The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ...

I'm in the "I'll cut my penis off if we trade up for or take a QB at 11" club. I think the Dolphins are just trolling us with all the QB talk and every time something gets "leaked" they are running to Tannehill to make sure he knows its just smoke.

What if the lack of a quarterback run is the surprise on draft night? I don’t think the hype is real over Josh Allen or Sam Darnold. Cleveland might not even take a quarterback until their third pick. (I still think they are taking Lamar Jackson) That would take Roquan, Edmunds, Fitzpatrick and Ward all off the board at eleven. I do think Darnold and Allen will be there at eleven and they might be considered worth trading up a few spots by the Cardinals, for example, that we could drop a couple spots, land a guy like Da’Ron Payne and pick up an additional second for a tight end and whoever. If we are sticking with eleven and the qb run is real, then I hope Edmunds is there somehow.

I am shocked about the Josh Allen hype. To me he is a bottom of the 1st or 2nd round QB but I still think he will go no further than 12. I would be shocked if Cleveland did not take Sam Darnold at 1. I give him a 95% shot at going #1.

My worry about Baker is his maturity level when things go bad as well as something Daniel Jeremiah said....He had huge windows at Oklahoma that he won't see in the NFL.

I like the idea of trading down but only if James and Fitz are gone. Especially for Da'Ron Payne. I think he is just scratching the surface of his potential and is ready to break out. Love the motor and that's always a huge factor for me. Getting a 2nd for dropping only a few spots (say to 15) would be huge as it only equates to a 3rd but someone wanting a QB bad enough may make that trade depending on how things shake out.

I'm in the "I'll cut my penis off if we trade up for or take a QB at 11" club. I think the Dolphins are just trolling us with all the QB talk and every time something gets "leaked" they are running to Tannehill to make sure he knows its just smoke.

I agree (about the trolling, not the penis) that they are floating this to get teams to trade up so it pushes down non-QB talent.

Barkley will slide and the Dolphins will not be able to resist the temptation. He isn't what is hyped up to be. He is Ronnie Brown.

As the draft approaches in 2 days, as usual, draft predictions tighten up. About a week ago Armando linked Vea to Miami if all of the other players such as Smith Edmonds, James or Fitzpatrick were all off the board. I don't have a problem with Vea, but to be honest I would prefer another player selected at number 11. Especially when you take into consideration that the 2019 draft is literally stocked with defensive line prospects. Vea is known to be an excellent run stuffer, which is something Miami desperately needs. I hope, if he eventually is the pick he plays better than most Miami fans expect he will.

I'm going out on a limb and say Fitzpatrick.

Both San Francisco and Oakland will likely take linebackers so Smith and Edmunds figure to go. The four quarterbacks will go quickly. I think Cleveland, Giants, Jets and Denver go quarterback. If one of those don't someone will trade up. Chubbs and Barkley should go top 10. That leaves Ward, Fitzpatrick, James and Nelson. Two of those will drop. My guess is Ward and Fitzpatrick.

Miami gets a standout in the secondary at #11.

i will not be happy with vea. its a spot that can be filled in other rounds. we need a play maker.

I understand wanting perhaps a flashier or bigger name. The time you want Vea is when it's 3rd and 1 he he stuffs it or 4th and goal with the game on the line and BOOM!!!!!! This guy can beat up Tim Bowns, that's how tough he is. I also want a more exciting first rounder but if it falls that way I'll be behind the kid 100%.

I think the Dolphins board would look something like this in the following order of preference: Mayfield, Rosen, Edmunds, Smith, Fitz, James, Vea

I left out Barkley, Chubb, and Darnold bc that aint happening. I see them taking the highest player on the list above if available. Really hoping they don't do something stupid and take Ward.

Here was the logic behind my names-

Mike T - loves DT and CB - always had - Vea and Ward and remember he pushed the Phillips pick.
Burke - Minkah or Edmunds
Gase -QB

I think Mike might win the room - although I do think there is something behind the Mike giving Gase the rope to wither sink or swim- that is a win either way for Mike in the end.

Possibly but I also think its a make or break year for Gase & the best way to look after his own interests is to buy himself more time with so many holes in the squad & the best way to do that is get yourself a projected franchise QB you're comfortable with.

If not, then Gase is basically saying he believes in the squad to win now with Tannehill and save his job, especially since next year's QB draft looks rather poor should T-Hill eventually be surplus to requirements.

With this in mind I would be surprised if Mike T gets his way over Gase in this year's draft.

I don't understand the vea hype. There are only 2 or 3 game changing DT in the league right now. I doubt vea even comes close to being that caliber of player. Would be very disappointed with that pick.

He reminds me of star lotulelei who has been very average. And I can see the Danny Shelton comparison as well.

The DT position just int very impactful position. Suh didn't add a whole lot to our defense. I see similar results with or without vea on this team. Therefore it would be a monumental waste of a pick and just trying to fill a need which isn't what the draft is all about.

Possibly but I also think its a make or break year for Gase & the best way to look after his own interests is to buy himself more time with so many holes in the squad & the best way to do that is get yourself a projected franchise QB you're comfortable with.

If not, then Gase is basically saying he believes in the squad to win now with Tannehill and save his job, especially since next year's QB draft looks rather poor should T-Hill eventually be surplus to requirements.

With this in mind I would be surprised if Mike T gets his way over Gase in this year's draft.

That very well could be the scenario- would love to be inside the war room as the two go back an forth through the scenario- if it comes down to them disagreeing.

Either way as we know, were going to get the "we got who we all targeted line" until years later and the real scenarios comes out.

Truthfully, I'm more concerned about getting our TE in the second. For that and other reasons, I prefer to trade down in the1st and pickup another pick early to grab out TE and possibly a mid-tier QB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom