The Pach's TOP 110 | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's TOP 110

Well, what that tells me is how much they really like Igbinoghene. That, and they weren’t so high on Swift (or Dobbins) once CEH was off the board because they seemingly didn’t make an effort to secure either.

They were very high on Igbo. From a scout, who knows Brian Flores, before the draft, said Flores believes Igbo is "a f--king stud".

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean Igbo was their first choice for the pick.

I don't think Raekwon Davis finds himself into Chris Grier's 2nd round if Nick Saban and the Alabama coaches weren't talking him up tremendously. Grier and Saban are still tight from their Miami days together. There's a reason we ultimately went with Tua.

I guess we will have to see on Raekwon but when I watch him, I see traits that translate and win on NFL Sunday.

Not even Saban could talk me into Raekwon Davis in the 2nd round. Not anymore than he could’ve talked me into Jalen Hurts still needed to be starting over Tua midway through 2017.

I see the games.

Idk about you guys, but I slammed the table when Dallas took Lamb.
Once again when Saints tools Ruiz.
And again when Lions too Swift.

Oh absolutely. But i know Jerry loves flash, so as much as they like Chaisson, he was not going to pass CeeDee Lamb.....so i expected it. I was more upset when TB traded up with SF and taking Wirfs. For a minute there, i had hope we could pull it off.

He may be big and built, I just don’t see a lot of energy and explosiveness in his body.

Raekwon had the same 10 yard split as Derrick Brown and slightly better 40/shuttle times.....but Derrick Brown explodes off the snap and Raekwon doesn't. He's fairly slow out of his stance and get tall too often, negating his size/reach, allowing the OL to anchor, or help to come from the center. If he had a little more juice his sack numbers would be much better.

Raekwon had the same 10 yard split as Derrick Brown and slightly better 40/shuttle times.....but Derrick Brown explodes off the snap and Raekwon doesn't. He's fairly slow out of his stance and get tall too often, negating his size/reach, allowing the OL to anchor, or help to come from the center. If he had a little more juice his sack numbers would be much better.
That’s a really big deal when it comes to explosiveness.

No clue tbh. Ruiz and/or Isaiah Wilson are my best guesses.
Thanks for your response. I thought Wilson was the target when they moved down, but I'm pretty sure ck was implying it may have been someone else. Especially when you combine it with the cryptic tweet he had before the draft. Something along the lines of being shocked and disappointed about what he had heard right before the draft started.

They were very high on Igbo. From a scout, who knows Brian Flores, before the draft, said Flores believes Igbo is "a f--king stud".

Can you give us a hint on who the target was? Not knowing is killing me. PM me with it if it is such a secret. :)

Then who was? Because they could have had CEH or Swift with pick 30.

Who ever it was had to go between 19 and 25. Fact. If it wasn’t Ruiz, then who?

Otherwise they didn‘t have to trade back. And they could have had any player picked from 31 - 38 at 26 or 30.

Not even Saban could talk me into Raekwon Davis in the 2nd round. Not anymore than he could’ve talked me into Jalen Hurts still needed to be starting over Tua midway through 2017.

I see the games.

I’m with you. Raekwon Davis doesn’t flow down the los well, plays too high, lacks explosiveness and any quick burst close and is slow off tbe snap.

it’s run of the mill jag stuff in the second damn round no less

you are drafting frame type more than anything

Last edited:
I’m with you. Raekwon Davis doesn’t flow down the los well, plays too high, lacks explosiveness and any quick burst close and is slow off tbe snap.

it’s run of the mill jag stuff in the second damn round no less

you are drafting frame type more than anything

Exactly. If anybody wants to see what a real talent looks like on Bama’s defensive line - go watch the RS Freshman Christian Barmore. Kid is the next Marcell Dareus coming out of Tuscaloosa.

Ben Bredeson got all he wanted in the bowl game....

If you believe the Niners media.... it was Aiyuk
Then who was? Because they could have had CEH or Swift with pick 30.

Who ever it was had to go between 19 and 25. Fact. If it wasn’t Ruiz, then who?

Otherwise they didn‘t have to trade back. And they could have had any player picked from 31 - 38 at 26 or 30.

Back
Top Bottom