The Problem With The Hurryup O | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Problem With The Hurryup O

I've never had a problem with it. Sometimes me and/or my girlfriend only have a few minutes. Better than no O at all.

Just don't ever get married or your hurry up offense will be like the Dolphins recently. Non existent!

Just don't ever get married or your hurry up offense will be like the Dolphins recently. Non existent!
I tried that once. Nothing cured my desire for sex like being married. Came back strong as ever following the divorce. I'm planning on keeping it that way.

Can’t say that I agree. Miamis meal ticket on d is the sub package edge pass rush.

Best way to unleash it and hide the run game d is to score points and get leads.

Cam wake and Robert Quinn will finish on qbs if they can pin ears. Charles Harris is a wild card.
That's a great plan if we actually make it to a passing down.

The Hurry Up isn't always about running the next play as fast as possible. It is about keeping the D from subbing out and try to get mismatches.....we still ran the clock down several times running it.

Call me old school but I prefer a physical offense built around a power running game. I get it, there are advantages of using a hurry up and the dink and dunk passing game, but this is a physical game. If we’re constantly in the shotgun, and there is no threat of a running game, teams will not respect the running game. I think this has been part of the problem with the last two regimes.

A lot of teams run hurry up offenses in the preseason only to abandon it in the regular season. We've been doing it for years.

Call me old school but I prefer a physical offense built around a power running game. I get it, there are advantages of using a hurry up and the dink and dunk passing game, but this is a physical game. If we’re constantly in the shotgun, and there is no threat of a running game, teams will not respect the running game. I think this has been part of the problem with the last two regimes.
Defense's always stunk under Marinio and we never had a 1000 yard rusher, the 2 are linked omo strong running and defense. It becomes extremely important to have a run game in the winter and bad weather too. Good news our running backs are capable imo and the oline is in the best shape its been in years especially after Mrs Martin got scared and went home to her mother.

our qb is no member of mensa sorry to burst everyone's bubble

3rd and 8? let's check into a draw play LOL

fanboy gase applauds, 'tannehill sees things out there i didn't even consider'

One of the best teams to ever do this was the Buffalo Bills of the 90's. In 1991 they were last in the league in time of possession but had the #1 offense. Their defense was 10th in points allowed but much worse in yards allowed where they were next to last in the league.

Not sure we have the defense needed to run this too often but it could be useful at times.

Conditioning, pursuit and rotational play has been the theme on D. I'm not sure how well it will work if teams know your weakness and continually exploit it like what happened in (and after) Denver vs Gase's offense in 2014, I think. They found they could run the ball and continually did so....

If teams can do that against our interior, we are in bug trouble.

2 main worries for the no huddle:

1. THs inconsistent accuracy, I dont care that he has a 62% comp percentage. That doesnt tell the true story.
2. He has been dreadful on 3rd down in his career

Other than that we are good.

2 main worries for the no huddle:

1. THs inconsistent accuracy, I dont care that he has a 62% comp percentage. That doesnt tell the true story.
2. He has been dreadful on 3rd down in his career

Other than that we are good.

I wonder if theres any relation between a D pinning their ears back against a fruitless OL on 3rd and long, and a QB struggling to move the chains.

Back
Top Bottom