The Official OTA Talk Thread!!! | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official OTA Talk Thread!!!

thanks for the pictures!!! man it gets me pumped up!!!

it also gets me missing double sessions and playing myself... lets go PHINS!!!

anyone have any words on the workouts??? and new news???

Doubtful you hear anything until the media session on Monday

No news is good news right now. You only would hear about injuries

Doubtful you hear anything until the media session on Monday

No news is good news right now. You only would hear about injuries

true that with the injuries.... yeah, i hate the closed practices, but its better that way for the team and players!!!

I like the shorts they are wearing and am in need of some new gym gear, so I went to the online team store, saw $75, laughed, and now heading to Amazon. $75 for gym shorts... :bobdole:
Yeah I wanted to get some of those too but that number is not justifiable at all

Sucks about Clady. It's always stressful this time of year wondering about who may get hurt before the season even starts. I try not to think about it, but it's impossible when you see headlines like that. PLEASE stay healthy Miami.

I hope Tannehill is building chemistry with his receivers after OTA's too. Getting the new guys dialed up quickly is very important with our winnable early schedule.

Not sure what Winston has to do with anything? Pretty sure I didn't bring him up (in fact I didn't even bring up Marino either)...

and all of my comparison for Marino were to "his time" in the NFL...his era.

Anyways, I tried to move on from this discussion as some were complaining that the thread was being muddled by this particular topic...and anything I said on Marino was based on a question I was asked about him. If you would like to continue this back and forth I would be more then happy to do so in the Depths or another forum/thread that didn't detract from the current team.
This is nothing but subterfuge. You are internally inconsistent with your analysis.

Sigh. Oh well. Guess you couldn't answer after all.

No problem, just a lot of cut and paste...

I hope Tannehill is building chemistry with his receivers after OTA's too. Getting the new guys dialed up quickly is very important with our winnable early schedule.

This is nothing but subterfuge. You are internally inconsistent with your analysis.

I'll assume you missed posts 300 and 303, which may have just gotten lost in all the on-topic discussion going on since. Summary: please drop it or start another thread to discuss Tannehill. I'm really trying everything within my power to not hand out warnings and infractions for it, so please, for the love of god and everybody else's sanity, stop.

25314e8871656c5afc1cea6ef6487b4976f23bdf7130c1213f0e71aa8e1ee1ac.jpg

OK...Gonzo asked me to move on and I was respecting his wishes, like I said, if you want to continue the discussion in another thread related to Tannehill or Marino I will be happy to oblige.

I
Sometimes I still find it hard to believe we added Kenny Stills, Devante Parker, and Greg Jennings in one off season.

During fhe Ireland years his big "splash" at WR were guys like Legadu Naanee.

Amen! This team looks STACKED on O if you cover your eyes when you get to the guard position. Hopefully Turner and someone else rise to the occasion.

I

Amen! This team looks STACKED on O if you cover your eyes when you get to the guard position. Hopefully Turner and someone else rise to the occasion.

As much as i love Billy Turner and was estatic when i saw his card come up in the draft, i have doubts. BILLY is no guard. He is a tackle through and through. They are forcing him into a position he isnt experienced at and flopping him to a side he didnt play. For gods sake, if your going to change a guys position, at least give him the side he is used too (and acceled at).

It was apperant to me right off he was in a bad situation here. They had just selected Ju'wan James at rt tackle 3 rounds earlier and had given zillions to Brandon Albert for lt. So i'm thinking ok, he is going to be a back up tackle for a while. Then, they start in with the "he's a guard now" nonsense and i knew he was in a bad spot. He said before the draft that he would play any position a team asked him to but he didnt think guard suited his talents.

And i agree. I am afraid this experiment by philbin is going to go south and Turner will be benched and labled a bust. And speaking of philbin......... .

He loves him some Dallas Thomas and i think no matter what, he has Thomas starting day one meaning in truth, there is only one guard spot open and Turner will be battling it out with Jamil Douglas who has played guard all but his senior year and is a natural, zbs guard. Not looking good for Billy!!

I just hope they keep him as a back up tackle and not chit can him because they goofed thinking he was a guard. Maybe Turner surprises and wins the spot but Douglas is a natural guard and has played it all but one year of playing football. He isnt being forced into a new position. We need quality depth at tackle as well and i think Turner, if he gets a full shot, will be an excellent nfl tackle.

A couple of things:

Turner is a smart kid with a strong work ethic - that combination has become a must for players to be invited to be given a shot to be on this team.

Turner is a "mauler" so that's his a appeal. It will be hard to see if he can make a transition to the guard position until the contact begins.

What a strange thing with Dallas Thomas. Guys who know football (not me) on this site consistently report fundamental physical limitations to Thomas and yet somehow he is like the monster in the movie that keeps popping up in the next scene (thought he was dead already).

That said, when he has failed in the past so obviously, Joe (weekend at Bernie's) Philbin has had to pull him. We will have players behind him or go spend some money or make a trade and get some more ammunition.

This team, if it stays healthy can really be good.

Problem is, the AFC East is gonna be very good all the way through!

As much as i love Billy Turner and was estatic when i saw his card come up in the draft, i have doubts. BILLY is no guard. He is a tackle through and through. They are forcing him into a position he isnt experienced at and flopping him to a side he didnt play. For gods sake, if your going to change a guys position, at least give him the side he is used too (and acceled at).

It was apperant to me right off he was in a bad situation here. They had just selected Ju'wan James at rt tackle 3 rounds earlier and had given zillions to Brandon Albert for lt. So i'm thinking ok, he is going to be a back up tackle for a while. Then, they start in with the "he's a guard now" nonsense and i knew he was in a bad spot. He said before the draft that he would play any position a team asked him to but he didnt think guard suited his talents.

And i agree. I am afraid this experiment by philbin is going to go south and Turner will be benched and labled a bust. And speaking of philbin......... .

He loves him some Dallas Thomas and i think no matter what, he has Thomas starting day one meaning in truth, there is only one guard spot open and Turner will be battling it out with Jamil Douglas who has played guard all but his senior year and is a natural, zbs guard. Not looking good for Billy!!

I just hope they keep him as a back up tackle and not chit can him because they goofed thinking he was a guard. Maybe Turner surprises and wins the spot but Douglas is a natural guard and has played it all but one year of playing football. He isnt being forced into a new position. We need quality depth at tackle as well and i think Turner, if he gets a full shot, will be an excellent nfl tackle.

What a strange thing with Dallas Thomas. Guys who know football (not me) on this site consistently report fundamental physical limitations to Thomas and yet somehow he is like the monster in the movie that keeps popping up in the next scene (thought he was dead already).

Seems to be a recurring theme among guys named D.Thomas (Daniel Thomas, Dallas Thomas).

Back
Top Bottom