the only knock on Ronnie Brown....... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the only knock on Ronnie Brown.......

PhinsTD said:
I personally want Caddy for the mere fact that he has that vision and agility.

You see a lot of teams going to the smaller backs that have the agility and vision to make big plays happen. Keep in mind Auburn also used Cadillac alot in short yardage situations over Brown due to his body lean and ability to squeeze his body and make himself "small" to get through cracks in the defense.

I want to trade down to 7 and get Caddy for the Phins, but that's my personal opinion.

me too buddy, caddy imo is going to be a difference maker. benson and brown will be solid backs, but caddy is going to be special, hence he is 2 on my big board. a trade down w/ the bucs and caddy at 5 is my hope.

Phishstix said:
me too buddy, caddy imo is going to be a difference maker. benson and brown will be solid backs, but caddy is going to be special, hence he is 2 on my big board. a trade down w/ the bucs and caddy at 5 is my hope.

I'm liking it. Picking Caddy right where L.T. went also is a positive thing :cool:

Jaj... you appear to know quite a bit about the draft..

Who's your pick(s)?

PhinsTD said:
I would say w/o the question of Cady's durability he may be the best RB prospect since Ricky. because h has every other facet you'd look for from a RB after showing solid hands at the senior week, school workout and combine position workouts

If we ended up with Caddy, I wouldnt worry about durability because Saban would end up getting a big RB, I dont know, someone like The Broughton kid from the Citedel who is 250lbs and runs a 4.5 to use as a change of power back.

Doktor Ivel said:
if hes 24 i wouldnt get him
y?

firstly, he's 23.

and more importantly it's not like he's been running all that time. He is a hell of a lot fresher than Benson. It's not like 23 is ancient. I believe that Vernon was 23 last year, no?

finfan54 said:
If we ended up with Caddy, I wouldnt worry about durability because Saban would end up getting a big RB, I dont know, someone like The Broughton kid from the Citedel who is 250lbs and runs a 4.5 to use as a change of power back.
Saban really likes Broughton... but we've already got a guy like that in Gordon.

as a 1-2 punch Caddy and Gordon makes a very nice combo.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Hey knight6jb, I know you've said all along that what scares you about Ronnie is his vision/cutback ability. And that's cool.

But just to throw it out there, here is what scares me about Caddy. Can he take the pounding of the NFL at 208 pounds? ...and yeah, I know, I know. Priest is 208, Emmit Smith was 209 and so on...
But each player is different. No two people's bodies are the same.

Plus, Caddy has had some durability concerns in the past. Can he stay healthy? He practiced all week of the Senior Bowl, but didn't play in the game because of an ankle.

I understand that completely, He has been healthy for 2 years now. and on top of that like everyone said he put on weight and is now up to 217lbs.

finfan54 said:
Nice clips Knight. Not only is Caddy elusive, he squeezes through the tiniest of holes and his punch power is very deceptive. He is not easy to take down.

Ya man I love those clips, the single play clip, where he takes the toss, and find his lane to the outside then just plows over the DB.....so beautiful!

I think one thing we can definitely agree on is that we want a running back.

I'd love either Brown, Caddy or Benson. (although Brown and Caddy would be my first two choices)

DolphinDevil28 said:

I'd love either Brown, Caddy or Benson. (although Brown and Caddy would be my first two choices)

Ya, I cant wait till the draft!!!! It's gonna be awesome!

We're all fans of the same team here and we all have identified a need at RB. I think we'd all agree that if we go RB first then whoever we get, we'll be happy with, correct?

DolphinDevil28 said:

hell yeah.. or Mike Williams :D

This time next week we'll all probably be gutted because we picked Smith :D

finsnchips said:
Jaj... you appear to know quite a bit about the draft..

Who's your pick(s)?

It's my part of football. I live for draft day. If the T.B. trade goes down I expect it to be for Simms(ya we have to take him on to make the deal, I'll count him a late 2nd), their 3rd, and their 2nd or 3rd next year. I expect the Chiefs deal to get done on draft day for a 2nd. I expect Zgonina to be traded for a 6th rounder from St. Louis.

1- Cadillac Williams Auburn
2- Chris Spencer Ole Miss
3- Ronald Fields Miss State
3- Lance Mitchell Oklahoma
4- Oshiomogho Atogwe Stanford
5- Steve Savoy Utah
6- Ryan Riddle California
7- Tim Bulman Boston College

hysterikiLL said:
We're all fans of the same team here and we all have identified a need at RB. I think we'd all agree that if we go RB first then whoever we get, we'll be happy with, correct?

100% correct.

Back
Top Bottom