Let me give you some facts:

* In their 82 (the Cards history unofficially traces back to 1898 as the Racine Street Cardinals) year history (1920-2002), they have had only 25 seasons where they finished over .500. Since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970 they have had only 9 seasons over .500.

* They only have two division championships in their history (1974-1975).

* They do have 2 NFL championships but the last one was in 1947 when they were the Chicago Cardinals. The other championship was in 1925, when they never even played a championship game and edged out the Pottsville Maroons (who????) for the title in the standings.

* They have an ALL TIME playoff record of 2-5. That's right 2-5. In 82 years. The only wins? The 1947 win over the Eagles for the championship 28-21 and a wild card win over the Cowboys in 1998 20-7.

That to me sums up one of the biggest jokes in sports. The Cardinals have been a perrenial loser throughout their entire history. So I submit that this team is the worst ever. :lol:

UT,

Was Peca part of the Neely trade?

Disagree about 2 of your comments

1. Who cares how many jerseys are retired. I think the Jets had 5-6 in only 25 years so it means nothing

2. Orr over 99. I don't think so

wpgfishfan said:
UT,

Was Peca part of the Neely trade?

Disagree about 2 of your comments

1. Who cares how many jerseys are retired. I think the Jets had 5-6 in only 25 years so it means nothing

2. Orr over 99. I don't think so

That was the only thing that cannot be argued. The only player that can be compared to 99 IMHO is 66.

Back
Top Bottom