Let's go Dolphins
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Now this is from Armando so ...........

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/
6a00d83451b26169e2019b0037c14e970c320wi-1.jpg

Bryant McKinnie is the Dolphins new starting left tackle. Jonathan Martin, who started the previous six games at left tackle, is moving to right tackle.
The only question that remains is whether McKinnie can get up to speed fast enough to be in the lineup this week. The Dolphins hope he can. He is, after all, a 12-year veteran. He has not been sitting on his couch so he is up to as good a football shape as he can be in for his history with weight issues.http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e2019b0037c14e970c-pi
(McKinnie is clearly overweight. The Dolphins list him at 352 pounds. He looks to be more in the 370 range. His sizeable belly bulges out of his practice jersey).
So if McKinnie can learn the playbook -- or enough of it -- to meet the coaching staff's expectations, he'll be playing on Sunday. If not, well then the following week for sure.

comments ?

Last edited by a moderator:
He's so big it might take defenders an extra .3 seconds to get around him. That would be a huge help. lol

Actually he doesn't look as fat as I thought he would. He def has a gut, but there are a lot of O-linemen who look about the same.

He's so big it might take defenders an extra .3 seconds to get around him. That would be a huge help. lol

I was thinking the same thing. Just the journey around him should allow Ryan the time to get a pass off :chuckle:

Actually he doesn't look as fat as I thought he would. He def has a gut, but there are a lot of O-linemen who look about the same.

I was thinking the same, he really does not look as overweight as I thought he would be.

I was hoping that was the staff's thinking here. Could be . . . Hard to believe he could do worse than Martin has so far at LT. Hoping Martin can at least return to last year's form at RT.

I was hoping that was the staff's thinking here. Could be . . . Hard to believe he could do worse than Marin has so far. Hoping Martin can at least return to last year's form at RT.

Believe it or not Martin at LT although a problem was not the biggest problem. There is a reason M.Williams eventually lined up on Clabeo's side for the final couple of drives...

Hes only given up 1 sack this season. As well..Ive heard he has to be really motivated to play well..and when he is..hes a force at LT. Gotta admit he played well during their Bowl run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If he's got ANY gas left in the tank he'll be an improvement.

Hes only given up 1 sack this season. As well..Ive heard he has to be really motivated to play well..and when he is..hes a force at LT. Gotta admit he played well during their Bowl run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm hoping the change of scenery alone will help motivate him to impress his new coaches. He'll have one year left on his contract after this year. Considering his age and need for motivation, I am hoping the FO can get creative and figure out a way to keep him motivated to play at a top level while he plays out what may be his last contract. I'd have him as long as he would be committed to us. But there is a tight rope the FO will have to walk in keeping him happy and motivated while getting the most out of him. Sadly, we could have signed him.

This year, I really thought we missed out on signing him and Leach when we had the chance. Oh well.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with how the coaches view Martin at LT as well. This is a tuff time to be making two OL changes.

Back
Top Bottom