The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread

what's up sporty don - been a long time bro... :hi5:

notes about up north from down south...

Notes: Toronto left-hander Gustavo Chacin will make a minor-league rehab start this Thursday before returning to the Blue Jays' rotation next Tuesday, May 30, against the Boston Red Sox. Chacin (strained ulnar collateral ligament) will likely work between three and five innings for triple-A Syracuse on Thursday. . . . Shortstop Russ Adams made his 10th error of the season in the second inning. He was replaced by John MacDonald in the seventh. . . . Roy Halladay (5-1, 3.04 ERA) will try to avenge his only loss of the season on Tuesday when he faces the Devil Rays. His opponent will be former Blue Jays pitcher Mark Hendrickson (3-3, 3.57 ERA).

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/Toronto/2006/05/22/1592457-cp.html

I heard this on the rumor mill:
Shea Hillenbrand for Adam Kennedy (2nd baseman of the Angels) any thoughts or opinions on this deal Blue Jay fans?

Ray Finkle said:
Shea Hillenbrand for Adam Kennedy (2nd baseman of the Angels) any thoughts or opinions on this deal Blue Jay fans?

interesting idea for sure - with glaus at third and overbay at first, shane has been dh-ing a lot and has made comments about his unhappiness with it - he's been on an absolute tear as of late especially starting off slow this season - the jays still have eric hinske without a position who would dh and back-up glaus and overbay if they do this trade - nice what a bigger payroll can do for you - last year at this time they wouldn't have batted an eye at this idea and would've kept developing hill and adams regardless of the consequences of a learning curve - food for thought though - last year they threw rios out there and it's paying off in spades this year, however, i don't think we can consider hill or adams the prospect rios was even if they were both 1st round picks...

Ray Finkle said:

Hey dday, long time indeed. How's it goin?

Angels need a reliable bat other than Vlad. I like Kennedy, but something needs to happen. You guys want Weaver also....please

DonShula84 said:
Hey dday, long time indeed. How's it goin?

Angels need a reliable bat other than Vlad. I like Kennedy, but something needs to happen. You guys want Weaver also....please

how many games you catch with the jays? where did you hear about weaver?

d-day said:
how many games you catch with the jays? where did you hear about weaver?

I went to the first and last game. I didnt hear anything about Weaver, I just want to get rid of him lol

DonShula84 said:
I went to the first and last game. I didnt hear anything about Weaver, I just want to get rid of him lol

:lol: - we'll give you josh towers

Nappy Roots said:
you should keep cy towers and start him against the rays every ****in game.

:lol: you get your wish tomorrow, naps :boohoo:

t.o.dolphin said:
Good win for the Jays tonight. Roy was as great as always.

he came within one out of his 3rd complete game this year - he was an absolute machine tonight after the 3rd inning and extended his unbeaten streak to 7 games - alex rios leading the league right now with a .353 avaerage - vernon wells and shea hillenbrand are 9th and 11th and the jays are now back to 2 games out of 1st :yes:

bits and pieces about the latest news up north from down south...

Josh Towers' shortest start of the season will be his last with the Toronto Blue Jays for a while. Towers allowed four runs in just 1 1-3 innings Wednesday as the Tampa Bay Devil Rays defeated Toronto 10-8 on Wednesday to salvage the final game of their three-game series. After the game, Towers was outrighted to triple-A Syracuse. Also demoted was sophomore shortstop Russ Adams, who has been plagued by defensive struggles the past three weeks. Adams, who has 10 errors this season, was optioned to Syracuse to "clear his head," said manager John Gibbons.

Rookie Ty Taubenheim takes Towers' spot in the Blue Jays' rotation. Journeyman infielder Luis Figueroa will likely be called up to take Adams' spot, backing up veteran John MacDonald at shortstop.

Gibbons said Adams will get some time at second base at Syracuse. "It might be a little easier place for him to play," he said. Gibbons was evasive when asked whether Aaron Hill might move to shortstop once Adams returns...

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/Toronto/2006/04/26/1550512-ap.html

Unable to pry Adam Kennedy from the Los Angeles Angels, the Blue Jays are taking a flier with veteran Edgardo Alfonzo. The Jays yesterday signed Alfonzo to a minor-league contract -- he will report to double-A New Hampshire -- to see if he can re-discover his touch at second base. In the mean time, Glaus got the start tonight at ss with Hillenbrand starting at third. Gustavo Chacin returns on Tuesday against Boston.

15 hits against the White Sox tonight - Alex Rios with 3 hits to raise his league-leading average to .364 - Lilly with 7 strikeouts - better lookout N.Y. and Boston... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom