The official start Skylar Thompson thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official start Skylar Thompson thread

The constant pushing of Skylar Thompson on FH makes me wonder if the people doing the promotion are related to Skylar or the work of his agent. There appears to be an agenda. BTW - I thought that Teddy did pretty well under the circumstances tonight.
where do you get your weed at? Asking for a friend.

I think ultimately the money they have invested in Teddy will dictate who plays. However, I hope they at the very least have an open competition for the job at practice over the long break.

I’m excited about Skylar’s future as anyone. Maybe though it makes more sense to see how Teddy does with a week’s worth of first team reps .

We’ll know where Coach McD’s head is at based on how or even if those reps are split.

All I know is I saw Skylar outplay Teddy in pre season with the same level of competition by a long shot. Nobody is saying he is the next Tom Brady and comment about not resting hope on a 7th round pick is just ignorant. The only thing Teddy has going for him is experience but we all know what we have with him. Skylar is still an unknown but what he has shown is promising. I trust McDanial knows what he is doing so I trust whatever decision he makes, but yes, I wouldn't mind seeing what we have with Skylar during real action.

Be careful about what you are all wishing for. The season is by far not over, if we were 0-4 things would be different. Teddy is not spectacular but he does have 6 years of experience playing QB in the NFL. He is a game manager, just what we need right now to get us through a few games. Skylar has ZERO experience facing top-tier defenses/players. He has not been introduced to the exotic scheme blitzes and complicated coverages he will undoubtedly see. He did not play against any of that in the pre-season, he played against scrubs and vanilla defenses. He seems to have the physical traits to play but his ability to read and comprehend complex defensive schemes is far behind what Teddy has, and that is why Teddy will play. Throwing Skylar in there "to see what he has" is akin to throwing in the towel. We're 3-1 and currently, in first place and I for one am not ready to throw in the towel and I'm sure McDaniel isn't either. Teddy is the correct decision at this point in time. We need to play to win and keep pace until Tua returns.

Be careful about what you are all wishing for. The season is by far not over, if we were 0-4 things would be different. Teddy is not spectacular but he does have 6 years of experience playing QB in the NFL. He is a game manager, just what we need right now to get us through a few games. Skylar has ZERO experience facing top-tier defenses/players. He has not been introduced to the exotic scheme blitzes and complicated coverages he will undoubtedly see. He did not play against any of that in the pre-season, he played against scrubs and vanilla defenses. He seems to have the physical traits to play but his ability to read and comprehend complex defensive schemes is far behind what Teddy has, and that is why Teddy will play. Throwing Skylar in there "to see what he has" is akin to throwing in the towel. We're 3-1 and currently, in first place and I for one am not ready to throw in the towel and I'm sure McDaniel isn't either. Teddy is the correct decision at this point in time. We need to play to win and keep pace until Tua returns.

Yeah you are right, but the thing about Teddy is he doesn't really win games. So how are the fins going to do that now? We have no real alpha RB and our OL is pretty weak still. We simply may not have that QB on our roster, which is a failure by the FO.

If I was Grier I would consider drafting another QB with that SF pick simply because Tua is injury prone and we essentially don't have the running game to support a mediocre QB like Teddy.

It hurts to see Tua get hurt because he is such a likable guy. But it also tanks our offense currently.

Yeah you are right, but the thing about Teddy is he doesn't really win games. So how are the fins going to do that now? We have no real alpha RB and our OL is pretty weak still. We simply may not have that QB on our roster, which is a failure by the FO.

If I was Grier I would consider drafting another QB with that SF pick simply because Tua is injury prone and we essentially don't have the running game to support a mediocre QB like Teddy.

It hurts to see Tua get hurt because he is such a likable guy. But it also tanks our offense currently.
Teddy has a 56% win percentage, not great but not terrible. Let's say he plays 4 games and goes 2-2 (which we are now entering a softer spot in our schedule) we would still be 5-3 upon Tua's return. Of course, that's speculation but also achievable. He has weapons to throw to, the likes of which he's never had before. They get open, he'll have more space to throw. Practicing all week with the first string O will prepare him for the Jets and McDaniel will cater the playcalling around his skillset. Let's see how prepared he is after 11 days. He just needs to manage the games and not make mistakes. Our defense is bend but doesn't break and often comes up big in times of need so they should keep the games close. We're not screwed yet, it's early in the season...

I’m okay with Bridgewater starting against the Jets but he should be on an extremely short leash.

And if Skylar gets on the field his leash should be just as short for that matter.
I'm thinking that is what will happen. Both Grier and McDanial are pretty high on Skylar, the only thing he is lacking is real NFL game experience and there is only one way to get that. We shall see what happens, I believe Tua will miss the next two game.

This is going to be at best case a long term issue with Tua 😢 I really fear this is the beginning of the end with him. 😭

So, we know what Teddy is, he is not going to turn into a top 15 QB, thats for sure. On the other hand, we may have something with Skylar. The only way to know this is by playing him. I think the season might be over anyway, so learning if we may have a future with Skylar is a must. And giving some kind of hope to us the fans also.

Back
Top Bottom