The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ...

If our FO believes we need a DT, then we must trade down. It appears that most of us agree than DT at 11 is too high. If we can pick up another 2nd and pick our DT later in the first the value would be much better.

after that interview i want Rosen even more in aqua!

ill settle for Edmunds,Smith,Fitz,James also if Rosen is off the board.

This team needs studs in the middle of the field and the secondary. I'm not saying DT isn't a need but what's the point of having a good DT when teams just scheme around it and exploit you in the middle of the field all game? There were many times where Suh was completely useless because teams would just exploit our LBs and secondary with TEs and quick passes.

My sauces say it'll be Edmunds

tenor.gif

Just remember, last year they interviewed Harris once and knew he was their guy. It might be someone they haven't given much attention to in the process.

At the very least Vea gives you a guy, who can occupy 2 blockers. He reminds me of former Dolphin, Paul Solia, who had stamina and weight issues when he was 1st drafted by Miami. It took him several years and Jason Ferguson’s tutilage to get him on the right track. If Vea is Miami’s selection and turns out to be similar to Solia, it’s a win for Miami. Again, like I’ve said, in another post; Can Miami get more out of Vea than they did out of Philips?

The people on this board that compare Vita Vea to Paul Solia are the people who haven't watched Vea play. There's absolutely no way anyone could watch this guy play and come away with a Paul Soliai comparison. People are just being lazy and looking at his 340+ lbs and assuming he's a 2-gapper or a 5-tech player. Vita Vea is neither. The only thing Soliai and Vea have in common is their Polynesian heritage.

The people on this board that compare Vita Vea to Paul Solia are the people who haven't watched Vea play. There's absolutely no way anyone could watch this guy play and come away with a Paul Soliai comparison. People are just being lazy and looking at his 340+ lbs and assuming he's a 2-gapper or a 5-tech player. Vita Vea is neither. The only thing Soliai and Vea have in common is their Polynesian heritage.
My comparison with Vea and Soliai is that both lack/lacked stamina and endurance to play a full 4 quarters without wearing down. Soliai was slow to learn how to get himself in better shape, until Jason Ferguson came on the scene and taught him. That’s why I made that comparision.

My comparison with Vea and Soliai is that both lack/lacked stamina and endurance to play a full 4 quarters without wearing down. Soliai was slow to learn how to get himself in better shape, until Jason Ferguson came on the scene and taught him. That’s why I made that comparision.

A lot of these draft sites are throwing around the word "inconsistent" when they talk about Vea. Guys like Solia and Jordan Phillips are inconsistent with effort/stamina/conditioning and taking downs off, but Vea is inconsistent with technique, which is entirely correctable with coaching. I haven't seen any issues with Vea wearing down are taking downs off. He always plays with a lot of pride but he needs to understand how to use his body better and stop playing street ball.

Back
Top Bottom