The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ...

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Despite multiple reports saying the Dolphins have the ammunition to trade into the Top 5 to pick a quarterback and might also be looking to trade down (the media covering all the bases, I guess) the most likely scenario is the Dolphins stay put, according to a source familiar with the team's thinking.

The only way the Dolphins move up as of today is if either Smith or Edmunds drop to within a couple of picks and the teams there, such as Bears at No. 8, San Francisco at No. 9 or Oakland at No. 10, put up a for sale sign on their picks, knowing they can land a Ward or Fitzpatrick at No. 11.

There's also the possibility one of two players the Dolphins covet, such as Smith or Edmunds, fall to Miami if the Buffalo Bills move up from No. 12 to, say, No. 7, No. 8 or No. 9. The only reason the Bills would trade up is to land a quarterback.

later on in the article

Well, because practically everyone has him going to the Washington Redskins at No. 13. Except, I know the Dolphins love him.

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero

I think based on the makeup of the front office and staff I was guessing the players of interest would be Minkah, Ward, Rosen/Qb, Edmunds and Vea..

I didn't have Smith on my list- and I would prepare yourself for the pick of Vea.

I think based on the makeup of the front office and staff I was guessing the players of interest would be Minkah, Ward, Rosen/Qb, Edmunds and Vea..

I didn't have Smith on my list- and I would prepare yourself for the pick of Vea.
I've been counting down the days to the draft. The last thing I want is for us to draft Vea. Not saying he's a bad player but I want impact players at 11

It will be either a QB (might require maneuvering) or Vea at 11.

What if the lack of a quarterback run is the surprise on draft night? I don’t think the hype is real over Josh Allen or Sam Darnold. Cleveland might not even take a quarterback until their third pick. (I still think they are taking Lamar Jackson) That would take Roquan, Edmunds, Fitzpatrick and Ward all off the board at eleven. I do think Darnold and Allen will be there at eleven and they might be considered worth trading up a few spots by the Cardinals, for example, that we could drop a couple spots, land a guy like Da’Ron Payne and pick up an additional second for a tight end and whoever. If we are sticking with eleven and the qb run is real, then I hope Edmunds is there somehow.

As much as I like Edmunds, I hope we don't move up for him. If we do that then we are obviously happy with our QB situation and therefore are in a win now mode, we have way too many holes to be giving up draft picks.

I've been counting down the days to the draft. The last thing I want is for us to draft Vea. Not saying he's a bad player but I want impact players at 11

Here was the logic behind my names-

Mike T - loves DT and CB - always had - Vea and Ward and remember he pushed the Phillips pick.
Burke - Minkah or Edmunds
Gase -QB

I think Mike might win the room - although I do think there is something behind the Mike giving Gase the rope to wither sink or swim- that is a win either way for Mike in the end.

What if the lack of a quarterback run is the surprise on draft night? I don’t think the hype is real over Josh Allen or Sam Darnold. Cleveland might not even take a quarterback until their third pick. (I still think they are taking Lamar Jackson) That would take Roquan, Edmunds, Fitzpatrick and Ward all off the board at eleven. I do think Darnold and Allen will be there at eleven and they might be considered worth trading up a few spots by the Cardinals, for example, that we could drop a couple spots, land a guy like Da’Ron Payne and pick up an additional second for a tight end and whoever. If we are sticking with eleven and the qb run is real, then I hope Edmunds is there somehow.

I think defense trumps the night in the end and all the other names will be off the board- maybe Minkah is there- but the QB's will go also in some combination or trade up by pick 10 IMO- unless you count L Jackson.

If one of the 4 QBs are there at 11, I think you got to take one at that point.

Back
Top Bottom