the only knock on Ronnie Brown....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the only knock on Ronnie Brown.......

mario88vega

Starter
Reaction score
that i have heard so far, and im not even sure if it's a knock, is his age, i am not 100% sure, but i think he is 24? well im not sure if it is something to be concerned about because he has been playing football for just as long as these other younger guys, he's in the best shape and has the most upside, is his age something to be concerned about?

His vision and agility is wha scares me. If you look at all the great RB's in history then one thign they share is vision, Brown's isnt bad, but its far from great.

Here is something to consider, Ronnie Brown mauls people right? What good is his speed if the speed is being stymied from him going through people? Here is another, He is not elusive, he is a downhill runner with power. I think Ronnie Brown would be a very good RB, but I do not think he will be the all world guy that people make him out to be.

I'm pretty sure he's only 23 but will be 24 soon. The thing I am more worried about is long-lasting durability. Cedric Benson has played four solid years of college ball -- that has to have an affect on his body whereas Ronnie has split carries throughout his college career.

vision... not in the same league as Caddie and Benson. That's what worries me.

He is 23 and will be all the way through next season.

He turns 24 in mid-December. Wow, he better start saving for social security now. :rolleyes:

Guys, look, I am a big SEC guy and I've seen most Auburn games. I just don't see where you get this notion that Brown's vision isn't that good.

He may be a hair behind Caddy in that department, but he is DEFINITELY on par, if not better than Benson.

Ronnie Brown has good vision and cutback ability. Hell, he showed me that against us(LSU) last year when Saban was scheming the defense that Brown tore apart.

DolphinDevil28 said:
He is 23 and will be all the way through next season.

He turns 24 in mid-December. Wow, he better start saving for social security now. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll draft him and he'll bring popularity to the senior citizen demographic here in Miami :D

DolphinDevil28 said:
Guys, look, I am a big SEC guy and I've seen most Auburn games. I just don't see where you get this notion that Brown's vision isn't that good.

He may be a hair behind Caddy in that department, but he is DEFINITELY on par, if not better than Benson.

Ronnie Brown has good vision and cutback ability. Hell, he showed me that against us(LSU) last year when Saban was scheming the defense that Brown tore apart.

A hair behind Caddy??? Caddy probably has the best vision of any RB that has come out in the last 10 or so years, with the exception of LT. Brown vision isnt bad, but far from great. He is a downhill/power runner, with great speed for his size, great hands and blocking ability, his vision and agility is what scares me.

no way is his vision better than Benson, that's crazy.

Ronnie is a very deliberate runner, I've seen him run into blockers a fair bit. That kind of stuff will hurt him in the pros. It just takes away from the ultimate perfect image that Ronnie has on these boards. The LT comparisons are crazy, Ronnie really is in another league to LT, as is every single back in the NFL baring in mind LT is the best.

knight6jb said:
A hair behind Caddy??? Caddy probably has the best vision of any RB that has come out in the last 10 or so years, with the exception of LT. Brown vision isnt bad, but far from great. He is a downhill/power runner, with great speed for his size, great hands and blocking ability, his vision and agility is what scares me.

Best vision in the last 10 years? I think you might be overhyping Caddy a bit

finsnchips said:
no way is his vision better than Benson, that's crazy.

Ronnie is a very deliberate runner, I've seen him run into blockers a fair bit. That kind of stuff will hurt him in the pros. It just takes away from the ultimate perfect image that Ronnie has on these boards. The LT comparisons are crazy, Ronnie really is in another league to LT

...well then, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

he's been outstanding witht the vision he has i dont see how people say that he has no vision.

To say the least I'm a Cadillac Williams fan. I think if anybody can be compared to L.T. it's him.

I completely disagree with the Ronnie Brown/ L.T. thing. So they can both catch now they're identical????

Ronnie Brown is Deuce McAllister...

DolphinDevil28 said:
...well then, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
yeah... as i said in my original post, Ronnie's vision isn't terrible but it is far from great.

I just feel it is a definite weakness for him compared to the other backs because Cadillac's and Cedric's is very good.

Back
Top Bottom