The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ...

As the draft approaches in 2 days, as usual, draft predictions tighten up. About a week ago Armando linked Vea to Miami if all of the other players such as Smith Edmonds, James or Fitzpatrick were all off the board. I don't have a problem with Vea, but to be honest I would prefer another player selected at number 11. Especially when you take into consideration that the 2019 draft is literally stocked with defensive line prospects. Vea is known to be an excellent run stuffer, which is something Miami desperately needs. I hope, if he eventually is the pick he plays better than most Miami fans expect he will.

Drafting Vea should also send a message to Jordan Phillips that if he doesn't pick it up and TAKE some snaps, he is going to lose them AGAIN to Godchaux and not be able to showcase his abilities to get that big money deal.

Drafting Vea should also send a message to Jordan Phillips that if he doesn't pick it up and TAKE some snaps, he is going to lose them AGAIN to Godchaux and not be able to showcase his abilities to get that big money deal.
I dont believe Miami sees Philips as a long term answer and is not looking to potentially pay Philips after his contract expires after this season. Philips imo is gone after this year. Never lived up to his abilities. Vea is a much more consistent player and is a better player. Question is can Miami get more out of Vea than they’ve gotten out of Jordan Philips?

Hoping for Minkah, but it'll probably be Vea. Don't see either of the top LBs dropping to 11.

If it’s Vea, then I assume James, Edmunds, Smith, etc. are gone. Mayock, said he thought Vea could lose about 15 pounds. I think if he could do it he might surprise and get some much needed pressure on the QB.

I dont believe Miami sees Philips as a long term answer and is not looking to potentially pay Philips after his contract expires after this season. Philips imo is gone after this year. Never lived up to his abilities. Vea is a much more consistent player and is a better player. Question is can Miami get more out of Vea than they’ve gotten out of Jordan Philips?

It's the motivation I'm banking on for 2018. Whether that's to audition for a FA contract or whatever. Even if he actually has a monster year, I would be hesitant to extend him based on contract year production so I get what your saying. Vea played more snaps in 13 games than Phillips did (402) in 13 games in the NFL. Vea played 550-of-891 snaps and was split all along the D-line including NT & DE.

That's what worries me about Vea. Even though he is likely better than JP, he still has the same stamina issues and that's no little thing if you are using the 11th overall pick. Personally I like Payne as a better fit.

I think Vea makes sense in light of Phillips's contract expiring at the end of this year.

Tiko, what if on VVs first play against NE Brady drops back, starts to climb the pocket and WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell was that???? A 375 pound freight train????? Brady will be saying, I've fallen and I can't get up!!!!! VV is closer to 350 but he's a little bigger than Vince Wilfork coming out of the U of M. I think Wilfork was picked #21 over all by the Pats. If VV is close to that type of player, it's lucky that he's on your team.

I don't hate Vita I just don't want him at #11.
questions of him being a 3 down player & weight issues I do not like also i don't see him being a clear cut top DT the top 3 DT's are somewhat close from Vita to Payne to Hurst
Only bright side i see is he got double teamed a lot in college & he was still solid

Vea because you cannot go into a season with just the DTs that we have. I'd prefer Edmunds because even with Suh, we were a bad defense.

Vea should be the first morbidly obese hockey goalie...

Coming out of the first round with Vea, Davenport, or a CB is just flat out unacceptable. I will never forgive this FO.

Move up 2-3 spots using 73 to secure Smith or Edmunds. I think the Bucs are locked in on Derwin so he's no longer an option unless that's all smoke. Need to line up a deal with Chicago.

Coming out of the first round with Vea, Davenport, or a CB is just flat out unacceptable. I will never forgive this FO.

Move up 2-3 spots using 73 to secure Smith or Edmunds. I think the Bucs are locked in on Derwin so he's no longer an option unless that's all smoke. Need to line up a deal with Chicago.

You know how much I liked James- I don't even mention him anymore cause I assume he is gone before our pick-

If Rosen slips to 11 I think they should take him. He's got a major chip on his shoulder now.

I'd worry a little about his health concerns, but worth the try. He's probably got the least holes on the field from all the top QBs in this draft.

Back
Top Bottom