The Quarterback Debate, Whose #3? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Quarterback Debate, Whose #3?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Looks like Burrow may have separated himself as the top quarterback from this class, with Tua right there with him. The third one off the board would figure to be Herbert. But, what about Eason? Honestly, in looking at game tapes and highlights I think Eason will go a lot higher than expected. I'd guess top half of the first round, partly because of need, but also based on his potential. He definitely has the look of an NFL quarterback and, of course, the pedigree.

I may be in the minority, but I'm also a fan of Fromm's. I know Fromm beat Eason out at Georgia, but that was also based on an injury. Fromm will be dinged for his lack of athletic ability, but he strikes me as a good fit in a New England type offense. I think you can win with a quarterback like Fromm.

Here are my rankings.
1. Burrow -- Has flat out dominated against top competition. His 18-20 first half showing set the stage against Bama.
2. Tua --- Came back a little early from the injury. Wouldn't mind him as the consolation prize. Able to buy chances with his athletic ability.
3. Eason --- Close between him and Herbert.
4. Herbert -- Maybe the most physically talented from this class
5. Fromm -- Scouts will likely consider him a mid-tier NFL starter.
6. Love -- Lots of potential. I think he'd benefit from sitting a year. I've read comparisons to Patrick Mahomes. I think that's rich, but he has talent.

If we miss out on Burrow and Tua, I would draft Herbert and then either Eason or Love in the 2nd; if one drops to the second. Even if we draft Burrow or Tua, I’m taking Eason or Love in the second. I’d only consider Fromm if he was in the 4th.

1.Tua
2. Burrow
3. Herbert
4. Fromm
5.Eason
6. Love

Only Tua/Burrow/Herbert should warrant a 1st round pick in a world where either Tua/Burrows/Herbert don’t fall to us then trade back trade out of the 1st with 2nd and 3rd picks (1st round picks) and grab a 1st or 2 next year so you can move up for the top pick next year. Go BPA ie Chase Young if top 3 don’t fall to you but don’t see a world where that doesn’t happen.

If we miss out on Burrow and Tua, I would draft Herbert and then either Eason or Love in the 2nd; if one drops to the second. Even if we draft Burrow or Tua, I’m taking Eason or Love in the second. I’d only consider Fromm if he was in the 4th.

IMO :

1) Tua
2) Burrow
3) Herbert

If we miss out on a QB with our first pick, this season was a failure.

IMO :

1) Tua
2) Burrow
3) Herbert

If we miss out on a QB with our first pick, this season was a failure.
It does seem that way. Could build talent around the quarterback position and take Eason or Fromm to battle it out with Rosen.

Tua

Herbert, Burrow, Fromm

Not much separating the second tier, but I think it highlights what I've been saying all offseason and through this season. The OC/playcaller is just as important as the QB.
So true. As an example, I'd bet Eason or Love would be stars if drafted in New Orleans or New England. Any team that has quality coaching.

Put me down as a fan of both Herbert and Eason.

I've said it before... I'm a prototype guy. Big guys with big arms are who I want for my QB. While I understand that Russel Wilson has been very good. Most smallish QBs just don't succeed at the NFL level.

As of right now it's 1. Tua 2. Burrow 3. Herbert . I like Eason as well. But don't sleep on Gordon with the right coaching that kid can be very formidable.

Gordon will go in the later rounds. At this point, I would draft Herbert, Eason and Gordon. **** it!

I'm not sure that Jacob Eason doesn't belong in whatever conversation includes a Justin Herbert...JMO.

I think Tua Tagovailoa is clearly QB1 but after that, maybe it's just me...but I want to shoot for the moon.

I either get the guy that I think could be the PERFECT fit for my offensive coaching staff (Jake Fromm), or I try and hit a ****ing grand slam by sitting Jordan Love for a year and teaching him.

But you could easily justify Justin Herbert, Jacob Eason, or Joe Burrow. And that's if Desmond Ridder stays in school. And before I even consider going for broke with a Jalen Hurts the way Baltimore did Lamar Jackson.

I only have Burrow in front of Tua because the injury scares me. Tua has had 2 surgeries already or do I have that info wrong?

We'll be in position to draft 1 of the top 3. We're gravy, baby.

And I don't believe in trading down for your QB. If Eason is your guy, don't play games. Don't allow someone to jump in front of you and steal him away. You have two other 1st to haggle with if you want to acquire extra picks for this/next year.

Back
Top Bottom