The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ...

If Rosen slips to 11 I think they should take him. He's got a major chip on his shoulder now.

I'd worry a little about his health concerns, but worth the try. He's probably got the least holes on the field from all the top QBs in this draft.

but he also probably has the most issues off the field. What gives? I'd totally draft him before I draft a DT at 11

It will be either a QB (might require maneuvering) or Vea at 11.

Both would be pretty depressing if they go either of those routes.

Not that getting a top QB or DT would be a horrible idea, but considering Miami already has Tanehill, have need at LB, and are more interested to rotate as much as possible their interior D-linemen, it would be like throwing away a 1st round pick.

You're talking about making up 877 defensive snaps and
let me know who will command the double teams that Suh had to deal with?
At the very least Vea gives you a guy, who can occupy 2 blockers. He reminds me of former Dolphin, Paul Solia, who had stamina and weight issues when he was 1st drafted by Miami. It took him several years and Jason Ferguson’s tutilage to get him on the right track. If Vea is Miami’s selection and turns out to be similar to Solia, it’s a win for Miami. Again, like I’ve said, in another post; Can Miami get more out of Vea than they did out of Philips?

At the very least Vea gives you a guy, who can occupy 2 blockers. He reminds me of former Dolphin, Paul Solia, who had stamina and weight issues when he was 1st drafted by Miami. It took him several years and Jason Ferguson’s tutilage to get him on the right track. If Vea is Miami’s selection and turns out to be similar to Solia, it’s a win for Miami. Again, like I’ve said, in another post; Can Miami get more out of Vea than they did out of Philips?

VEA PLAYED 62% OF HIS TEAMS DEFENSIVE SNAPS WHILE
While Godchaux played 47.8%, Phillips played 38.4%, Taylor 17.69%

Phillips has flashed almost as much as Parker :)

Smith Please.....I realize that we've stunk pretty much everywhere.

But none moreso than LB. It's been an absolute nightmare since #54 left.

I just watched a YouTube video mock draft that had us trading down with San Diego, Picking up an extra second-round pick, because all our needs were chosen before 11. the mock then had us picking Lamar Jackson at 17 (I believe).

Drafting Vea should also send a message to Jordan Phillips that if he doesn't pick it up and TAKE some snaps, he is going to lose them AGAIN to Godchaux and not be able to showcase his abilities to get that big money deal.
So we use our #11 draft pick to motivate our 2nd rounder from a couple of years back. I don't see the logic.

Smith and Edwards will be gone therefore no pick at 11. Trade down to 15 for Arizona's 2nd. The pick is Leighton Vander Esch.

Any of the top LBs....Edmunds /Smith

Smith and Edwards will be gone therefore no pick at 11. Trade down to 15 for Arizona's 2nd. The pick is Leighton Vander Esch.
Not with his medical, he likely won’t see 3rd round or better. Some teams apparently took him off board all together

I think the order of operations is

Edmunds
Smith
Fitzpatrick/James
Ward

Rosen/Mayfield (If avail could change things)

If it’s Vea, then I assume James, Edmunds, Smith, etc. are gone. Mayock, said he thought Vea could lose about 15 pounds. I think if he could do it he might surprise and get some much needed pressure on the QB.

Yeah...but still...even if he drops the weight the Miami heat & humidity may be a real issue for him. Dude is huge with a lot of hair on his head (hate to say it but shades of Korey Stringer)....I can see him melting and fading away early in our home games in Sept/Oct. I know the heat affect everyone in some way but it seems like it would affect him a lot more, esp. if he comes in at over 350 lbs (he was 347 at combine). I just don't see him being full of energy for all 4 quarters of games at home or away where heat/humidity is a concern.

Back
Top Bottom