The official start Skylar Thompson thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official start Skylar Thompson thread

As a HS coach, I hate these types of comments.

Coaches are coaching for their livelihood every damn day.

They see more of the players than you do every damn day.

But, a coach is stubborn if he doesn’t do what you want? Ok.

Kind of off-topic, but I really dislike this line of argument. I've met people from all walks of life, in lots of professions, who will do the dumbest, most stubborn **** imaginable, even when it does indeed cost them their livelihood.

My observation of football coaches is that they're probably worse than usual in this regard.

Hate to see Tua go down, doesn't look good. Teddy sucks so it's officially Skylar Thompson season!
Good God
How many dumb statements can you make in a 24 hour period
You should bury your head back into your Madden football, it’ll be more realistic for you

Why can't Skylar be worse? How do you know he isn't worse? He has looked promising in pre-season, but to my knowledge has never thrown a pass in a regular season NFL game.

Hey, for all I know he could be a future hall of famer........but I would just be guessing, sort of like all of you are doing. He could also suck. Why don't we let the kid learn from the veterans a little bit and if Tua is going to be out for a period of time, he will get an opportunity at some point

McDaniel clearly values Thompson and we saw him out perform teddy already so yes I'm more confident or hopeful with Thompson than Teddy based on McDaniels action of keeping Thompson on the 53 and activating him last night.

You feeling better about putting your hopes for the season on Teddy Bridgewater? Lol

Look McDaniel kept the 7th round rookie for a reason and activated him for a reason.
Maybe the reason is he believes he can develop into a good backup maybe he even believes he can develop into a good starter that doesn’t negate the fact that right now he is a rookie QB who was picked in the 7th round for a reason.

Maybe the reason is he believes he can develop into a good backup maybe he even believes he can develop into a good starter that doesn’t negate the fact that right now he is a rookie QB who was picked in the 7th round for a reason.

Gotcha so you liked what you saw from teddy last night? Teddy has been immediately replaced everywhere he's been for a reason .

Gotcha so you liked what you saw from teddy last night? Teddy has been immediately replaced everywhere he's been for a reason .
I don’t think Teddy played terrible. He played like I would expect most backups to play. Like a non starter. Unless he Ray Lucases the next couple of games I trust him more than the guy whose career high for TDs in a season was 12 in college.

If I'm putting my hopes for the season on a 7th round rookie QB then I'm going to need to switch from beer to crack cocaine.
Well years ago the Rams put their faith in a supermarket shelf stocker and that kinda worked out

I’m definitely not a Bridgewater fan, but I feel its fair to see how he does vs the Jets. If he performs well then keep him in but if not, at least try Skylar because might as well see if he is that diamond in the rough. Tom Brady got his when bledsomuch got hurt. I’m also guessing it will have a lot to do with the extent of Tuas injury. If he can come back sooner than later then its got to be Bridgewater but if not then the season would essentially be lost as I don’t see our #2 getting us to the playoffs.

🙏 for Tua

Watching Tua's offense to Bridgewater's offense is like eating bacon and eggs or cold mush. What I saw last night from Bridgewater was barely palatable. Although he did connect with The Cheetah for a long bomb, the offense seemed to lack the crispness I was getting used to with Tua. That said, as much as I like Skylar's energy better, McDaniel probably went with Bridgewater for his experience as NFL defenses usually carve up rookies like a Thanksgiving turkey. I am going to try and trust McDaniel on this if Bridgewater is the guy. I thought McDaniel did a great job with Tua and although we don't have the luxury of time I will be interested in seeing if he can hone any underlying skills Bridgewater possesses. It's going to take time, so our defense is going to have to hold down the fort. Hopefully, they can get rested and treatment with the extra days we have until our next game. We are 3-1 and still in this thing. There is time to recover from the loss of Tua and get back on track.

Teddy played totally fine. Better than most backups, better than a 7th round rookie would. He’ll be even better with an extended week of practice as the #1

Back
Top Bottom