The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!! | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!!

Welcome To Pominville!!

Sabres To Eastern Conference Finals!!!!!!

Crisis said:
Les Habitants I think. I forget the meaning right now but I know it's something like that. I'll look it up after the Sabres game.

I always forget what it means.

Les Habitants I think means "the People." Those Frenchies are whacko :lol:

So so game but I'm happy with the result. :D

I really like Kotalik, Campbell, Miller, Afinogenov and Drury. Most disappointing was the disinterested looking Vanek and Pyatt for all the praise he received on the board took two stupid penalties and had a turnover almost result in a goal.

The Sabres are in the driver's seat, they match up well versus the Canes and I'll be rooting for them if it ends up that way but I'm still hoping the Devils are coming back.

Pyatt was more than solid all series.

Vanek looked disinterested most of the time. Most Sabres fans are starting to compare him to Satan (which is not a good thing), but he's only a rookie.

Drury is worth every penny, what a playoff performer...Max overall has played poorly in the playoffs...As has Briere, but his point production is there.

Tallinder has been excellent all year though. Mr. Gangbang has finally come around.

Crisis said:
Pyatt was more than solid all series.

Vanek looked disinterested most of the time. Most Sabres fans are starting to compare him to Satan (which is not a good thing), but he's only a rookie.

Drury is worth every penny, what a playoff performer...Max overall has played poorly in the playoffs...As has Briere, but his point production is there.

Tallinder has been excellent all year though. Mr. Gangbang has finally come around.

Vanek looked nowhere near Satan's level tonight. Even a young Satan. And I've been high on Vanek since seeing him tear the AHL up. I mean I realize Miroslav had his faults but Vanek did not look threatening once out there tonight. Say what you want about Miroslav but the man was dangerous especially on the PP. You could write him down for 30 any given year.

Also, I haven't watched every single Sabres game like you but I thought Afinogenov was one of the best out there flying in the zone and causing Chara and that Ottawa defense headaches tonight. Pyatt cost the team a goal with a bonehead penalty and had a giveaway that almost led to another goal. Didn't show me anything offensively either.

I womnder how much money would have been made if someone laid a $100 on the Sabres reaching the Eastern Conferance Finals before the season started.

Pink_Dove said:
Vanek looked nowhere near Satan's level tonight. Even a young Satan. And I've been high on Vanek since seeing him tear the AHL up. I mean I realize Miroslav had his faults but Vanek did not look threatening once out there tonight. Say what you want about Miroslav but the man was dangerous especially on the PP. You could write him down for 30 any given year.

Also, I haven't watched every single Sabres game like you but I thought Afinogenov was one of the best out there flying in the zone and causing Chara and that Ottawa defense headaches tonight. Pyatt cost the team a goal with a bonehead penalty and had a giveaway that almost led to another goal. Didn't show me anything offensively either.

Satan had 18 goals & 17 asts for 35 pts his rookie year with a +/- of 0.

Vanek had 25 goals & 23 ast for 48 pts with a +/- of -11.

I wouldn't say the comparison is too far off. Actually when I say that about Satan I mean his last year as a Sabre, when he was a floater and gave up. Vanek is showing that.

Crisis said:
Satan had 18 goals & 17 asts for 35 pts his rookie year with a +/- of 0.

Vanek had 25 goals & 23 ast for 48 pts with a +/- of -11.

I wouldn't say the comparison is too far off. Actually when I say that about Satan I mean his last year as a Sabre, when he was a floater and gave up. Vanek is showing that.

Miro was a locker-room cancer I believe and many players wanted him out. Vanek needs more time I know most Sabres fans have been waiting since Mogilny/LaFontaine to have one of the top offensive players in the league and we're putting alot of pressure on him. He's a rookie, I remember everybody writing off Connolly and I think when healthy he's the best Sabres player.

djfresh47 said:
Miro was a locker-room cancer I believe and many players wanted him out. Vanek needs more time I know most Sabres fans have been waiting since Mogilny/LaFontaine to have one of the top offensive players in the league and we're putting alot of pressure on him. He's a rookie, I remember everybody writing off Connolly and I think when healthy he's the best Sabres player.

Vanek is a rare talent.

HOWEVER if he's going to do anything in this league he needs to buy into Ruff's system, learn to play both ways, stop floating.

He's showed when he wants to, he can be physical and use his body. He was great at times in front of the net. He just needs to put it all together to become great.

Fortunately his bad play in the playoffs so far hasn't effected us too much because of our great depth.

I have faith that he can turn it around, but RIGHT now, we need people who can do well for us in the playoffs, and he looks disinterested.

Because right now we have more players here are willing to work their *** off in both zones that we have the luxury of being able to bench him when he's playing bad.

He hasn't been great in the postseason, anyone who's watched him can see the lack of effort for most of the series. He was better tonight, but overall his play has been nothing short of bad.

Crisis said:
Vanek is a rare talent.

HOWEVER if he's going to do anything in this league he needs to buy into Ruff's system, learn to play both ways, stop floating.

He's showed when he wants to, he can be physical and use his body. He was great at times in front of the net. He just needs to put it all together to become great.

Fortunately his bad play in the playoffs so far hasn't effected us too much because of our great depth.

I have faith that he can turn it around, but RIGHT now, we need people who can do well for us in the playoffs, and he looks disinterested.

I think he was in the game for offense. Novotny is a safe play and won't kill the team though he's not nearly as talented as Vanek. I hope Connolly will be back at somepoint but I think he's done for the playoffs; concussions are nothing to mess around with and i'm having doubts whether he can come back at all. I'm rooting for the Devils to win game 5 and 6 and hopefully give guys some time to rest up. A forgotten man who I think played pretty well for the Sabres when he was in the lineup was Denis Paille. Rory took two boneheaded penalties although the officiating was pathetic tonite. Mike Schoop of WGR liked Buffalo/Anaheim as his cup prediction before the playoffs and I think he maybe right. I don't know if MSG will carry the conference finals but it'll be nice to hear CBC announcers with out an extreme bias if that's what I have to watch the games on.

Crisis said:
Because right now we have more players here are willing to work their *** off in both zones that we have the luxury of being able to bench him when he's playing bad.

He hasn't been great in the postseason, anyone who's watched him can see the lack of effort for most of the series. He was better tonight, but overall his play has been nothing short of bad.

Taylor Pyatt was wildly inconsistent with effort during the season. In the playoffs since he's gotten the opportunity I think he's played extremely well. As much as i've ripped on Darcy for not making moves or bringing in washed up players at the deadline he's made some spectacular moves. J.P. was a throw in if I recall in the Gilmour deal, he brought in Briere, Hecht, Drury. He gave up Peca for Pyatt/Connolly and neither were very good before this season but the guy has been a very good GM and often criticized by Sabres fans.

Back
Top Bottom