The official start Skylar Thompson thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official start Skylar Thompson thread

I called it in April when they took Thompson…he will be amazing….coaches like McD just get real stubborn - so don’t expect SKylar to sniff the field - but he needed to give SKylar a chance tonight to see…next week too but do not count on that…..

Skylar isn't starting......Bridgewater is who they will roll with. If Teddy goes down, you will see him....
You're right but it's the hard-headed "that's the way things have always been" mentality when it comes to potentially "losing the locker room" by starting a rookie over a journeyman vet.

It's lame but I guess "that's just the way it is"...

I seriously cannot fathom the idea of watching Teddy for another 13 games. Sucks bc Skylar won’t start for another month at least
Why not? Coaches get so stubborn - give SKylar a series see what happens

The constant pushing of Skylar Thompson on FH makes me wonder if the people doing the promotion are related to Skylar or the work of his agent. There appears to be an agenda. BTW - I thought that Teddy did pretty well under the circumstances tonight.

Or you haven't paid close attention to Skylar Thompson. We know what Teddy is and Skylar can not be worse. If you pay attention to Skylar then you will clearly see he has way more upside than Teddy. By all accounts Skylar out played Teddy in camp and in pre season and the only reason Teddy is listed at the #2 is because he's making more money and he's a veteran.

Why not? Coaches get so stubborn - give SKylar a series see what happens
I’m with you. But like you said, coaches are so set in there ways.. no way they’ll play a 7th round rookie, even though he’s built like Herbert

I’m all in on this Teddy is just bad seemed like he just zeroed in on hill every pass and when passing to others couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. Let BigSky air it out. He outplayed the crap out of everyone in preseason he earned his spot over Bridgewater. Teddy is a great leader and tremendous sideline presence but cannot play at this level after all his injuries.

Waddle played like absolute **** tonight.

Teddy was.... average to below average. Were lucky were entering a weak part of the schedule.

I prey Tua is back in a month or so. My guess is 3 weeks probably.

It's not even that Teddy sucks or doesn't. McD CLEARLY doesn't trust him, or at least didn't tonight.

They have 10 days to get one of these 2 guys ready to run a real NFL offense and not that wannstedt garbage we saw in the 2nd half
I saw it a little differently. To me, it looked more like Teddy was unsure of the playbook. It seemed like he didn't really know the offense more than being put on a short leash.

Or you haven't paid close attention to Skylar Thompson. We know what Teddy is and Skylar can not be worse. If you pay attention to Skylar then you will clearly see he has way more upside than Teddy. By all accounts Skylar out played Teddy in camp and in pre season and the only reason Teddy is listed at the #2 is because he's making more money and he's a veteran.
Why can't Skylar be worse? How do you know he isn't worse? He has looked promising in pre-season, but to my knowledge has never thrown a pass in a regular season NFL game.

Hey, for all I know he could be a future hall of famer........but I would just be guessing, sort of like all of you are doing. He could also suck. Why don't we let the kid learn from the veterans a little bit and if Tua is going to be out for a period of time, he will get an opportunity at some point

The constant pushing of Skylar Thompson on FH makes me wonder if the people doing the promotion are related to Skylar or the work of his agent. There appears to be an agenda. BTW - I thought that Teddy did pretty well under the circumstances tonight.
Or we just know that Teddy Bridgewater isn't a good QB from years of watching him already and Skylar looks like he had something in pre season

Back
Top Bottom