The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread

d-day said:
15 hits against the White Sox tonight - Alex Rios with 3 hits to raise his league-leading average to .364 - Lilly with 7 strikeouts - better lookout N.Y. and Boston... :wink:

I didn't know you were a Blue Jays fan d-day(how are you doing btw d-day),heck the Jays are starting to look like Angels North :wink: j/k(Molina,Schoenweis and Glaus by way of Arizona).I was very upset we let Bengie get away from us,you've got a helluva good catcher now and a clutch hitter.I'd bet the farm that A.K.(Kennedy) won't be back with my Halos next year(too much minor league/young talent. I'd say most likely Erick Aybar will get the nod for us at 2B next season.For what it's worth my Halos have had a sh***y start this season:(,but nobody in the West has taken advantage of our poor start(we have a lot of injuries,but I don't like to use that for an excuse).I think we will still win our division.

D-DAY I thank you for making this thread I think I tried to make one last year and got laughed at by the Yankees and Red Sox fans! Expect me to be posting in here a lot more when I get the chance but I did not see the game tonight!

If we get a salary cap in the MLB I think the Jays will rise to the top of there division again. J.P Ricardi is such a great GM!

d-day said:
Unable to pry Adam Kennedy from the Los Angeles Angels, the Blue Jays are taking a flier with veteran Edgardo Alfonzo. The Jays yesterday signed Alfonzo to a minor-league contract -- he will report to double-A New Hampshire -- to see if he can re-discover his touch at second base. In the mean time, Glaus got the start tonight at ss with Hillenbrand starting at third. Gustavo Chacin returns on Tuesday against Boston.

Damn, I liked the idea of adding Hillenbrand

Interesting article, doesnt sound like Toronto offered a trade for AK yet

Where does that leave Kennedy? Toronto Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi would like Kennedy's smooth glove to shore up a shaky middle infield. Ricciardi signed Angels castoff Edgardo Alfonzo to a minor-league deal Thursday, but that looks like a stop-gap solution.

Whether Ricciardi makes a trade proposal or waits until free agency arrives is the question. The Angels covet two of Ricciardi's potentially available hitters, infielder Shea Hillenbrand and outfielder Eric Hinske.

Meanwhile, a Boston Red Sox scout was dispatched to get a fresh look at Angels players. Stoneman flatly rejected a swap of Ramirez for Scot Shields, Chone Figgins, Howie Kendrick and Brandon Wood four months ago, but could the Ramirez talks revive? Stoneman didn't expect his team to rank No.12 of 14 AL teams in runs scored, as it does now.

In addition to Kennedy and the minor-leaguers, the Angels could have pitching to deal. Bartolo Colon is expected back in about 10 days, and 2004 first-round pick Jered Weaver is knocking on the door at Triple-A.

If those players join the Angels rotation, Jeff Weaver, Jered's older brother, could be made available. Or if the Angels decide to make a bold stab, perhaps they'd listen to offers for another upcoming free agent, Kelvim Escobar.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/abox/article_1157262.php

PHINATIC13 said:
I didn't know you were a Blue Jays fan d-day(how are you doing btw d-day),heck the Jays are starting to look like Angels North :wink: j/k(Molina,Schoenweis and Glaus by way of Arizona).I was very upset we let Bengie get away from us,you've got a helluva good catcher now and a clutch hitter.I'd bet the farm that A.K.(Kennedy) won't be back with my Halos next year(too much minor league/young talent. I'd say most likely Erick Aybar will get the nod for us at 2B next season.For what it's worth my Halos have had a sh***y start this season:(,but nobody in the West has taken advantage of our poor start(we have a lot of injuries,but I don't like to use that for an excuse).I think we will still win our division.

what up brother, been a long time... i tell ya this, i would be real upset if we traded Shane Hillenbrand for anybody right now - he had the game winning hit tonight and is too valuable to the team right now - the Jays had to place back-up utility infielder John McDonald on the disabled list with a groin injury, moving Aaron Hill from second to shortstop a little earlier than expected - they were hoping to wait until Russ Adams was ready to switch from ss to 2nd after some playing time in Syracuse - the Jays called up Edgardo Alfonzo from double-A New Hampshire to take over 2nd - hopefully the fonz will be the answer there, avoiding any Hillenbrand for Kennedy trade offers

wazzy said:
D-DAY I thank you for making this thread I think I tried to make one last year and got laughed at by the Yankees and Red Sox fans! Expect me to be posting in here a lot more when I get the chance but I did not see the game tonight!

If we get a salary cap in the MLB I think the Jays will rise to the top of there division again. J.P Ricardi is such a great GM!

sup wazzy - i know there isn't a lot of jays or leafs fans around these parts but stop in anytime...

jays 15 hits last night in a 13-4 win over tampa - 13 hits tonight in another 6-2 win - 569 team hits leads the majors - alex rios with another 3 hits tongiht to raise his league leading average to .363 - roy halladay throws only 84 pitches in 8 innings to go 7-1 on the year - ryan finishes off tonights game w/ his 13th save of the season - chacin back on the mound tomorrow with a chance to also go to 7-1 on the year...

Looks like Chacin is out 4-6 weeks because of a strained elbow - Coach Gibbons hinted Josh Towers would be recalled and take his place in the rotation.

AJ Burnett threw five no-hit innings in a rehab start for the Syracuse SkyChiefs on Monday night against the Columbus Clippers - Burnett, on the disabled list since May 29 with a sore right elbow, walked one, struck out seven and didn't give up a run in the 9-3 victory. He threw 67 pitches, 40 for strikes. He's expected to make one more minor league start Saturday in Columbus before rejoining the Blue Jays' rotation at Atlanta on June 22. After some early trouble controlling his curveball - hitting one batter, walking another and throwing a wild pitch - his 97 mph fastball was accurate.

Also The Toronto Blue Jays shored up their middle infield Monday, recalling infielder Russ Adams from triple-A Syracuse and activating shortstop John McDonald from the 15-day disabled list. To make room, the Jays demoted infielder Luis Figueroa to Syracuse and released veteran Edgardo Alfonzo. Adams will take over second base while Hill will continue to man his old position at shortstop.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/Toronto/home.html

In other news: Alex Rios is officially a beast and is having a great All-Star season so far. As a non Jays fan I must say I'm very impressed with how well this kid has been doing (I've seen a lot of Jays games this year) and I'm a big fan of both him and Vernon Wells. What a scary combo in that batting order.

if they trade for Zito or Willis (as rumored), then Toronto has a very legit shot at the wildcard.

MikeO said:
if they trade for Zito or Willis (as rumored), then Toronto has a very legit shot at the wildcard.

I think that if they land Zito or Willis they have a legit shot at winning the division.

Leave it to Roy Halladay to stop a losing streak. Halladay pitched his American League-leading third complete game and Vernon Wells hit his 16th home run as the Blue Jays snapped a three-game slide with a 7-1 victory over Baltimore Orioles tonight. Over the past two seasons, Halladay has pitched 15 times following a Toronto loss, posting a record of 10-1. The Jays are 14-1 in those games, winning the last 11 straight. Halladay (8-1) extended his unbeaten streak to 11 starts.

AL teams better fear the Jays if they don't already. Because they're going to be in the race for both the wild card and the division. Ryan has been great as closer, you can't say enough about how good Halladay is and the line up has been great too. Wells, Rios, Glaus, Hillenbrand and the platoon of Johnson and Catalanado have been very good all year.

Back
Top Bottom