The Picture Thread | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Picture Thread

Loved all the snow photo's guys. Here are a couple of pics from on the hill of my home town. These pics were taken from Daws Castle where the Saxons used to take refuge from the Vikings when they raided. The first looks down over the harbour, and the second looks out over Blue Anchor. I have done an oil painting of the second view.

Watchet076-1.jpg

Watchet078-1.jpg

Loved all the snow photo's guys. Here are a couple of pics from on the hill of my home town. These pics were taken from Daws Castle where the Saxons used to take refuge from the Vikings when they raided. The first looks down over the harbour, and the second looks out over Blue Anchor. I have done an oil painting of the second view.

Watchet076-1.jpg

Watchet078-1.jpg

Stunning landscape, mate. Thanks.

God that second picture is beautiful. I love the British landscape, sometimes makes me wish I was back there more often. I miss taking the Inter City trains and seeing the countryside flash by. Look forward to one day hoisting a pint of cider with you mate!

My daughters team just won the 8th grade girls Travel Basketball Championship
IMG_2505-1.jpg

My daughter grabbing a rebound and putting it back in for 2 points!
IMG_2492_edited-1.jpg

My daughters team just won the 8th grade girls Travel Basketball Championship
IMG_2505-1.jpg

My daughter grabbing a rebound and putting it back in for 2 points!
IMG_2492_edited-1.jpg
Always like to see kids doing well and enjoying themselves. Is girls Basketball popular over in the US. Most girls play Netball over here. Is that your daughter with the Sammie Smith shirt on :D.

Always like to see kids doing well and enjoying themselves. Is girls Basketball popular over in the US. Most girls play Netball over here. Is that your daughter with the Sammie Smith shirt on :D.

Girls Hoops is big here. yep good old #33

Lovely coastline White and so interesting.Anywhere you go in the UK there is such a rich historical background.

Have you ever seen that BBS series Coast ? It takes a complete tour of the the entire UK coast noting some of the areas historical significance as they go along.Excellent if you are interested in Geography and History as I am

Lovely coastline White and so interesting.Anywhere you go in the UK there is such a rich historical background.

Have you ever seen that BBS series Coast ? It takes a complete tour of the the entire UK coast noting some of the areas historical significance as they go along.Excellent if you are interested in Geography and History as I am

No I haven't seen that series Crunch. But you are right about the historical value. One of the things that natives would do if they were under threat of invasion, would be to light a beacon on a high point near the coast to warn others so that they could see it and thus either rally troops, or escape the oncoming invasion. Once the beacon was lit then the next beacon would be lit further down the coast, and so on like a chain reaction. This is Dunkery beacon, which is, I think Somerset's highest point. In the days of the old county's, you could see seven different English and Welsh county's from this spot. Dunkery is one of many ancient settlements that was sited on these hills. Who knows how far back in time they go, but I would guess that the first men alive in Britain would have probably lived in these dwellings or settlements.

Dunkery004-1.jpg

Dunkery020-1.jpg

Ship lanterns were also used to deceive and attract ships on to the rocks so that the ships could be robbed of their cargo .They were a nasty bunch killing survivors too.:(

It's soccer season again. :D

Sophomore Brehanna Farris was a scoring machine at the JV level during her freshman campaign and made an impact on the varsity team as well, recording a hat trick in the Lady Tigers’ 6-0 victory over Roxana.

News and notes: Olney opened its season Saturday at the Centralia Tournament (see full story in Tuesday’s Olney Daily Mail). The Lady Tigers went 1-1, blanking the host Orphan Annies 5-0 and losing to Mascoutah 2-1.

Farris, Garrett, Novak, Powless, sophomore Jessica Guinn and junior Micah Schmucker each scored goals for Olney while Garrett, Guinn and Novak all had assists.

http://olneydailymail.com/articles/2008/03/17/sports/sports01.txt

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom