The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread

raysjays7ap-1.jpg

1-0

:mdfin:

news from up north via fl...

Right-hander A.J. Burnett threw his final tuneup yesterday morning against Lakeland in a single-A game with Dunedin.
In four innings, Burnett allowed two runs on six hits, struck out four, didn't walk a batter and threw 55 pitches.
Burnett is on the disabled list because of scar tissue tearing apart in his surgically repaired right elbow last month. He will rejoin the Jays and will make his debut for the club on Saturday in Chicago against the White Sox.

how's this for starting off the season...

The Jays play Boston eight times, visit the defending World Series champion Chicago White Sox for three, play the New York Yankees five times and the Los Angeles Angels four before May 9. And then they get the Oakland A's...

With Troy Glaus, Roy Halladay and BJ Ryan on my fantasy team i'm sort of in a position to root for the Jays to do well, and honestly i think they are a solid 87-90+ win team. It will be tough to win the AL East with Boston and New York in there of course, but i hate both those teams much more than i hate the Jays (even though that punk Joe Carter shattered my dreams in 93) so i do hope they do well.

here's a stat - with toronto's 10-5 win over the yanks last night - randy johnson lost his first game ever with a 4 run lead... 145-1 :eek:

nice to see roy halladay back to form - back to back complete game wins earned him player of the week - so far he is on the season 5-1 with a 2.74 ERA - good news on the chacin front - what thought to be 2 games out and a trip to the disabled list looks more and more like just missing 1 start - chacin is also 5-1 this year - josh towers finally picks up his 1st win this year :woot: :whew: believe it or not, towers led the staff last year in innings and victories... alex rios not on the all-star ballot :eek: - here's a guy who sits among the american league leaders in batting average, slugging and on-base percentage - all said the jays are only 2.5 games back of first despite burnett m.i.a., halladay and chacin missing starts, adams struggling at s.s. and hill batting under .200 as the replacement to orlando hudson

d-day said:
news from up north via fl...

Right-hander A.J. Burnett threw his final tuneup yesterday morning against Lakeland in a single-A game with Dunedin.
In four innings, Burnett allowed two runs on six hits, struck out four, didn't walk a batter and threw 55 pitches.
Burnett is on the disabled list because of scar tissue tearing apart in his surgically repaired right elbow last month. He will rejoin the Jays and will make his debut for the club on Saturday in Chicago against the White Sox.

and he'll be hurt again a month later!

Great game tonight Jays 8 Angels 4. Frasor did a great job, looks like he's over his bad start. It seems the trip to Syracuse was good for him. Go Jays

t.o.dolphin said:
Great game tonight Jays 8 Angels 4. Frasor did a great job, looks like he's over his bad start. It seems the trip to Syracuse was good for him. Go Jays

4-4, bottom of the ninth, 1 out, man on 1st and 3rd and he pitches out of the jam... - frasor has some nasty stuff - jays 1 game out of first :up:

The Jays lineup is loaded. Maybe the best in baseball. Left handed pitchers have no shot against them.

BJ Ryan is a stud. That AJ Burnett signing though was a huge mistake. Might be the move that holds them back unless he returns and pitches at a very high level.

d-day said:
4-4, bottom of the ninth, 1 out, man on 1st and 3rd and he pitches out of the jam... - frasor has some nasty stuff - jays 1 game out of first :up:

I agree he does have some nasty stuff. Hopefully they will continue the good play in Colorado this weekend.

MikeO said:
The Jays lineup is loaded. Maybe the best in baseball. Left handed pitchers have no shot against them.

BJ Ryan is a stud. That AJ Burnett signing though was a huge mistake. Might be the move that holds them back unless he returns and pitches at a very high level.

it's funny because the jays early success was riding a lot on the addition of a.j. - so far they're 1 game out of 1st entirely without him - the way i see it, the addition of a healthy burnett to the starting line-up is nothing but a bonus - his replacement in the starting line-up casey janssen pitched an 8 inning 2 hitter the other night - he threw first-pitch strikes to 12 of the 26 batters he faced - coach gibbons calls him a strike throwing machine

d-day said:

I was at that game. What a joke! man on 3rd w/ 1 or no outs back to back innings and you cant bring him home! WTF is that. The squeeze attempt was just a bad call imo, Napolli was 3-3, let him swing damnit.

Back
Top Bottom