the official senior bowl week discussion thread... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official senior bowl week discussion thread...

Courtney Upshaw comes in 6014 (read: 6 feet, 1.5 inches) and 273 lbs.

I'm not bothered at all. For the player he is, that's a good size. Think how incredibly well he moves and accelerates at 270+ lbs of weight. That's a beast of a player. I have no issue drafting him at #8 or #9 but Jeff Ireland and his prototyping may disagree.

Some big winners so far include Mike Adams and George Iloka. Iloka came in 6035 (which will get him listed 6'4" on the program guides) and 222 lbs. HUGE. Shades of Kam Chancellor. And this is a guy that makes plays out there too, so teams will take note.

I think Kirk Cousins showing up at 6022 is a minor win for him. I thought there was a possibility he showed up under 6'2". But being only 209 lbs kind of re-emphasizes some size concerns I have for him, and as Slimm says, I've seen enough on tape to know: 1) He's not very likely to impress me in this setting, 2) Even if he does I'm not sure it matters.

Cam Johnson at 6036 and 267 lbs is a win. He has a linebacker build but a jumbo linebacker. There have been some complaints about a soft mid section but I think that you get him into an NFL program and that'll cure that quickly.

upshaw does move damn well for that 273 lbs...he carries that weight well...i still think the height is gonna hurt him though...and i definitely don't like using top 20 picks on a cbs to play the boundary who are 5 ft 9...thats a no go for me...all these jumbo wrs in the league 5 ft 9 is nickle cb size for me

i like tall boundary corners...

Upshaw needs to shed about 10 pounds before the combine. Either way, he's a guaranteed stud.

Cousins reminds me of another QB that people passed over that played in the same state. I know I know...just saying. I like the kid.

Brian Hoyer.

LOL. Good one. That is funny.

Brian Hoyer could be a wanted man in FA this year though...Michael Lombardi likes him.

Back to Kirk Cousins...I LOVE his character. Been in a pro system. Has been through highs and lows. Ton of experience. He is a day three guy so do not get me wrong. However, I love both Big 10 QB's in Wilson and Cousins.

This will be a fun week to watch the QB's nonetheless.

Tony Bergstrom with those barely over 31" arms is getting kicked inside.

Right now IF we stay 3-4, I have come around to thinking Courtney Upshaw is the pick. I like Nick Perry, but Upshaw is better. Kendall Wright is an explosive threat I like...

Dwayne Allen is way too early, but what a threat for this team in the hash area.

Coples is way too big to play LB in any scheme. 6'6 281?

Right now IF we stay 3-4, I have come around to thinking Courtney Upshaw is the pick. I like Nick Perry, but Upshaw is better. Kendall Wright is an explosive threat I like...

Dwayne Allen is way too early, but what a threat for this team in the hash area.

I like Upshaw alot. I havent seen too much of Coples though that is why I asked. I really like Janoris Jenkins (not at 8-9), but his height measurement will certainly hurt his stock. Still, if he is there at Rd 2, I would run up the card.

Back
Top Bottom