the only knock on Ronnie Brown....... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the only knock on Ronnie Brown.......

I've never seen Ronnie or Carnell play in college but I have seen Cedric a few times and to me the fact that he was used so often for 4 years PROVES his durability with no big injuries throughout his collegiate career. And if he came to Miami he wouldn't be used as often as UT did with Lamar Gordon and Sammy Morris or Minor getting some carries.

Jaj said:
It's my part of football. I live for draft day. If the T.B. trade goes down I expect it to be for Simms(ya we have to take him on to make the deal, I'll count him a late 2nd), their 3rd, and their 2nd or 3rd next year. I expect the Chiefs deal to get done on draft day for a 2nd. I expect Zgonina to be traded for a 6th rounder from St. Louis.

1- Cadillac Williams Auburn
2- Chris Spencer Ole Miss
3- Ronald Fields Miss State
3- Lance Mitchell Oklahoma
4- Oshiomogho Atogwe Stanford
5- Steve Savoy Utah
6- Ryan Riddle California
7- Tim Bulman Boston College

That's a pretty good draft..just wondering though - in your choosing Cadillac, who have you got going 1-4?

I've got

1- Rodgers
2- Smith
3- Edwards(regardless of who picks there)
4- Brown ( I don't believe they like Benson more than Brown in that O)

I find it hard to believe the Bears would take Benson over Brown too but I think they could possibly swipe at Mike Williams.

finsnchips said:
y?

firstly, he's 23.

and more importantly it's not like he's been running all that time. He is a hell of a lot fresher than Benson. It's not like 23 is ancient. I believe that Vernon was 23 last year, no?
i would rather have a younger back in my franchise on madden:D

Doktor Ivel said:
:lol: ..you know it!! Don't think Nick is gna take that into consideration though!! :D

Doktor Ivel said:

No doubt. But if we don't take Ronnie, I'm just gonna trade for him! I'll probably trade for the larger part of the first round :lol:

Ive got NCAA and Madden, and my friend has a moded Xbox, He downloaded all the roster names for NCAA onto a memory card for me, so I can just simulate the NCAA season and the Madden season and do my own draft onto Madden, so I can get my man Caddy!

finfan54 said:
Here is something to consider, Ronnie Brown mauls people right? What good is his speed if the speed is being stymied from him going through people? Here is another, He is not elusive, he is a downhill runner with power. I think Ronnie Brown would be a very good RB, but I do not think he will be the all world guy that people make him out to be.

Jamal Lewis is the same style of back though is he not? And most people would agree that Lewis is one of the best in the entire league. I don't think the fact Ronnie runs over people should hinder his draft stock.

All 3 of the RBs in this draft have question marks, if they didn't then they would easilly be the best player available and would be the 1st overall pick because they'd be perfect. Cedric has carried a heavy load in college, Ronnie's vision isn't as good as the other two, Cadillac may not be able to survive the beating of 16 games + playoffs. Either way no matter whose name we call there's going to be concerns.

knight6jb said:
A hair behind Caddy??? Caddy probably has the best vision of any RB that has come out in the last 10 or so years, with the exception of LT. Brown vision isnt bad, but far from great. He is a downhill/power runner, with great speed for his size, great hands and blocking ability, his vision and agility is what scares me.

Wow!! I know your high on Caddy, but me thinks you may just be high after that statement. J/K

Curtis Martin
Terrell Davis
Eddie George
Stephen Davis
Tiki Barber
Corey Dillon
Fred Taylor
Robert Edwards
Ahman Green
Edgerrin James
Ricky Williams
Jamal Lewis
Shaun Alexander
LaDainian Tomlinson
Deuce McAllister
Michael Bennett
Travis Henry
Clinton Portis
Willis McGahee

That's a mighty long list of Runners. If Caddy comes to Miami I hope your right, but I don't see it, no pun intended.

As for you comments on Brown......

Well-built ballcarrier with outstanding size/speed numbers. Patient, waits for blocks to develop. Quick getting to top speed. Gets a good amount of momentum going, puts his shoulders down and falls forward. Displays excellent vision and first-step quickness. Immediately finds the hole and possesses good intangibles. Follows blocks at the line of scrimmage or down the field. Excellent awareness in all aspects of his game. Barrels over defenders between the tackles, yet also displays the speed to get outside around the corner. Easily breaks the first tackle and picks up plenty of yardage off initial contact. Solid footwork for a big ballcarrier. Possesses a burst through the hole, skill running in the open field and always a threat to break the long run. Delivers crushing blows as a lead blocker and turns opponents from the action. Consistently improved as a pass receiver. Makes himself the hot receiver on blitzes to help the quarterback

Ozzy said:
Wow!! I know your high on Caddy, but me thinks you may just be high after that statement. J/K

Curtis Martin-
Terrell Davis-
Eddie George-
Stephen Davis-
Tiki Barber-
Corey Dillon-
Fred Taylor-
Robert Edwards-
Ahman Green-
Edgerrin James-
Ricky Williams-
Jamal Lewis-
Shaun Alexander-
LaDainian Tomlinson-
Deuce McAllister-
Michael Bennett-
Travis Henry-
Clinton Portis-
Willis McGahee-

That's a mighty long list of Runners. If Caddy comes to Miami I hope your right, but I don't see it, no pun intended.

As for you comments on Brown......

Well-built ballcarrier with outstanding size/speed numbers. Patient, waits for blocks to develop. Quick getting to top speed. Gets a good amount of momentum going, puts his shoulders down and falls forward. Displays excellent vision and first-step quickness. Immediately finds the hole and possesses good intangibles. Follows blocks at the line of scrimmage or down the field. Excellent awareness in all aspects of his game. Barrels over defenders between the tackles, yet also displays the speed to get outside around the corner. Easily breaks the first tackle and picks up plenty of yardage off initial contact. Solid footwork for a big ballcarrier. Possesses a burst through the hole, skill running in the open field and always a threat to break the long run. Delivers crushing blows as a lead blocker and turns opponents from the action. Consistently improved as a pass receiver. Makes himself the hot receiver on blitzes to help the quarterback

Curtis Martin- Very good vision, similar to Caddy.
Terrell Davis- Overrated, product of Denver's oline and them opening up cutback lanes
Eddie George- not great vision, stand up runner
Stephen Davis- overall back, good vision, good size, good vision
Tiki Barber- above average vision and agility, IMHO not as good as Caddy's, also a great receiver, close to a total package minus power
Corey Dillon- again total package, above average vision, good power, size and game speed
Fred Taylor- very similar to caddy IMO, a little bigger but similar
Robert Edwards- blah
Ahman Green- average vision at best, close to Ronnie Brown, plus has a beefy oline
Edgerrin James- again simliar to caddy, better receiver
Ricky Williams-phenom had it all except a brain
Jamal Lewis- not great vision, not bad vision, more power then agility
Shaun Alexander- unique running style IMO, power, receiver,above average vision
LaDainian Tomlinson- best there is in the nfl today
Deuce McAllister- again similar to Brown, not great vision, not bad vision. I do feel his vision is better then Brown's though.
Michael Bennett- track star
Travis Henry- poor man's caddy
Clinton Portis- product of a beefed up online in denver, good RB, great vision??(who knows at this point for sure), time will tell
Willis McGahee- great vision, good runner, duribilty only question

As for you paragraph about Brown, I disagree with alot of it. Brown is and will be good, but he is not all that you say.

mario88vega said:
that i have heard so far, and im not even sure if it's a knock, is his age, i am not 100% sure, but i think he is 24? well im not sure if it is something to be concerned about because he has been playing football for just as long as these other younger guys, he's in the best shape and has the most upside, is his age something to be concerned about?

they say he is more of a straight ahead runner. caddy was more elusive....

DolphanD said:
I've never seen Ronnie or Carnell play in college but I have seen Cedric a few times and to me the fact that he was used so often for 4 years PROVES his durability with no big injuries throughout his collegiate career. And if he came to Miami he wouldn't be used as often as UT did with Lamar Gordon and Sammy Morris or Minor getting some carries.

cedric is the most proven out of all the rb's if you base it off college experience and performance...

finsnchips said:
Saban really likes Broughton... but we've already got a guy like that in Gordon.

as a 1-2 punch Caddy and Gordon makes a very nice combo.

if your gonna do a 1-2 punch you might want to get a power back to go with gordon...gordon is a speed back...

Gordon is a big receiving back that has good breakaway speed. He has many similarities to Ronnie Brown actually. He's just not as dominant strength wise.

Back
Top Bottom